Returns the corresponding property of a specified symbol. There are 2 variants of the function.
1. Immediately returns the property value.
2. Returns true or false depending on whether a function is successfully performed. In case of success, the value of the property is placed into a recipient variable, passed by reference by the last parameter.
[in] Symbol name.
[in] Identifier of a symbol property. The value can be one of the values of the ENUM_SYMBOL_INFO_DOUBLE enumeration.
[out] Variable of double type receiving the value of the requested property.
- 5040 – invalid string parameter for specifying a symbol name,
- 4301 – unknown symbol (financial instrument),
- 4302 – symbol is not selected in "Market Watch" (not found in the list of available ones),
- 4303 – invalid identifier of a symbol property.
It is recommended to use SymbolInfoTick() if the function is used for getting information about the last tick. It may well be that not a single quote has appeared yet since the terminal is connected to a trading account. In such a case, the requested value will be indefinite.
In most cases, it is enough to use SymbolInfoTick() function allowing a user to receive the values of Ask, Bid, Last, Volume and the time of the last tick's arrival during a single call.
The SymbolInfoMarginRate() function provides data on the amount of charged margin depending on the order type and direction.