An interest rate is an annualized price charged by a lender to a borrower in order for the borrower to obtain a loan.
Specifically, it is a percentage of principal paid a certain number of times per period for all periods during the total term of the loan or credit.
Interest-rate targets are a vital tool of monetary policy and are taken into account when dealing with variables like investment, inflation, and unemployment.
Higher interest rates increase the cost of borrowing which can reduce investment and output and increase unemployment.
The central banks of countries generally tend to reduce interest rates when they wish to increase investment and consumption in the country's economy. At the same time, a low interest rate as a macro-economic policy can bear risks leading to the creation of an economic bubble, in which large amounts of investments are poured into the real-estate market and stock market.
- 81 Analytics & Forecasts FED FOMC Meeting Most Likely To Increase Interest Rumors in the financial media are becoming very strong
- 222 Analytics & Forecasts USD/CAD Intra-Day Fundamentals: Bank of Canada
- 448 Analytics & Forecasts AUD/USD Intra-Day Fundamentals: RBA Monetary Policy
- 329 Analytics & Forecasts NZD/USD Intra-Day Fundamentals: RBNZ Official Cash Rate
- 211 Analytics & Forecasts AUD/USD Intra-Day Fundamentals: RBA Cash Rate and 59
- 72 Market News Is the US now heading for interest rate cuts A lot of market players seem to think so
- 69 Banks Interest rates: Reserve Bank signals more cuts amid
- 120 Market News Yen tumbles on renewed rate cut talk
Bank of Japan ready to buy bonds, cut rates deeper
14 April 2016 #Interest Rate
- 72 Analytics & Forecasts Fed should wait for stronger inflation before raising
- 87 Market News How negative interest rates take money out of your
- 193 Analytics & Forecasts Fed To Hold Unexpected Meeting Under "Expedited With everyone's focus sharply attuned on anything to do
- 61 Trading Ideas How negative interest rates could lead to a world
- 73 Banks Yellen Speech Eyed as Fed Tone Turns More Hawkish
- 76 Analytics & Forecasts Another interest rate hike ‘may not be far off,’ Fed’s
- 127 Law/Regulations UK court orders jailed Libor trader to pay $1.25
- 83 Analytics & Forecasts The probability of an April rate hike just doubled
- 71 Banks UK Bank Rate: Next Move Up or Down
- 98 Analytics & Forecasts ECB Reopens Door to Fresh Rate Cuts
- 116 Analytics & Forecasts Economists React to the Fed Decision: ‘They Do Not
- 71 Market News Fed seen holding rates steady as it faces fine
- 119 Currency BoE Interest Rate Expectations – Lloyds Bank
- 147 Currency Impact of Interest Rates on Forex
- 173 Other Carry Trade Investing Simplest idea ever One of the simplest ideas in
- 91 Analytics & Forecasts AUD/NZD testing lows on RBA's Edwards
- 70 Analytics & Forecasts The Fed Wants to Test How Banks Would Handle As interest rates turn negative around the world, the
- 88 Market News What you need to know about the Bank of Japan and The Bank of Japan brought the thunder Friday, shocking
- 2 942 Analytics & Forecasts EURUSD Intra-Day Fundamentals - Minimum Bid Rate and
- 92 Forecasts China Plenum in Focus After Surprise PBOC Interest Rate
- 1 307 Analytics & Forecasts Goldman Sachs about Next Week's FOMC: 'the first hike