Detailed description of the VR Smart Grid v21.020 Expert Advisor settings
❗❗❗ To obtain the most accurate results, it's highly recommended to use training and demo accounts! ❗❗❗
The strategy tester does not show the real results of the VR Smart Grid automatic trading strategy.
A few words from the VR Smart Grid program author.
Dear colleagues and friends-traders, every one of us wants to make money in the financial markets, including me! I started working on the VR Smart Grid Expert Advisor in 2009. While working on the Expert Advisor, I tried thousands of different algorithms and logical operations. Every new version was tested on training and demo accounts, as the tester does not show the real picture. Only by observing the work of the Expert Advisor in real conditions, I upgraded the algorithm from version to version, selecting the best combinations of algorithms. The VR Smart Grid Expert Advisor is very different from other similar algorithms, not only because it has eight types of averaging, but also because its settings allow you to fine-tune your automatic trading strategy.
The main recommendation from the Author:Do you want to get a reliable test of the VR Smart Grid? Use training or demo accounts only. Take the time and one demo account to clearly understand the effectiveness of the VR Smart Grid automatic trading strategy. A list of all recommendations is at the end of the description.
⚡ * 4/5-Indicates that the setting depends on the characters in the financial instrument, for 5-digit brokers - 500, for 4-digit - 50.
Lot calculation Settings
- Type of lot calculation (Fixed or By interest) - Sets up the selection of the lot calculation type for the first starting order.
- Fixed Lot - the lot remains unchanged.
- Lot by interest % - the lot increases depending on the growth of the balance on the deposit.
- Lot value - The value of a fixed lot or a percentage - depends on the parameter selected in the "Lot calculation type " setting, for "Fixed lot" you need to specify the lot value, for example 0.01 or 1.26, for "Lot based on the percentage of the balance", you need to specify a percentage, for example 0.5 or 5. By entering the value 5 in the field, the expert advisor automatically calculates the lot based on 5% of the deposit, if the deposit is $100,000, the lot will be 5% - $ 5,000, and the lot value will be 21.65.
- Lot calculation type (order pricing) - The type of lot calculation - The setting allows you to choose a lot management strategy for new orders that open in the network against the trend.
- Start lot - The lot remains unchanged, the lot specified in the "Fixed lot or percentage" setting is used for all orders. Example: (0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0.01)
- Martingale lot - the lot is calculated from the formula, the lot of the previous order is multiplied by 2. Example: (0.01, 0.02, 0.04, 0.08, 0.16, 0.32)
- Fibo lot - the lot is calculated according to the principle of Fibonacci numbers, every new lot is equal to the sum of the two previous lots. Example: (0.01, 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.05, 0.08, 0.13 )
- Sum start lot - the lot is calculated by adding the lot specified in the "Fixed lot or percentage value" setting and the lot of the last open order. Example: (0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.04, 0.05, 0.06)
- Up lot + Dw lot - The lot is calculated by adding the lots of the first order and the last one. Example: (3+,4,7,10,13,16,19)
- Lot Mmultiplier - the setting allows you to further increase or decrease the lot obtained as a result of calculations using the formulas described above. Example: calculation type StartLot, Lot Mmultiplier = 2. 0.01 * Lot Mmultiplier = 0,02 - 0,04 - 0,08 - 0,16 Example 2: Calculation type Martingale lot, Lot Mmultiplier = 2 0,01 * 2 * Lot Mmultiplier = 0.04 Example 3: calculation type Martingale lot, Lot Mmultiplier = 1,5 0,01 * 2 * Lot Mmultiplier = 0.03
- Maximum allowed buy lot - the setting limits the maximum lot, if as a result of the calculations of the lot management strategy, the lot is larger than specified in the setting, the Expert Advisor will open an order that does not exceed the value specified in the setting.
- Maximum allowed sell lot - the setting limits the maximum lot, if as a result of the calculations of the lot management strategy, the lot is larger than specified in the setting, the Expert Advisor will open an order that does not exceed the value specified in the setting.
Order averaging settings
- Averaging order type - the setting allows you to choose a strategy for calculating the average price, when it is reached, some orders or all orders will be closed.
- All orders - Average all orders against the trend - the strategy calculates the real Take Profit levels for all orders. All orders are set to a real take profit, which is recorded on the broker's server and in the trader's terminal.
- Two orders Maximum lot and Minimum lot - Average the two extreme orders against the trend - the strategy calculates the real Take Profit levels for the two extreme orders. The order with the highest opening price and the lowest opening price is taken into account.
- Two orders Maximum lot and prev Maximum lot - Average the last two orders against the trend - the strategy calculates the real Take Profit levels for the last two orders. The last two orders opened by price and time are taken into account.
- Smart averaging - Smart averaging, selection of the most optimal averaging -The strategy analyzes the previous three strategies "Average all orders against the trend, Average the two extreme orders against the trend, Average the last two orders against the trend" in order to calculate and find the price that is as close as possible to the current market price. The closer the average order price is to the current market price, the more likely it is to close some orders with a profit and reduce the position against the trend. The strategy works with each change in the position of orders, and the levels are recalculated with each change in the number of orders. Real Take Profit levels are used for orders.
- All orders (Part) - Partial averaging of all orders against the trend - the strategy works similarly to the "Average all orders against the trend" strategy, with a few differences. 1 - A virtual Take Profit level is used, which allows you to hide your levels from the broker, 2 - The average price is calculated not for the entire lot, but for the part of the lot specified in the "Percentage of closing part of orders in the network" setting. If the order uses lot 1, and the setting specifies 50 percent, then 0.5 lots will be used to calculate the average price.
- Two orders Maximum lot and Minimum lot (Part) - Partial averaging of extreme orders against the trend - the strategy works similarly to the strategy "Average two extreme orders against the trend" with a few differences. Virtual Take Profit levels are used, and parts of lots are used to calculate the closing price.
- Two orders Maximum lot and prev Maximum lot (Part) - Partial averaging of the last two orders against the trend - the strategy works similarly to the strategy "Average the last two orders against the trend" with a few differences. Virtual Take Profit levels are used, and parts of lots are used to calculate the closing price.
- Smart averaging (Part) - Smart partial averaging - picks the most optimal averaging from partial averaging and order closing algorithms. In this mode, the Expert Advisor automatically analyzes prices in search of the most optimal ones in order to quickly reduce trading positions in the market.
- Do not use averaging - Do not use averaging against the trend - the strategy excludes the calculation of average prices and the closing of orders at general prices or general Take Profits.
- Percentage of closing part of orders in the network - the setting sets the percentage for closing part of orders, applies only to the strategies "Partial averaging of all orders against the trend, Partial averaging of extreme orders against the trend, Partial averaging of the last two orders against the trend".
Order type settings
- Trade type - Trade type - the setting allows you to select the type of trade and the direction of trade.
- Use all orders - simultaneous trading of buy and sell orders - the setting allows you to enable full automatic trading of buy and sell orders.
- Trade with only buy orders - the setting allows you to enable buy-only trading, initial sell orders will not be opened, sell orders opened before enabling the setting will remain under the control of the Expert Advisor and will be closed on the principle of "Smooth stop of sell trading"
- Trade with only sell orders - the setting allows you to enable only sell trading, the initial buy orders will not be opened, buy orders opened before enabling the setting will remain under the control of the Expert Advisor and will be closed on the principle of "Smooth stop of buy trading"
- Gradually stop buying - the setting smoothly completes the strategy of buying a financial instrument. Enabling this setting does not mean that buy orders will no longer be opened. The advisor will continue to work normally until it closes all buy orders. After all buy orders are closed, no new buy orders will be opened. Selling will be conducted as usual.
- Gradually stop selling - the setting smoothly closes the strategy of selling a financial instrument. Enabling this setting does not mean that sell orders will no longer be opened. The advisor will continue to work normally until it closes all sell orders. After all sell orders are closed, no new orders will be opened. Buying will be conducted as usual.
- Gradually stop the advisor - Smooth stop of trading of all types of orders - the setting smoothly terminates the work of the adviser. Smooth completion does not mean that the advisor will not open new orders. The advisor will continue trading until it closes all orders.
- Enable manual trade mode (MagicNumber = 0) Picking up manual orders (Magic number = 0) - The setting is intended for trading in manual mode. The trader decides when and which order to open. In this mode, the advisor controls orders opened by the trader and in case of incorrect entry by the trader's hands, the advisor's task is to eliminate a possible "Bad entry" with minimal profit.
- Maximum amount of buy orders - The maximum number of buy orders against the trend - the setting limits the number of buy orders opened against the trend.
- Maximum amount of sell orders - Maximum number of sell orders against the trend - the setting limits the number of sell orders opened against the trend.
Step between orders settings
- 4/5 Step between orders in points - the setting sets the distance in points between the open order and the order to be opened.
- 4/5 Series of orders - Increase the step by the specified number of points - the setting increases the value specified in the "Step between orders in points" depending on the number of orders by type.
Settings for managing your balance
- Minimum profit upon the closure of a series of orders in points - the setting sets the minimum profit value in points that should be obtained when orders are fully or partially closed.
- Close all when the amount Profit - the setting allows you to close all orders if the total floating profit has reached the specified value. The profit amount is indicated in the deposit currency. Example: (100)
- Close all when the amount Loss - the setting allows you to close all orders if the total floating loss has reached the specified value. The loss is indicated in the deposit currency. Example: (-100) Minus is obligatory.
- Stop trade or Start trade - the setting allows you to either completely stop the work of the Expert Advisor on the trading account after triggering "Close all orders with more profit" or "Close all orders with more loss" or resume trading after closing all orders. The strategy type is selected in the settings below.
- Full stop - Full stop without resuming trading - the setting will tell the trading program to close all orders and stop trading. Trading with the expert advisor stops regardless of whether the Auto trade button is pressed in the terminal or not.
- Stop trade and Start trade - the setting will tell the trading program to close all orders and resume trading.
Trailing stop settings
- 4/5 Trailing stop distance Trend - Trailing stop for trend orders - the setting enables the trading strategy of the Expert Advisor, taking into account the trend. Depending on the specified value, the trading algorithm will move the real stop loss level to follow the price at the distance specified in the setting. When the distance between the Stop Loss is greater than or equal to the specified value, a new trend order will be opened.
- 4/5 Trailing stop distance Against the trend-Trailing stop for orders against the trend - The setting enables a trading strategy for trading using a Trailing Stop against the trend. Moving the real Stop Loss level to follow the price will only occur for orders opened against the trend.
Trading time stop settings
- Trade in the new bar? - Use a new bar to open a position - the setting allows you to tell the program to open a new order, taking into account the "Step between orders in points" setting and when a new bar appears. Orders will be opened in a new bar with an offset of 5 seconds to avoid falling into the over-active period of calls to the broker's server.
- Work Time ( On/Off) - Disable the Expert Advisor for a while? - the setting instructs the program to control the set trading time specified below.
- Stop trading stop at - the time when the Expert Advisor stops opening new orders. At the same time, the Expert Advisor continues to work with orders that were opened earlier.
- Renew the trading at - the time when the Expert Advisor resumes opening new orders.
Trading strategy signals settings
- Trading strategy signal type - Trading strategy signals from indicators - the setting allows you to choose a trading strategy based on indicators or non-indicator trading.
- Do not use indicator signals - the trading strategy is based on the absence of orders. If there is no order or the order was closed, the advisor will open a new order.
- CCI Signal - a strategy based on the CCI indicator. An indicator with a period of 20 is programmed in the Expert Advisor. the signal to open an order occurs if the CCI indicator value crosses the 100 and -100 levels.
- Break of the Donchian channel - a strategy based on the Donchian channel, an order is opened when the price crosses the channel border for a breakout. Buying occurs if the price passes the upper level, selling occurs if the price falls below the lower border of the channel.
- Crossing the moving average - the strategy is based on crossing of moving averages. The indicator periods can be specified in the settings below. For a fast moving average, "indicator Period 1 Period PTP", for a slow moving average, "indicator Period 2 Target Factor PTP". A buy order is opened when the fast moving average crosses the slow moving average from the bottom up. A sell order is opened when the fast moving average crosses the slow moving average from top to bottom.
- Custom signal - the strategy allows the trader to pass a signal from any other indicator or Expert Advisor. The signal passing method is very simple and is based on global variables of the MetaTrader terminal. In order for the expert advisor to open a buy order, you need to pass the value 1 through the global variable named "SignalBuy". to sell, you need to pass the value -1 through the global variable named "SignalSell". Any other value passed through global variables is ignored.
- GlobalVariableSet ("SignalBuy", 1); - Passing a buy signal.
- GlobalVariableSet ("SignalSell", -1); - Passing a sell signal.
- Custom signals PTP a signal based on the PTP indicator, Set the indicator period "Indicator Period 1 Period PTP" set the second value "Indicator period 2 Target Factor PTP", the buffer number for growth "Indicator buffer number for purchases", the buffer number for purchases "Indicator buffer number for sales".
- Apply a signal to all orders in the grid - Apply signals for the starting order or for all orders against the trend? - The setting tells the Expert Advisor to apply signals only to the first orders, when there are no orders at all in the terminal, or to open all orders based on the signal.
- Period: Donchian, CCI, Ma1, PTP - Indicator period 1 Period PTP - settings of the periods of the fast moving average or the PTP indicator period.
- Period: Ma2, TF PTP - Indicator period 2 Target Factor PTP - settings of the periods of the slow moving average or the PTP indicator period.
- The buffer number Up - the number of the indicator buffer for buying - setting up the indicator buffer for purchases.
- The buffer number Dw - the number of the indicator buffer for selling - setting up the indicator buffer for sales.
- Show balance information on a chart - Show the growth of the balance on the chart? - the setting displays the information on the chart.
- Order comment - adding comments to orders, if the field is empty, then the program name and "Magic Number" are specified in the comment.
- Magic Number - setting the serial number, by this number the Expert Advisor distinguishes its orders from other orders.
- 4/5 Slippage - the setting sets the size of the slip in points.
🟢🟢🟢Answers to frequently asked questions and recommendations:🟢🟢🟢
Recommendation 1: for round-the-clock trading of any automatic strategies, you need a computer that works around the clock. If you can't leave your computer running around the clock, we recommend renting a specialized VPS server. VPS server will allow your Expert Advisor to work around the clock. In fact, a server is the same computer as your home computer, only it works in a remote data center. Its performance is monitored by professional administrators. For optimal performance, we recommend VPS from Trading-Go
Recommendation 2: Perform testing in conditions as close to real conditions as possible. Use demo accounts. Only by testing the Expert Advisor on demo accounts will you be able to qualitatively determine the effectiveness of your trading strategy. The minimum testing period is 2-4 working weeks.
Recommendation 3: The amount of the deposit for an Expert Advisor to work with depends on your ability to manage your trading strategy, it is possible to start trading with $100. In this case, we recommend using cent accounts. The better you test the advisor in conditions as close to real as possible, the less risks you will experience in the process.
Recommendation 4: You can always get the current settings and .set files in the telegram group https://t.me/tradinggoen, but even after receiving the settings from a successful user, we strongly recommend that you test them in the demo conditions. Any configuration files should be carefully checked and tested. Every setting is tailored for a specific broker, financial instrument, spread, fee, and trader preferences.
Recommendation 5: Do not expect grandiose results in a short time, have patience and carefully study the work of the advisor.
Recommendation 6: Avoid trading on the news, try to finish trading activity on the account before the release of strong news.
Recommendation 7: The Expert Advisor was developed for any type of broker, we have a list of proven brokers that work with this Expert Advisor. List of recommended brokers
Recommendation 8: Keep track of the Expert Advisor updates in your terminal. When a new update is released, you will receive a notification in your terminal. You can update the program in the terminal in the Market tab.
What is activation and why is it needed? Activation is the right to install the program on one unique computer. When the Expert Advisor is loaded into the terminal, one activation per computer is debited. If you install the Expert Advisor on another computer, another activation will be debited. If you use up all activations, you will have to purchase the program. By default, 30 activations are given, you can install the Expert Advisor 30 times on a new computer.
Do you set up the Expert Advisor after the purchase? No, there are no settings that work all the time, the settings need to be changed depending on the situation on the financial instrument.
What is the yield of the program? We do not guarantee profit or loss, the result depends on your skills and knowledge of the algorithms of the program. Trading in financial markets is a risky activity, you can not only make a profit, but also get losses.
What leverage should I use? The lower the leverage, the lower the risk, the EA was originally developed for a leverage of 1 to 500, but you can use a different leverage. We recommend testing the program on a demo account with the desired leverage.
How many accounts can I use the program on? There are no restrictions on the number of accounts and brokers.
I found a site where the program is cheaper! You can buy the original copy of the program only in the Mql5 market, all other offers are fraudulent.
Can I buy the program directly from the author? No, you can only buy the program in the Mql5 market .
Can I get a discount? Discounts are not available to individual customers. Discounts are periodically arranged for all programs, you can add the program to your favorites and monitor the price changes.
Your result directly depends on your understanding of the algorithms of the automatic trading strategy.