More from Yellen
- Households are in much improved shape
- Low change US will be in recession at year-end
- Not likely Brexit will push US into recession
Yellen is betting hard on the consumer.
- Negative yields elsewhere are driving US rates lower
- Brexit "would usher in a period of uncertainty".
- We may see slowing job creation with economy close to full employment
- Hope and expectation is that jobs market will turn around in coming months
- Commodity prices reflect global forces
- US supply, global forces hurt oil prices