Guide to Today's Important Data and Events
Lots of economic dockets scheduled for today and all with low to medium risks associated.
Data released so far –
- New Zealand – ANZ activity outlook rose to 32.1% for April, compared to 29.4% prior. ANZ business confidence rose to 6.2 from 3.2 prior. M3 money supply rose 7.8%
- Australia – Private sector credit grew at slower pace of 0.4% m/m and 6.4% y/y. Producer price index declined -0.2% in March, up 1.2% y/y.
- Germany – Retail sales report for March will be released at 6:00 GMT.
- France – producer prices and consumer spending report will be released at 6:45 GMT.
- Spain – First quarter GDP will be announced at 7:00 GMT, along with current account balance for February.
- Switzerland – KOF leading indicator for April will be released at 7:00 GMT.
- Italy – Unemployment report for March will be released at 8:00 GMT. CPI for April will be released at 9:00 GMT. Producer price index will be announced at 10:00 GMT.
- United Kingdom – Net lending to individuals and Mortgage approvals for March will be announced at 8:30 GMT. MPC member Cunliffe is scheduled to speak at 12:00 GMT.
- Euro Zone – Consumer price index for April and unemployment report for March will be released at 9:00 GMT.
- India – Government may announce March fiscal deficit today. RBI will release FX reserve details at 11:30 GMT.
- United States – Personal income and spending report at 12:30 GMT. Chicago PMI for April will be released at 13:45 GMT. Michigan consumer sentiment will be announced at 14:00 GMT.
- Canada – Raw material price, industrial product price and GDP for February will be released at 12:30 GMT.