configuring MT4 with metaserver

Hello Every body

I am a newbie

I want to know the steps to configure Metaserver with MT4 .

Thanks In advacne 

uday121:

Hello Every body

I am a newbie

I want to know the steps to configure Metaserver with MT4 .

Thanks In advacne 

What MetaServer ? give a us a link of what you mean by MetaServer.

phi.nuts:
What MetaServer ? give a us a link of what you mean by MetaServer.
  Metaserver RT 2.0 Pro for DDE

uday121:
  Metaserver RT 2.0 Pro for DDE
Like this one http://www.traderssoft.com/mst/ ?. You may have to ask them or to MetaQuotes Service Desk in your mql5.com profile.

Dear Sir
As I am New to this field, can you please help me in figuring out the differnce between mql4 and mql5.

One more thing,I have opened a demo FXCM MT4 a/c,I want to know that as I am using any EA (say MACD sample) it is just showing an text written in the chart window at upper right corner of the chart.

I was expecting this like the EAs in Metastock (with buy sell indicator),or Am I missing something to plot these EAs on the charts,If so Please let me know the way so that I can plot EAs on the charts.

In short Can I get EAs in MT4 terminal like in Metastock (with buy sell arrows )in the chart.

Regards

uday121:

Dear Sir
As I am New to this field, can you please help me in figuring out the differnce between mql4 and mql5.

One more thing,I have opened a demo FXCM MT4 a/c,I want to know that as I am using any EA (say MACD sample) it is just showing an text written in the chart window at upper right corner of the chart.

I was expecting this like the EAs in Metastock (with buy sell indicator),or Am I missing something to plot these EAs on the charts,If so Please let me know the way so that I can plot EAs on the charts.

In short Can I get EAs in MT4 terminal like in Metastock (with buy sell arrows )in the chart.

If you want an Indicator on your chart put an Indicator on your chart . . .  if you want a Robot to trade for you use an EA.

uday121:

Dear Sir

Regards

1. What EA you attach to the chart ?, Did the text has a smiley face or not ?

2. The EA in MetaStock must be converted to mql4 first before you can use it in MT4. 

Dear Sir

Thanks For your Reply

My english is not very good,I am sorry for that,still I try to explain my querry 

For Example as I am putting MACD EA in metastock(say on daily chart),it shows various buy and sell arrows during past various days,which I used to see whether it (indicator MACD) worked well or not in the past.

But the same if I am using on MT4 the MACD sample (EA ),it just makes an text macdsample * at the right upper corner of the chart.

So my question is that,can I get the EA signal as I am having in metastock. 

I am attaching the images to put more light on my querry.I have encircled (in both images) the area to put more consideration on that part.

Regards 

Regards metastock imagemt4 image

phi.nuts:

1. What EA you attach to the chart ?, Did the text has a smiley face or not ?

2. The EA in MetaStock must be converted to mql4 first before you can use it in MT4. 

I am using the EA MACD sample which is available in NAVIGATOR in MT4 terminal.

RaptorUK:
If you want an Indicator on your chart put an Indicator on your chart . . .  if you want a Robot to trade for you use an EA.

uday121:
I am using the EA MACD sample which is available in NAVIGATOR in MT4 terminal.
Which is different from MetaStocks. That's why it does NOT draw any arrows on charts. You just have to re-write that MT4 EA or convert that MetaStock EA to mql4.
Reason: