New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 445 - page 2

I have a problem with this build 445.

I have some indicators that can takes a long time to be displayed because of the computation (lot of data, several loops, and so on...).

And since build 445, when I try to display an indicator that takes more than 1 or 2 minutes  to be diplayed (i.e to complete its computation), MT4 is frozen and I have to stop the MT4 process.

I join an indicator to reproduce the problem: increase (progressively) the input parameter <e_period> until it takes an infinite time.

Moreover it is strange because this time limit for completing the computation is never the same. For example, I set  e_period = 105 and the indicator is diplayed after 1min 50s. MT4 is not frozen, evrething works.

I close the terminal and restart it. I try the same value (105) but this time the indicator is not displayed after 10 minutes and I have to stop the process.

But I am sure there is a problem with this build when an indicator  takes a long time to complete its computation.

Files:

emmanuel:

I have a problem with this build 445.

Moreover it is strange because this time limit for completing the computation is never the same. For example, I set  e_period = 105 and the indicator is diplayed after 1min 50s. MT4 is not frozen, evrething works.

I close the terminal and restart it. I try the same value (105) but this time the indicator is not displayed after 10 minutes and I have to stop the process.

How long does the same computation take on build 438 ?  and is it a consistent time ?

I succeed to find a previous build from a broker (IBfx). It is not the 438 but the 432.

I copied my historical data file (EURUSD M15  75000 bars) from the build 445 to the 432.

So these 2 MT4 have the same historical length and this is the result :

e_period
build 432
build 445
Diff. 
13s
21s
+61% 
20s
25s
+25% 
29s
36s
 +24%
40s
49s
 +22%
1min 20s
1min 36s
 +20%
3min
7min 30s
+150% !!!!!! 

I was lucky to complete the last test with the build 445 because when the computation takes more than 2 minutes I can not tell if it can complete in a "reasonable time".

emmanuel:

I succeed to find a previous build from a broker (IBfx). It is not the 438 but the 432.

I copied my historical data file (EURUSD M15  75000 bars) from the build 445 to the 432.

So these 2 MT4 have the same historical length and this is the result :

Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to gather and post these results, publishing repeatable results will always help resolve an issue faster than just a simple complaint.  :-)

up to build of 432, the terminal was compatible with server 2008 R2 *server core* installation,

but the builds after that are not compatible anymore!

is there any specific software package which has to be installed for it? (VC++ runtimes and alike)

i've already installed all of them even the VC++ 2005 ones and it didn't worked.

i also have attached the popup error message which i'm getting when starting both the terminal and metaeditor.

hi all i'm  a newbie on forex trading and also on meta trader terminal

after a month on research on several server using meta trader 4, i just imagine if meta trader terminal can open multiple account in one terminal but make one account as leading account ( leading account can see chart and expert advisor) so executing order (by expert advisor) on leading account was reflected to other account(other account can be different server or same server) on the same time.

i think that would reduce much more cpu ussage n memory usage for people who use more than one terminal on trading

sorry for my poor english, hope my inspiration can be a great contribute for metatrader.

Reason: