MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 933

Since I have never used an EA before (not even for testing), I have a few questions about how EAs work for trading a system. Do you need to run an EA from your computer? Does your computer need to be on permanently?Can you upload your EA to your broker's server? Do all brokers offer this service?Can...
Hi there. I've some problem that I know some one on this forum can help me with.  I have a idé and some code to set an alarm.  Primery trigger: If cangle < iBands go to next trigger     secondary trigger: If the CCI is between -170 & -120 Trigger alarm (Buy)     First of all i dont know how to make...
When a new tick comes in does metatrader draws the indicators on the chart first or does it call the EA first?  I want to make sure that when my EA calls an indicator's property thru ObjectGet(), the object is already formed right after the tick comes in. So is the indicator updated right away with...
hi jagui ,   I want to develop the GUI that manage the MT 4 terminal how we can do it ? If you have  any idea then tell me ?can you provide the little running code that have the same functionality.  i want to develop the  little bit similar GUI that is shown at given url Please follow the Given...
Imagine the simple problem, I have £10,000 and I am only willing to lose 1% of that with the next trade. The next trade is on EURNZD, an XXX/NZD pair. If my stop loss is 100 pips, what is my lot size? I know the answer since I have calculated in the code below. But what I am wondering is why I have...
as I was looking for a more complete history to test my ea on(the history files I have now contain holes that are month's long) I saw that Mql4 has the smallest interval of minutes for history instead of a tick by tick history. is this true? if so, then my back testing results are going to be...
[Deleted]
 How can I copy a file?  This does not work: #import "Kernel32.dll"int start() {  string Path = TerminalPath() +"\\experts\\";  CopyFileA (Path + "\\files\\xyz.txt", Path + "\\files\\xyz2.txt", true  );}  ERROR: 'CopyFileA' - function is not defined
Hello, I made this ea using Ea Builder online. It will work all day in stratergy tester on Ibfx. But it will not work when its on a live demo chart? I have seen it take a trade when i set the take profit true tab to false? But i need a take profit target? Can anyone help? Here is the code. Sorry if...
Dear Forex friend/Programmer- I am using a EA which is taking buy order when signal alert comes with arrow up and vice versa.... BUT my problem is that even if the order hits take profit or Stop loss ....the EA takes again the same order inwhich the arrow direction is there.. Can any...
Simply I want to devlop  only GUI in C#.net and passing as input to MT4 terminal to draw the indicator and send the order to exchange. How we can achieve this functionalities ? Here is  no issue of client and server communication  bcoz C# application and MT4 terminal are running on same machine. I...
  Placing Pending Orders  (16   1 2)
With the code attached it doesn't open short pending orders ! and only open 1 pending order for long trades. I was trying to have 3 pending trades open Short/ Long each Entry price incremented  by 25pips. If you could let me know of any coding mistakes I have made or suggestions are appreciated....
  FileSeek?  (3)
hello everyone, I can't seem to figure out how to Flile_Seek Specific Points. eg. I'll have a file like this: 1.5;0.56;5 2.2;0.66;8 0.3;0.75;5.2   and I want to Get the second line down, and third deliminated number across. (8) i take it it should look something like this (Error handleing not shown...
  demo vs live  (6)
Hello MQL4 community, What are some major differences between testing EAs on demo vs live ? Thank you
Optimization - Is it different logic or does it just rank results = order by ie. expert properties > Optimized parameter > Balance or Profit Factor or Expected Payoff or Maximal drawdown or drawdown percent
[Deleted]
Hi ! Is there a way to check - other than manually browse through the report - which was the period that contains the maximal drawdown ? It would be even better to get a list of the drawdowns, with dates ( maximal, second maximal, third, etc )
[Deleted]
I am working with an EA, using Smoothed Fisher Transform of RSI, developed by Vervoort. In the calculation I have met a problem, which I maybe has looked into so long that I am completely blinded. In the calculation of Rainbow Indicator (as part of the Fisher Transform), the following problem
[Deleted]
Is there any way to get the full absolute path of the expert folder using MLQ4? Alert(EAAbsolutePath());
Hi all,   This ea have a strategy that  open an opposite order at a precise distance. The issue is that it opens the order but many times with a different distance that it should. Below is the code that ope the opposite order, could anyone show me where I'm wrong ?  Thanks in advance for any support...
[Deleted]
Hi all,  I'm backtesting a grid strategy EA, and am running into error 148 problems - too many trades.  Is there a setting I need to change, or is this a memory limitation?  My broker allows unlimited live and demo trades, and my demo testing has easily exceeded the number of trades I was planning...
  USDINR  (3)
How to get USDINR price (Spot Price) for calculation in chart where the symbol USDINR is not available in Symbol() list? Or How to get USDINR spot price from other net source? Thanks in advance....
Hi I am testing an EA via Metatrader 4 and I am hosting Metatrader 4 via Amazon Ec2 Cloud Computing for constant connection. I have noticed that the following seems to disable itself after a few hours (or at least it has today and also on Friday):  Tools > Options > Expert Advisors >  Enable Expert...
[Deleted]
Is it possible to get market news data for a given historic period from MetaTrader? Or is it possible to download these data somewhere else?
[Deleted]
I am coding a grid trading EA. as I need to replenish my pending orders. I was thinking of using OrderDelete to remove all pending orders then use a for loop and OrderSend to set them up again. This is one a tick by tick timeframe.  Just wondering, at which part of the code does the tick by tick...
hi, I have a problem. I wish to fix this parameter   High[1]-Low[1]  for obtain a steady trailing step, but obviously this code, as soon as there is new candle is updated. I'd like to create a simple function for returns steady distance between (start high candle) - (star low candle) to insert...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, i like to draw a rectangle for the last 5 Bars. Die High of the Rectangle is the Highest High of these Bars and the Low is die lowest Low. How can i manage this? I'm not sure how to set the high and low. thanks guys
Hi, I'm stuck trying to display a particular value according to the currnt chart's symbol using Comment. Basically if I load this indicator up in GBPUSD, it would display the 1 value at the top left, if I had EURUSD chart open, it would display 2, etc. It's not the most efficient code but here is...
Need some support with code. I want to find number of all buy orders in history for start with. Have been looking for number of samples but they do not make sense for me as I am still in learning curve.  Below is my sample for finding latest orders with magic number. Want to add here code for...
I can not get Alert or PlaySound working when running my EA code in tester. Print command does work in Journal, but with lag and I prefer popup alert to troubleshoot my code. Any suggestion what should I try? if (a1> 1 ) //fix: when there are more
Hi  i ve got the following code of a custom indicator. What s doing is plotting the Close of the current bar timeframe as an indicator on a separate window for the first 180 bars only. The problem is that for some reason - cant figure out - there is an image of the buffer after a while like the...