MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 928

Is it possible to backtest a strategy on a group of currency pairs? and How? thank you.
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I've got just a quick question for You. I would like to modify the script, that would wait certain amount of time (bars) after last TP or SL until opening a new order.  Unfortunately I couldn't find the solution to my problem. Maybe anyone could help me with that? I've been using X...
HI, all. Is it possible to write an EA to scan all the currency pairs and commodities and then find the one with the most strong trend in MT4?I  I am still new to MT4. MY current intention is to analyze mutiple time frames for each currency pair and commodities.  and then to select the one with the...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I am new in the Metatrader / MQL4 world but I am an experienced programmer. My questions are: a) Does anybody know of a functionality to automatically process trade signals delivered by EMail (In Detail: When Mail enters Mailbox, program is triggered; it cuts trading info from first line...
[Deleted]
  Code Not Working  (4)
This is a work in process. I am writing pieces of the code and then testing.    The following code is supposed to print the the most profit achieved and the largest loss achieved on the screen.  I have watched the results and sometimes it will miss an update. I do not understand why.   Thank you for...
New article MQL5 Programming Basics: Arrays is published at mql5.com: Arrays are an integral part of almost any programming language along with variables and functions. Many novice programmers are often afraid of arrays. It sounds strange but it is true! I can assure you that they are...
Every thing works except for the SellLimits , Stop loss and Take Profit which flickers. I am placing a at MKT "Sell order" and then a 1x Sell on Stop order and a 1x Sell at Limit order. Being an ECN Boiker I have to do order Modify to modify stop Loss and Takeprofit on each order. The problem...
Hi, I want to check for entry price only within(let say 6 hours (21600seconds)) after MA cross. int start() { // Moving averages double FastMA = iMA ( NULL , 0 ,FastMAPeriod, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ); double SlowMA = iMA ( NULL , 0 ,SlowMAPeriod, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ); double LastFastMA = iMA (
[Deleted]
  Window Closing  (1)
I am studying C++ along with MQL4 to help me better understand some concepts.  I downloaded a free editor and compiler for C++ and it works great.  Only one problem, when I run the program, the window closes before displaying the results of the program.  There is probably something simple I can do...
hello  i need script or expert to do like this if i in eur/usd want to sell and usu/cad want to bay at same time and have profit too sameone know  thank you
Hello Genius! I am looking for an easily executed EA that does a simple job. As you can see from the image above, there will be a 21 EMA and a trade will be opened whenever a candle opens above or below the MA. But here is the filter: It will ignore the first crossing candle and wait until there is
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm looking for information about how could I create an indicator that draws two horizontal lines with the maximum and minimum of the previous day indicator's data.  The indicator is Awesome Oscilator. Also I would like to be like some pivot indicators, that draw all the chart, not just the last...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I don´t know anything about programing and I do not have the time to learn about it, I just have very basic knowledge and I need the whole lines of the program before compilation. It is simple i think. I need in a separate window and histogram showing the value for a variable = EURJPY - 2...
Hi,  Do anyone know how to get a line object to have a behaviour like trailing stop. What I mean is a way to substitute the stop loss modified  with a line object and here this line should have to go in the market direction only, once price bounce back and hit this line then a close hill happen....
[Deleted]
Good day. I have designed an EA where I use the cross of 2 indicators (one is an iCustom, the other just an iMA) to generate trading signals. I want to use the data generated by the iCustom indicator as the applied_price in the iMA. Problem is that the iMA, when I use the icustom generated data as...
after moving the chart a bit to forward:
Hi guys, I want to get 5M-Charts of the monthly Nonfarm Payrolls from the last years, for example since 2002 would be very helpful. I need this for becktesting a strategy, and I don't know where I can find this data. My Metatrader 4 history center just have historycal data since end of 2012. So can...
  Synthetic tick  (2)
How can I create a synthetic tick for processing between the regulary tick from data feeds of the broker? I want to trigger the function start() even if no tick is present! What is the solution? Thanks!
[Deleted]
  invalid stops  (6)
hi , am trying to send an order from my EA using this statment int ticket= OrderSend ( Symbol (),OP_BUY, 1 ,Ask, 6 ,Ask- 25 * Point ,Ask+ 25 * Point , "My order #2" , 0 , 0 ,Green); if (ticket< 0 ) { Print ( "OrderSend failed with error #" ,ErrorDescription( GetLastError
I would like to hear (preferably from people who have drawn conclusions from their own experience) and maybe discuss promising methods for analysing financial markets (neural networks or cluster indicators for example - and why)
So wie es aussieht wird sich bei der neuen Version der MetaTrader Handelsplattform nicht viele Funktionen ändern und mann kann das Benutzerhandbuch MetaTrader 4 auch nahezu eins zu eins für MetaTrader 5 nutzen. Eine wesentliche Funktion der Handelsplattform MetaTrader 4 die es in der Version...
Hello, i have 2 EAs. EA "a" is attached to start and has an endless loop in init() and start() EA "b" is not attached to start.   No i recompile EA "b" and then EA "a" loop isn't called any longer. Last message in console is Initialized. This is only the case, if the chart has no ticks. If the chart...
Hello, I'm trying to write a code using iMA function however I'm very much confused when I start tracing the iMA values. The below code is supposed to calculate the short and long moving averages of current and one period before values of iMA ma1 is short period ma, ma2 is long period ma, ma1p is...
[Deleted]
Hi, I´m just starting in mql4 and this forum has been a great help for me, so has S. Kovalyov´s Book, which is priceless for someone who doesn´t know the first thing about this kind of coding. So, just want to share something I found out: there are some bugs in the book (some have already been...
Had some weird risk excess today: A trade of an EA opened with a risk ten times as large as usual. Turned out that FXCM gave 0.00001 for "Point" until March 06th and 0.0001 after that date. Logging shows (right now): 2013.03.08 02:08:26    MyEA EURUSD,M1: Point      : 0.00010000 and before: 20:37:00...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I've managed to find a huge amount of information in the forum without having to register and post, just by using the search function. Unfortunately, i either ran out of luck or what i'm looking for doesn't exist. Is there a function or variable that will return the name of EA? For...
[Deleted]
for(i=OrdersTotal()-1; i >=0 ; i--)                     {if(OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==true)                                                 {if ((OrderType() == ((OP_BUYSTOP) ||(OP_SELLSTOP))))                        OrderDelete(OrderTicket());...
[Deleted]
If is possible programatically (via indicator or EA) change symbol chart on actual graph when is running the indicatot or EA? I found https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/119595 - How Do You Programmatically Open A New Chart - but this solution open next new chart.  I want change symbol in the same window...
[Deleted]
  is my understanding wrong?  (13   1 2)
I wanted to code something that, at the start of the current timeframe candle, the EA will check say, the trend. Then later on, at every tick it will check something else.  I tried to use the below format   int start(){                   if (Time0 == Time[0]) return(0);                    Time0 =...
Hi all, I manually opened a sell order on USDCAD, size 0.10, order ticket 162078588. I wrote a simple expert that I attached on the USDCAD graph. int start()   {     OrderClose(162078588,OrderLots(),Ask,NULL,PaleGoldenrod) ;                   } The expert does not close the order. In the Journal tab...