MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 929

[Deleted]
Good day. I have designed an EA where I use the cross of 2 indicators (one is an iCustom, the other just an iMA) to generate trading signals. I want to use the data generated by the iCustom indicator as the applied_price in the iMA. Problem is that the iMA, when I use the icustom generated data as...
after moving the chart a bit to forward:
Hi guys, I want to get 5M-Charts of the monthly Nonfarm Payrolls from the last years, for example since 2002 would be very helpful. I need this for becktesting a strategy, and I don't know where I can find this data. My Metatrader 4 history center just have historycal data since end of 2012. So can...
  Synthetic tick  (2)
How can I create a synthetic tick for processing between the regulary tick from data feeds of the broker? I want to trigger the function start() even if no tick is present! What is the solution? Thanks!
[Deleted]
  invalid stops  (6)
hi , am trying to send an order from my EA using this statment int ticket= OrderSend ( Symbol (),OP_BUY, 1 ,Ask, 6 ,Ask- 25 * Point ,Ask+ 25 * Point , "My order #2" , 0 , 0 ,Green); if (ticket< 0 ) { Print ( "OrderSend failed with error #" ,ErrorDescription( GetLastError
I would like to hear (preferably from people who have drawn conclusions from their own experience) and maybe discuss promising methods for analysing financial markets (neural networks or cluster indicators for example - and why)
So wie es aussieht wird sich bei der neuen Version der MetaTrader Handelsplattform nicht viele Funktionen ändern und mann kann das Benutzerhandbuch MetaTrader 4 auch nahezu eins zu eins für MetaTrader 5 nutzen. Eine wesentliche Funktion der Handelsplattform MetaTrader 4 die es in der Version...
Hello, i have 2 EAs. EA "a" is attached to start and has an endless loop in init() and start() EA "b" is not attached to start.   No i recompile EA "b" and then EA "a" loop isn't called any longer. Last message in console is Initialized. This is only the case, if the chart has no ticks. If the chart...
Hello, I'm trying to write a code using iMA function however I'm very much confused when I start tracing the iMA values. The below code is supposed to calculate the short and long moving averages of current and one period before values of iMA ma1 is short period ma, ma2 is long period ma, ma1p is...
[Deleted]
Hi, I´m just starting in mql4 and this forum has been a great help for me, so has S. Kovalyov´s Book, which is priceless for someone who doesn´t know the first thing about this kind of coding. So, just want to share something I found out: there are some bugs in the book (some have already been...
Had some weird risk excess today: A trade of an EA opened with a risk ten times as large as usual. Turned out that FXCM gave 0.00001 for "Point" until March 06th and 0.0001 after that date. Logging shows (right now): 2013.03.08 02:08:26    MyEA EURUSD,M1: Point      : 0.00010000 and before: 20:37:00...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I've managed to find a huge amount of information in the forum without having to register and post, just by using the search function. Unfortunately, i either ran out of luck or what i'm looking for doesn't exist. Is there a function or variable that will return the name of EA? For...
[Deleted]
for(i=OrdersTotal()-1; i >=0 ; i--)                     {if(OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==true)                                                 {if ((OrderType() == ((OP_BUYSTOP) ||(OP_SELLSTOP))))                        OrderDelete(OrderTicket());...
[Deleted]
If is possible programatically (via indicator or EA) change symbol chart on actual graph when is running the indicatot or EA? I found https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/119595 - How Do You Programmatically Open A New Chart - but this solution open next new chart.  I want change symbol in the same window...
[Deleted]
  is my understanding wrong?  (13   1 2)
I wanted to code something that, at the start of the current timeframe candle, the EA will check say, the trend. Then later on, at every tick it will check something else.  I tried to use the below format   int start(){                   if (Time0 == Time[0]) return(0);                    Time0 =...
Hi all, I manually opened a sell order on USDCAD, size 0.10, order ticket 162078588. I wrote a simple expert that I attached on the USDCAD graph. int start()   {     OrderClose(162078588,OrderLots(),Ask,NULL,PaleGoldenrod) ;                   } The expert does not close the order. In the Journal tab...
The code is as below: if(Close[0]>=1.3096) OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,2,Bid,3,Bid-7*Point,0,0,0,0,Red); if(Close[0]<=1.3089) OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,0.5,Ask,3,Ask-5*Point,Ask+2*Point,0,0,0,Green);   I want made EA which will send new order to  buy "2" lots when the price reaches 1...
Hi I wanted to know if anyone has ever seen the above error. I have been seeing it for the past 3 days on MT4 build 479 but the broker offering MT4 (MBtrading) said to try here first as they dont help with MT4 issues. I was only able to get a picture with my phone because each time when i click MT4
Its code is very simple and is below: if ( OrdersTotal ()== 0 ) { Print ( OrderSend ( Symbol (),OP_BUY, 0.5 ,Ask, 3 ,Bid- 7 * Point ,Ask+ 20 * Point , "OP_BUY" , 0 , 0 ,Red)); Print ( GetLastError ()); } the code means send order one time . I have attached it on the chart some time and
[Deleted]
Hi guys, i have an larger Customindicator with more than 20 Variables. And now i want my EA to get Access to the value of this custom indicator by using Value = iCustom(NULL,0,"Trendrichtung",true,true,true,true,true,true,true,5,20,5,2,10,20,50,5,2.0,0.5,0.5,2.0,1.0,2.0,0,0); Is there an easier way...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, i wrote this code in an indicator to show the value of the array and an moving average on this but the chart does only show the array not the MA. What is wrong with that? #property indicator_buffers 2 // Number of buffers #property indicator_color1 Blue // Color of the 1st line
1. I get the arrayX by the function--ArrayCopyRates();    and then execute functions of  "ArrayGetAsSeries(arrayX)" and "ArrayIsSeries(arrayX)" as order.    but the return of the former is 1 and that of latter is 0. why? 2.  how can get the maximum or minimum open price for the arrayX? 3. how can i...
[Deleted]
Can someone help me to prevent a trade that has closed from re-opening in the same direction? I have seen code that allows only one trade per bar but I just need it to stop trading in the same direction. This is the code I have but it stops all repeat trades    //if order closed on a bar prevent...
[Deleted]
My broker has sent me a link to their new MT4 application download. How can I transfer my personal custom settings from my previous install to the new one, like my adjusted indicators, profiles and templates so I don't have to redo all that again? Thanks
Hi All, I came across this Fisher indicator recently, however it does not work like a typical indicator. When I add it to a chart, it looks different as from the backtest. Any idea how to get them to line up properly and how to call this indicator properly in iCustom? The funny thing about this...
Hi, anybody here with a hint or - even better - a solution? I start via TickDataSuite the terminal.exe. It normally starts and and logs in. But if I start a visual back-test  all crashes with this Windows-message: Problem signature:   Problem Event Name:    BEX   Application Name:    terminal.exe...
Dear all   I wrote an indicator to look for following condition:   If price is within ibands(deviation 1, upper) and ibands(deviation 1, lower)  for 2 timeframes, give me a "1" result.   However, it doesn't work when I put it on GBPUSD H1 chart.  Can anybody tell me how to fix it?   Thanks a lot!...
Is it possible to specify the start and end time of the bars shown in the chart? and how? waiing online for the answer. thanks. 
Nowhere in my EA code I ask for a Symbol name. But see the output. How is it possible?
[Deleted]
Hi, can i attach 8 different EA of different strategies to a single account trading the same currency pair  what can be problems in doing so?