Technical analysis. Truth or fiction? - page 9

Peter_Zabriski:

(inaudible) You fool. Sologub - the silver age - died a long time ago. I'm still...

And you just recently.

===

I know I'm a fool, too...
Long summer, if anything.

moskitman:

And you just recently.

===

I know I'm a fool, too...
Long summer, if anything.

What's the matter with you? Did I bury myself? Well, yeah, long years. That'd be nice.

In my opinion, TA in its classical sense is just auxiliary information. It's not the performance of the analysis that matters, it's how we use it. In its pure form it is a sure loser. I've done a simple experiment: I wrote several Expert Advisors using classical indicators, MA, RSI, CCI, MA separately and in different combinations. Not good, in general, they fail. Then a "brilliant idea" came into my mind - I reversed some deals: buy on the profit side, TP on the SL. And I was surprised to discover that the effectiveness in the long run has not changed. And imho, the use of EAs without taking into account a competent analysis of the fundamentals, which is the dream of many one-day traders, will inevitably lead to a loss. It is not indicators themselves that are important, but how we use them, the line of market behavior in conditions of profit, in conditions of loss of different size and speed. So the market has been for financiers and not for programmers, and so it remains

Usual_Trader:

In my opinion, TA in its classical sense is just auxiliary information. It's not the performance of the analysis that matters, it's how we use it. In its pure form it is a sure loser. I've done a simple experiment: I wrote several Expert Advisors using classical indicators, MA, RSI, CCI, MA separately and in different combinations. Not good, in general, they fail. Then a "brilliant idea" came into my mind - I reversed some deals: buy on the profit side, TP on the SL. And I was surprised to discover that the effectiveness in the long run has not changed. And imho, the use of EAs without taking into account a competent analysis of the fundamentals, which is the dream of many one-day traders, will inevitably lead to a loss. It is not indicators themselves that are important, but how we use them, the line of market behavior in conditions of profit, in conditions of loss of different size and speed. So the market has been for financiers and not for programmers, and so it remains

I do not believe it. Give me your EA.

paukas:

I don't. Give me your advisor.

Don't believe in what?

Usual_Trader:

don't believe in what?

Not in what, but in you.

paukas:

Not into what, but into you.

I don't set out to necessarily bend to my point of view. Years have taught me that it is absolutely not necessary)

But, again, imho, it is the sheer number of EAs using well known and newly advertised methods that leads to TA not working in its classic form

Usual_Trader:

I'm not trying to necessarily bend you to my point of view. Years have taught me that it is absolutely not necessary.)

But, again, imho, it is the sheer number of EAs using well-known and newly advertised methods that leads to TA not working in its classic form.

You see, you didn't write any Expert Advisor. Most likely you've taken one of the "great many".

And they have nothing to do with ta.

paukas:

You see, you haven't written any Expert Advisor. Most likely, you have taken some "huge quantity" merger.

I came to µl from assembly language for microcontrollers. So I have experience with algorithmic languages - up to, as a simple example, implementing multiplication-separation algorithms by the simplest operations available for simple processors of classical RISC architecture.

But you have drawn a strange conclusion. Like a prelude to declaring Chernomorsk a free city)

Usual_Trader:

But you have drawn a strange conclusion.

Yes, a strange one. And strangest of all, it's the right one.
Reason: