MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 938

Hi, could you tell me how strategy tester calculates profit?.   Regards, Vince. 
[Deleted]
hello coders    I'm new to mql4 programming , currently I'm creating a EA with Gann HiLo - Indicator , i need get a value using icustom , i tried Ga_status = (iCustom(NULL,0,"gannforspot",0,3,0));, but i getting wrong values can you help me with that , i need what is current color in the indicator...
[Deleted]
Hello guys, I would like to know why I'm missing data from 13/01/2012 to 04/09/2012 in mt4. Is there a way to fix this? I have downloaded more times the historical data without positive results. thanks GC
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                    MyFirstEA.mq4 |//|                                  //|                                      //+------------------------------------------------------------------+#property...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, i was wondering because in Alert functions all numbers are rounded to 4 digits even if the pair has 5 digits. How can i receive the whole number unrounded? Thx
[Deleted]
Hello, i tried to build an indicator in a separate windows that shows two lines. First the ADX indicator and second a moving average of this indicator. As a result i get a correct ADX line but the Moving Average line is always zero. Where is the failure/error in the code? // Indicator // Berechnung
[Deleted]
  fail to compile  (3)
where were my problems ?  #include <stdlib.mqh> /* External variables*/extern double EquityPercent;extern double StopLoss;extern double TakeProfit;extern int Slippage;extern int MagicNumber;extern bool CheckOncePerBar = true;/*Global*/ int BuyTicket;int SellTicket;double UsePoint;int...
Good afternoon to all. After optimizing an EA, we often have to nerd out-of-sample more than a dozen sets of parameters suggested by the optimizer. I have an idea of optimizing Expert Advisors outside the sample. Suppose we "charged" the Expert Advisor with optimization by a number of parameters
  Can Metatrader capture mouse clicks and pass those values into an indicator - similar to the Andrew's Pitchfork.    Someone suggested that WindowPriceOnDropped &  WindowTimeOnDropped may be an answer.   Thank you for your help.   
[Deleted]
Hello Everybody! Been using mql4.com for a while now and have finally signed up! Everything about this site has been great and I could not have gotten this far with making EAs without it. So I can't seem to find a concrete answer anywhere for a particular problem and apologies if its been asked...
I need a single moving average ea that trades micro lots, thanks
[Deleted]
I'm new to programming with MT4 and was wondering how I could cancel a pending order if its not filled by the end of a candle? I'm on an ECN broker so it can't be placed in the OrderSend function. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Ok. Here is problem. Just got home and see this stranger fail on my EA which make me didn't take 30 pips profit.   My EA return the order fail to open because of 130 error. yes, I know 130 error is invalid stoploss. I'm not sure why it is invalid. I set a buy order and the stoploss is lower than...
Hi all, sorry if the thread is not for here. I'd like to ask what program language is the closest to MQL4 and MQL5, because I am also planing to learn Java, or C, or something like that, and I'd like to know which one is closest to MQL4 and 5 >I copied the thread from MQL5 forum, because I think...
This is my first EA, but after a long time spent searching for an error I could't find anything. If you can help me find it i'll be forever grateful. The compiler gives me errors like: '=' - Illegal Assignment Used  '0' - Unexpected Token '&&' - Assignment expected  Please help Thank You  //EXTERN...
[Deleted]
  ATR equal zero  (4)
Hi Guys, ATR calculated for a shift bigger than about 8500 bars always results in zero. Do you have any ideas why and how to solve it? wrote this code to check it: int start() { int i; while (i < 10000 ) { double ATR = iATR ( Symbol (), 60 , 10 ,i); if (ATR == 0 ) { Alert ( Symbol (), " "
when test an ea ,a very large log was written ,so the testor become very slowly ,it always write the same useless message like XXXX load sussesfuly ,XXXX removed , the memory is full ,and cannot load the history data
I know alerts are a popular question and I have read how to do an alert and faithfully followed an example that seemed a good fit for what I seek to do with an indicator I am working on. I have lines that "cross" and assign a value 1 to a "Long" cross and -1 for a "Short" cross.  My alert correctly...
im new to this site and want to ask a few questions as there is nothing for beginners here. *can signals be seen on my trading platform ? or are signals only seen on this site? *is there a way to automatically copy someone offering a signal without having to set up the trades myself? I appreciate
I am looking for a way to close ALL open orders rather than just the current code I have which closes just 1 order: void IfOrderExists86(){    bool exists = false;    for (int i=OrdersTotal()-1; i >= 0; i--)    if (OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES))    {        if (OrderType() == OP_SELL...
Hi Anyone know if it is possible to remove an indicator programmatically from a chart. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/115967 shows how to attach and indicator, script or ea void StartCustomIndicator(int hWnd, string IndicatorName, bool AutomaticallyAcceptDefaults = false){   int MessageNumber =...
Hi i ve got the following code that scans the bars on a chart from right to left. What it does is to get the bar from the current TF i m looking at and get down to M1 timeframe and scan the bars there. Eg if were looking at the H1 timeframe then the loop will get each H1 bar and get down to M1
[Deleted]
  Close 2 Trades  (2)
Hi guys, i have to trades open with the same Symbol, Comment, Trading direction and i'm trying to close both but it only works once. The second trade is still open. Is there anything wrong? int closeTrade(string TD)  {   for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++)     {      if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS...
I want to setup an e-mail setting in my metatrade4. I have setted it up but could not receive an e-mail. When i contacted the customer support they told me that they only support outgoing messages with port 25. So i need if is there any one knows any generic e-mail that with port 25. Regards Shehab 
  Algorithm/Timeframes problem  (11   1 2)
Hi i ve got the following algorithm. what i m trying to do is to check 1M TF from a higher TF. while (i>= 0 ) // i is the standard IndicatorCounted() { log ( "while i is :" +i); for (j= 0 ;j< Period ();j++) { candles_look=i* Period ()+j ;
Hi Coders, assuming I get hold of an object which happepns to be of type trendline and I want to iterte through its price values; as trendlines usually do, this one also leaves the screen area at some back time point. Naturally what comes to mind is - before I start the price values iteration I
[Deleted]
1)  I noticed that some automated trades are not initiated.  Is there a way to code the EA to try the trade again or do a market order getting the best possible price? 2)  Is there a way to code the EA to set a variable to the close of a certain time of day? Thanks!
HI All I have a major problem with charts freezing as I switch from one pair to another in the same profile. The new chart window opens and the old chart starts to build a minimized window but freezes and all other processes stop. I can open a second chart fine but when I go to switch  to...
I have to recognize , in this case, a long trade has been opened when a pending OP_BUYSTOP has been hit. It returns it to a variable nlongs.  If nlongs is >0 and the price has moved x pips, the stop loss is moved to break even. int GetLongsNumber(){   int n = 0;   for(int x = 0; x < OrdersTotal();...
Hi, I was running backtest on EURUSD and noticed that there is no data between 2012.1.13 thru 2012.12.04. So I went to history folder and deleted all downloaded files and then redownloaded all data for EURUSD from "History Center". Looking at the journal, I noticed that download stopped during Jan...