Indicators installing

Hi,

I'm new here and I want to know how to install indicators provided here in MT4-625

I tried copy and paste them in "indicators" folder but they not worked

Thank you

This question has been asked and answered thousands of times in various forums.

It would be a really good idea if you contacted your broker and asked the question.

I am sure that if enough clients bugged their brokers with this question, they might actually email clear instructions to all of their clients.

I am sorry to be blunt, but you have to realise that some people will get bored with answering the same question over an over again.

idjimid:

Hi,

I'm new here and I want to know how to install indicators provided here in MT4-625

I tried copy and paste them in "indicators" folder but they not worked

Thank you

The latest version of MetaTrader 4 now saves your expert advisors and indicators in a different location on your computer. If you do not see your EAs and indicators in the navigator folder, your MT4 files are most likely still saved in the old folder location and are not recognized by the new version.

Where should I save my Indicators and EAs?

Your indicators are EAs should be now saved into your data folder, which changes according to the Windows release you are using. Metaquotes has solved this problem in a very elegant way.

Open MT4 > click on File > Open Data Folder > then double click the MQL4 folder. This will show you where your experts and indicators should be saved on your computer.

Where should I save my custom indicators?

To save a custom indicator, Open MT4 > click on File > Open Data Folder, and copy the indicator file into MQL4/Indicators. You should copy your old indicators from their old location to this folder.

Where should I save my expert advisors?

To save an expert advisor, Open MT4 > click on File > Open Data Folder, and copy the indicator file into MQL4/Experts. You should copy your old experts from their old location to this folder.

How can I restore my old indicators and expert advisors?

To restore your old indicators, move all files from C:/Program Files/MetaTrader/Experts/Indicators to {File > Open Data Folder}/MQL4/Indicators.

To restore your old expert advisors, move all files from C:/Program Files/MetaTrader/Experts to {File > Open Data Folder}/MQL4/Experts.

If you are stil using Windows XP, your data folder will still be C:/Program Files/MetaTrader/MQL4

Reason: