MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 671

Can someone please share code to change profiles in MT4 via an EA?
I have an indicator that draws lines using a buffer and continues to draw lines until price blocks it then it stops drawing, but I would like to select the line when price touches the drawn lines so that I can delete it or keep based on why I need the line. what would be the best way to do that?...
If I offer an EA or Indicator, how can it be programmed to only work for a certain broker. I am looking at creating an application for a broker.
  grabweb  (3)
Hi,  This is 2 weeks I am encountering a problem using grabweb for downloading calendar data. In fact, it is running OK (I checked all return coded) but it download the page from 2 weeks ago. This is a very recent problem as this functionality is running for months with no problem. It's like...
[Deleted]
  Simple EA tester  (7)
Anyone can help me? here is a very simple EA.It should open a sell order when the difference between two consecutive ticks is bigger than 10 point.the second tick must be minor than the first. the compiler don't give me any errors but when I run it on the tester it doesn't give me any result.the EA...
[Deleted]
I modified an indicator to add email alerts. However, when the alert is triggered, it sends me repeated messages. How do I modify the code so that the alert is sent to my phone once? Here is the code: #property indicator_separate_window#property indicator_minimum 0#property indicator_maximum...
[Deleted]
hi, i am trying to test about simple one.   my chart is EURUSD now, in my ea, Comment("EURUSD Bid : ",Bid,"  EURUSD Ask : ",Ask) so i can get Bid, Ask value,   how to make this one in EURUSD chart.... Comment("Bid : USDCHF",I dont know how to ??,"  USDCHF : ",I dont know how to ??);    too...
[Deleted]
hi,  I make few E.A.  and upload my private site   i made this ea for fxpro. i dont know its woriking or not others.... i dont want my ea make error others system.  so i wana some coding .... for just fxpro..   is it possible ?   help me, plz ~    
[Deleted]
Hello, I changed a code for a best display : continuous thick line and color change when changing direction. But when rendering , you can see the holes in the plot lines as seen from the attached chart. I can't find the solution.  The code :...
[Deleted]
Hi guys ! I am currently backtesting an EA and I have a problem with the quantity of trades . I can't seem to find a solution to that, anyone who know what it is ? :) (SAME parameters, SAME product) ¨:  backtest for month of february (20 days)  : 23 trades.   Backtest for only february 18th (ONE...
Dear Sir/Madam,   When I try to modify one digit of order Price or Take Profit,  then the whole number change. Please refer to the following screen.   Also please refer to my suggestions       https://forum.mql4.com/66879.   Regards Dolemi   
Is there a way to get the start date of the fxt-tester-file? If I start a backtest I see in the journal:  2015.02.22 21:02:00.775 TestGenerator: symbol EURUSD period 1 model 0 from 2011.11.06 to 2015.02.06 Is there a way to check in OnInit() whether the start-date of the EA (Time[0]) is too close to...
1)    Add two Text Edit Fields to Order Screen, Dollar amounts of Take Profit and Stop Loss            It will be very nice and easy to operate if we can set Take Profit and Stop Loss in dollars. 2)    If it can remember Take Profit and Stop Loss for each symbol, it will be very easy to use. 3)...
[Deleted]
Hi all I m new to MQL4, other than using OrderComment() function to read back the comment,is there a way to modify or change the existing order comment ? Please advice Thanks Tom
I'm getting the above error from my EA. But I have set 'Allow live trading' in the properties. Could this be because it's a demo account? There's also a smiley in the top right corner only he's not smiling. This is leaving me confused, any help would be appreciated. Thanks   
[Deleted]
Maybe someone can help me with the following problem. I'm working on a expert advisor now yesterday it was working around the publication of the minutes of FED. The expert advisor did trade however it traded not profitable, because it closed the position very quick(as per EA). But now I'm back...
Hello All, Below is a H1 NZDUSD chart showing the Buy signals (Green Arrows) generated from my EA. Looking for suggestions for trade entry. Have tried BuyLimit on Candle 1, with limited success.  Blue line is 20 period SMA; Red line is 60 period SMA; Brown line is 200 period SMA. Have working code...
I want to know which programming is better for transitioninto MQL 4 territory – VB, C# or C++? I have a hobby for programming and I have some time and don’tknow which language to choose with the goal to transition toward MQL? Thanks in advance.
Dear Community I have a question regarding backtesting. Sometimes there are green Volume Bars below the equity curve when I backtest a strategy, and sometimes there are no volume bars. So it depends on the strategy I'm backtesting. Can somebody tell me what the volume bars are? Do my strategy has...
This has surfaced while working these days. It seems that, regardless that an order is active or closed (we tried only with market orders), both modes OrderSelect(), MODE_TRADES and MODE_HISTORY, will return true. If an order never existed, both will return correctly, false. Test it yourself: launch...
[Deleted]
Can't install MT4 in Windows XP. Log   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?> <DATABASE> <EXE NAME="teletrade4setup.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">     <MATCHING_FILE NAME="teletrade4setup.exe" SIZE="454752" CHECKSUM="0xC8A50C3B" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.0.0.1026" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.0.0.1026"...
[Deleted]
I've opened a demo account with TradeMasterFX broker on MT4 platform. I also installed MT4 application to my Galaxy S2 cellphone and started to use MT4 both on my cellphone and my PC. I forgot my password and now can't open MT4 on my PC. But still using MT4 on my cellphone. It's not easy that way....
I created a test indicator which draws a Label Object with "Arial" font name and a font size of 10. I tested the same code on four different computer/Windows 7s. The strange thing is that the size of the text of the label on one of the computers is (much) larger than the rest (the text looks the...
I'll try to combine min bar size and max wick size in one condtion but it wont work, each condition working only seperated ... How to use it both together like below? bool BuyBarSize=false;if (Close[1] > Open[1] && (High[1]-Low[1]) >= MinPipSize*point && (Open[1]-Low[1]) <= MaxWickSize*point)...
  Code Problem  (11   1 2)
Hello All, With these two order open orders: int BuyTicketOrder = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,LotSize,Buy_Price,3,Buy_Price-(StopLoss*pips),Buy_Price+(TakeProfit*pips),NULL,MagicNumber,0,Green); int BuyTicketOrder_TP = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,0.02,Buy_Price,3,Buy_Price-(TP_SL*pips)...
When in login with my account (let’s say"John") on in the MT4 website (https://www.mql5.com/go?link=https://www.mql4.com/)I give a password I land on the MLQ4 site. So far so good. The next click on for instance on “BLOGS”or “CODEBASE” brings me unquestioned on the MLQ5 website - where I don't...
I'm just starting to learn coding in MQL4 and have a question to someone with much more experiences in that matter.Thus, in this part of the script below ... OnTick() - function ...I would like to disable any new orders as well as modification of already existing orders ...whenever the spread is...
[Deleted]
Hi All, Apologies if this is a silly query, I'm still a bit of a newbie. I have coded-up a simple strategy that uses the crossing of MAs to signal a buy/sell signal. I have utilised a lot of the concepts seen in the MACD Sample file that comes with metatrader. My MA variables are defined as follows:...
I dont think this is possible but: Can you add lines, say at the beggining or the end of Oninit function, via includes? Meaning: You have an EA with an include named <include.mqh>. Is it possible that inside the code of the include file modify the Oninit function of the EA? Thank you This forum is...
Dear Forum: Im creating a martingale EA, using objects, so when you change timeframe, for example, OnDeiNit() function is called, but I have "delete object" in that part of the code. So Is there a way to block the user the ability to perform that actions? Changing timeframe, charts, etc.... Thank...