help needed for SymbolInfoTick

Hi, I'm new to this forum and mql4. I'm working on my first EA project that handles real-time symbol data using

SymbolInfoTick(). So far so good, it works fine on MqlTick.ask and .bid data, but not on .last and .volume, they are always =0.

I'm running on the downloaded MT4 demo account, Win7. Checked with EURUSD and US100 symbols.

What shall I do to get these data as well? They should be available, since I can put them on the chart, at least volume.

Any help is appretiated! Thanks, Orsen

I also realized that the chart and SymbolInfoTick() give slightly different data. On chart I can see such one minute low values which

are lower than SymbolInfoTick() ever returned. I call SymbolInfoTick() inside a loop which uses sleep(10). Shall I use sleep(1) for

higher resolution? 

orsendorsen:

Hi, I'm new to this forum and mql4. I'm working on my first EA project that handles real-time symbol data using

SymbolInfoTick(). So far so good, it works fine on MqlTick.ask and .bid data, but not on .last and .volume, they are always =0.

I'm running on the downloaded MT4 demo account, Win7. Checked with EURUSD and US100 symbols.

What shall I do to get these data as well? They should be available, since I can put them on the chart, at least volume.

Any help is appretiated! Thanks, Orsen

last and volume will always be 0, they are not available for MT4.
Reason: