Download MetaTrader 5

MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1188

To post a new topic, please log in or register
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with William Boatright (wackena) has been published. William Boatright (wackena) is in the Forex market since last year. Before this he had been trading in thestock exchange for about 10 years. Now William is successfully using...
I'm trying to get the price of Daily Open by a custom indicator ...... I try to use his code but i cannot get where the code should i use. I want to create an EA but I need the Daily Open price for a broker. i need your help to help me how to find the daily open price . I include the indicator
I have two indicators on a chart, they both but arrows on the chart. How can I capturein an EA when the indicator has placed and arrow on the chart? I want to also determineif the arrow is an up arrow or a down arrow. Is there a better way to approachthis? Let's say that the indicators are MACD and...
in mql4 can not devide a/b if a<b for example you can't claculate 1/1.4322 what can i do ?
extern double whui; OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,Lots,whui+50*Point,0,whui-50*Point,whui+100*Point,"Miara",0,0,CLR_NONE); when I start my Expert Advisors , I got error number 103 . I check it . It saidit was Stop level... but i think i make the Buy Stop the right one. Please help me ASAP tq
  Thanks
Thanks for everybodys help we now have a programmer! your alls help was great!!! Rodger
Hello,  I am trying to draw an indicator when MACD turns direction from up to down. Per my reasoning, at the start of a new bar, if MACD at bar[1] is less than the MACD[2] and MACD[2] is greater than MACD[3], indicator should draw above the the current new bar. However the indicator draws above the...
Dear Friends Would you please help me to add ATR indicator to RSI window. I want to have themin the same window. Thanks Mehdi
Please get a hold of me! we will pay $$ Rodger, rodhillmail-trader@yahoo.com yahoo IM: enhancerh Skype: star1948
I cannot place orders and keep getting this message. Does anyone know why? It was ok yesterday! thanks for any help
i can trade:(when i try to open a position appears message `trede is disabled` what can i do? and another proble...how can i syncronize the clock? i`m a beggines so please be patient. good luck. eddy
When i began testing wih MT4, I mistake bid for ask at a long position, but i useda slippage of 100, just for securing the success of the opening-process. Anyhow i got the 129-Error (Invalid price) ! After exchanging bid with ask the EA worked well. The same problem is occurring...
  Data export (3)
Hello, Is there an option to export data from MT 4 without the header line and also toselect the format? Thanks -- Ron
i want someone to  explain to me in details how the strategy tester worksand how to optimize my EA using the strategy tester. i need step by step guideson optimization.
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Reporting the 9th Week of the Championship (26 November-2 December) has been published. 9 weeks have passed since the beginning of the contest. Theunconditional leaders seem to have already dug in their places, but the fight...
Hi I am new to MetaTrader. Even though I am logged on my chart is not updating. Thanks for any help.
This is the construct of a simple indicator: int limit; int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted(); //---- check for possible errors if(counted_bars<0) return(-1); //---- the last counted bar will be recounted if(counted_bars>0) counted_bars--; limit=Bars-counted_bars; //----...
hi Im not familiar with MQL4 but I try to learn it. I have the Chaikins VolatilityCode but Im unable to use it in my expert advisor. I just need if (Chaikin>0) { ....CODE } so here is the code from the chaikins indicator #property copyright "Kalenzo"#property link "bartlomiej.gorski@gmail...
I am surprised that such a good software has limited drawing tools. How can onedraw a simple line (not extended infinitely)? Why does the parallel traend line(channel) tool have predetermined width? How can you adjust width of 2 parallellines according to pattern? Can't the chart move up and down?...
  pivot for date (13   1 2)
hello all i need code help to get the pivot for date in history which i put it manual i make this code : extern int dd = 28; extern int mm = 11; extern int yy = 2007; ----------------------- double H2,L2,C2,Py; H2=iHigh("EURUSD",PERIOD_D1,2); L2=iLow(NULL,PERIOD_D1,2); C2=iClose(NULL,PERIOD_D1...
To display multiple lines of text on the chart like so: H(0): UP S(1,2,3): -15, -45, -69 R(1,2,3): 45, 70, 200 The c style carriage return "\r\n" works with message box, but not with ObjectSetText. The documentation doesspecify "a text line", so is the only way to do this to have a...
Hi, I will release another private EA, this is called Electra, we continue using Greek names. This EA is a Multi-pair medium/long term Swing Trader. This is a positive Equity System, it mean the the equity remain in the positive side most of the time.Don't be tempted of halt and close the trades in...
Hi, I want to have my EA to open similar trades in more than one account. Also if SL,TP is changed manually or by EA for a particular trade then it should be changedin all accounts. How is it possible? thanks Ali
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the Jury Session Record of the 30th of November 2007 has been published. At the session, the Jury discussed disqualification of severalParticipants. Eleven more Participants dropped out of the competition. The full text of the article was...
Hi, I am looking for someone to do the following coding for me for under $100: I have 5 different indicators which have the same shape, but not the same numericalvalues. I would like to have them combined into 1 indicator: add all 5 and dividing themby 5, after they have been switched around to the...
When I attach this code to a chart I get this messages: Uninit reason 1 Uninit reason 5 What does mean that? The code is only my learning lessons, I think ths code can be a good template,but that error messages........I don't know why. Bellow the full code....
  TDMA1
Can anyone tell me what TDMA1 is? Thanks
I found EA auto trade system often place selling order on bottom of a bar and closethe order on top of a bar, and in buying condition, it often place buying orderon top of a bar and close the order on bottom of a bar. Can It do the contrary:sell on a higher end and close on a lower end of a bar or...
Is this normal? I used an EA to open a position but it was exited when I detachedthe EA from the chart? Is this the normal behaviour? Thanks.
  I need help (1)
I have been trying to run the original scripts and EA of metaquotes provided in the MT4 platform, but they do not perform the expected actions. for example, the close script does not close any open position. why?how do i make it work if the problem is mine. i trying to study how the EA and the...