MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 667

hello guys. lately when i want to open metaeditor, i often got error on journal . meta editor not found    i have to click it 5 until 10 times  before the metaeditor turn on.     i use  additional monitor for my laptop. sometimes metaeditor  blink about 1 second on my 2nd monitor  then disappear...
In the following very simple code the Alert box does not show.  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?  #property copyright "Copyright 2015, MetaQuotes Software Corp." #property link      "https://www.mql5.com" #property version   "1.00" #property strict...
[Deleted]
I made a source for statistical calculations. It calculates well if I input 0-200 numbers, but If I input large numbers, it makes errors. I know that's because the source needs more digits than double. I want to use long-double value in MQL4. Is there any methods for use it?
[Deleted]
Hello, I tried close orders for multicurrency strategy (all open orders). I'm not sure can I use twice OrderClose() in the same function.  I tried used one, but didn't work either. Has anyone any suggestions, different point of view? Thank you. for (int z=OrdersTotal()-1;z>=0;z--) {               if...
  iMA issue  (15   1 2)
Hello All, I have an EA running on M5 TF. Start function is: int start()  {  if(IsNewCandle())      {      CheckForSMTrade();      if(OpenOrdersThisPair(Symbol())>=1)         {         MangageTrade();         if(UseMoveToBreakEven)MoveToBreakEven();         if(UseTrailingStop)AdjustTrail();...
[Deleted]
  Filled Rectangles in MT4  (44   1 2 3 4 5)
Hello lads, so i have been trying to get this to work via Meta Editor but i am no coder so as you might have guessed, i haven't been successful at all. Does anyone have any idea how to make it so that the rectangles in MT4 are filled with colour
[Deleted]
I am trying to implement the example found here:   https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/143616   But i'm getting the following errors:   'arrOHLCV' - undeclared identifier 'arrOHLCV' - parameter conversion not allowed   I though for the first error I need to  simply declare arrOHLCV in the global scope,...
[Deleted]
Hello - can anyone tell me what code I need to add to the Heiken Ashi indicator in order to print the HA candles on top/below the actual price bars in the chart window? I want to do this so I can get a better view of both the HA candles and the normal candlestick candles? I assume there is a way to...
Hello, I am attempting to write an EA which opens a trade using moving averages. I can get my EA to open trades but I cannot get it to close live trades. What is wrong with my code??? Here it is:  extern double    Lots=20; extern int       StopLoss=20; double    Ma1; extern int       Ma1Period=6;...
  "The 'perfect' trading system  (1452   1 2 3 4 5 ... 145 146)
Everyone knows that nothing in the world is perfect, but in solving a problem we strive for the ideal. But to get closer to it, we should describe it at least verbally and formalize it in the form of goals and ways to achieve them, otherwise we end up going there - without knowing where, looking for
  CUSTOM CANDLE  (6)
Hi experienced members, i'm looking for bull bull pattern.. in this previous candle and current candle both are bullish, but current candle engulf previous candle. I've tried to make it work  if ((C1>O1)&&(C>O)&&(C>=C1)&&(O>=O1)&& ((C-O)>=(C1-O1))) { if (Display_BULL_BULL == true) {...
[Deleted]
I am trying to install metatrader4 on laptop win7 internet connection is not bad , but the online installer is stopping after few megabytes   i tried many times .. tried also with metatrader5 and same result please tell me how to install thanks 
Hi There, I am havingan issue with arrays. I’m using this code as a part of my program     PreviousUpTick = CurrentUpTick;      CurrentUpTick = Ask;   PreviousDnTick = CurrentDnTick;      CurrentDnTick = Ask;      if (CurrentUpTick < PreviousUpTick )        DnTick[0]++;   if (CurrentDnTick >...
I have tick historical data, each ~15 GB, which is alot, and i wanted to import them into MT4,but for some reason it doesnt want to import it. The format of the tick database is: Timestamp,Bid price,Ask price,Bid volume,Ask volume 20120112 01:02:10:100,1.24233,1.24271,1.1,1.2 20120213 02:04:10:332,1...
Hi, I use NormalizeDouble function and sometimes don't work. I put a print screen below from my code in debug mode. This is an bug?      
How to buy products from Market area, while i tried which shows error. in fact i don't see "Market" tab on my mt4 terminal! using MT4 version 4.00 build 765 what could be the issue? see the image
[Deleted]
Hello, I have tick data in .csv format and I'd like to write a converter to mt4 format. Data contains of 4 columns: currency; date; buy price; sell price, e.g.   As far as I know mt4 data format looks like <TICKER>,<DTYYYYMMDD>,<TIME>,<OPEN>,<HIGH>,<LOW>,<CLOSE>,<VOL>.  So it's rather easy to...
Hi All, Hopefully someone can assist... I am doing an instructional video showing how to import historical 1-minute data into MT4 and get 90% quality back-test results. I use a GMT Broker (trading week starts Sunday 2200) and the third party data I am importing is also GMT - so a straight import -...
I am having problem to login to trade account for both live and demo account using Metatrader4 Fxunited Client terminal. The problem started last Monday, 09 March 2015 when i took off my laptop battery. Thereafter, I could not login using my old account number and password. Need your help, please....
Hi team, I am testing robot called Ilan1.6Dynamic1.mq4 when i tried to test it i found that this EA execute short orders only but not buy orders at all, Can you please help me and make it excute buy orders as well. I have attached the file to my topic. Regards, Shehab 
Hello guys,hope you are having a good day.I am trying co compare Previous OrderTotal with current Open OrderTotal in a EA.I decleared them as global int variable and set as zero.but when i am trying to print them i am getting SIX DIGIT number which is not possible.can anyone has explanation for that...
[Deleted]
i made some important analysis for my charts and i saved it in the csv format for my bad luck . i want to know how to open this files with metatrader and it didn't open this format what i can do to open this saved charts again ? any help
I have a script with two iMa (previous and actual (for example) into double var     double ima1 = iMA(Symbol(),useTimeFrame,MovingPeriod,MovingShift,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);    double ima2 = iMA(Symbol(),useTimeFrame,MovingPeriod,MovingShift,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);     both are equal values:  1...
  BUG IN MT4  (3)
Indicator are inside the folder and the editor, but don't show up in the terminal the folder : In the editor : In the terminal :
Before considering any MQL4 code, does the terminal store the max equity? I am baffled how Myfxbook manages to populate my draw-down in a matter of seconds on historical trades relatively precisely when I never had the myfxbook EA attached on the chart at the time of trading?   Cheers. 
Does anyone know of any good accounting software to keep track of your multiple MT4 Accounts? I want a service just like myfxbook provides but I don't want to use them. Its for internal only. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
[Deleted]
Hello,   I want to program an object (horizontal line) that I can move. It will be like a takeprofit, but instead of closing the trade, the trailing stop will start. I am able to program this part.   The problem is, I want the actual takeprofit generated automatically by the system on the chart(The...
I have some custom indis on my metatrader 4.  The characters are not appearing correctly.  I have been told that the wingding that should be 158 is appearing as something else.  This is the case with another character as well.  Any ideas how to correct this?  There are many others on the forum I...
Hi everybody! Recently I was developing a simple custom indicator that detects divergences based on Stochastic Oscillator. I wanted to test one divergence condition. The indicator inserted the first arrow, but the second one (given that there was a clearly VISIBLE divergence) doesn't get drawn.  If...
Is there a simpler way to reset a string array than to loop through each individual reference? If I define that array i can write: static string sC[] = {"","","","","","","","","",""}; If I try to 'repeat' this later in the code:   ...  sC[] = {"","","","","","","","","",""}; I'll get an error and...