MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 674

This is just an example to demonstrate the ability of a MT4 Expert Advisor (non-scalping EA) to produce great results on the MT4 Strategy Tester. These results, with same MT4 EA and settings, are not producible on a forward Demo or Live Trading account.  Why? Lack of Strategy Tester to have full...
Deleted by the writer because of the forum rules. https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/360981
[Deleted]
  What's wrong with my code?  (15   1 2)
Dear all I have no idea why ma[] cannot show correct figures ( moving average of bar length). #property indicator_separate_window #property indicator_buffers 2 extern int range = 10 ; //--- indicator buffers double ma[], length[];
Hi there, I have a question regarding moving SL to BE in my EA. Could you please help me? I want to move to BE when price moves X pips in my favour. Here is part of my code: void TrailOrder(int type) { { if(type==OP_BUY) {
Hi, i started a few ago on  MT4. previous steps were a lot, the last one was to install MT4 platform under PlayOnLinux. All seemed to work correctly. Now i want to test some EA on the platform. It seems to be dedicated for that, using button "start' on lower rigth. But i receive only a strange...
  Simple Question  (7)
I use the Print Function alot but I have noticed that there is some kind of limit in the number of lines available. If there is a limit.. 1..What is it? 2..Can it be lengthened? Thanks in advance
Hi, Is it possible to change the values of "depth of market" on MT4? For example, the Bid Price is 108.365 and the "Buy Stop Values" of DOM starts from 108.366 so the furthest one is 108.386 (only 2 pips far from the actual value). Is it possible to change it? For example, to start the Buy Stop...
Hello, up to now I`ve only found codes that write in the main-chart OR in a seperate and new one. (#property indicator_chart_window) But it is often useful, to address both or more outputs with only one mathematics. Mainly because of the performance. Else I have to calculate the nearly same thing...
Hello, I want to return one whole structure by function. (simple include or class) I`ve seen that there is a way by casting the thing. https://docs.mql4.com/basis/types/casting#casting_structure Is there another way useable now in newer versions ? - May be like that (NOT WORKING !): struct...
[Deleted]
I've seen, in several places, ones using a Pivot Point Indicator that displays the pivot points for each day ( Period ) on a chart with labels and values at each support and resistance line.   I was wondering if someone could show me where to find this indicator.  Been looking around and haven't...
I made an indicator which shows the total risk of all running trades. I don't want to let it run and check all orders with every tick because this is not necessary and wastes processor time. Therefore I check if the number of open orders (OP_BUY and OP_SELL) have changed and only then I check all...
I add following code to display Spread in chart. but it show spread as whole number not as decimal. (ex: it show 0.2 spread as 2.0) how to correct this code?          {   ObjectCreate("Spread", OBJ_LABEL, 0, 0, 0);   ObjectSet("Spread", OBJPROP_CORNER, 3);   ObjectSet("Spread", OBJPROP_XDISTANCE,...
Hello there Im developing an EA, that needes to be able to trade x position for every side as maximun. To make it easier lets say X is = 1. Meaning Only one buy market or sell market order can be activated at the same time. Not more than one for every directiom. Ok then this EA use a lot of buy...
Hello, I have a profile with 40 charts and when I use it there is an indicator in each chart which makes a screenshot. The problem here is that there are sometimes two screenshots of one chart. These screenshots are a bit different. The second screenshot contains more current data. I think that the...
Hello guys, i tried this as its specified in the MQL4 Documentation at: docs.mql4.com/basis/variables/inputvariables but it's not showing the commentary in the parameters window as it should.. //--- input parameters input int InpMAPeriod= 13 ; // Smoothing period input int
Hello again, that tiny thing is playing games with me... I have reduced the code to the mimium in a special EA and I can reproduce the failure with that. I stack a ticke# in the code and when the system is going to trade the oposite direction, I tried to Close the order with the stacked number. Over
How do  draw a parallel line  https://www.mql5.com/en/charts/2986065/eurusd-m5-gkfx-fx-cfds 
Hello, I have a continued problem with the creation of screenshots in metatrader. There is no consistency to this problem that I can find.  The problem:  Screenshots are being created with 0 bytes (sometimes) I'm not sure how to solve this as there is no consistency.  I know people are going to ask...
New article Third Generation Neural Networks: Deep Networks has been published at mql5.com: This article is dedicated to a new and perspective direction in machine learning - deep learning or, to be precise, deep neural networks. This is a brief review of second generation neural networks, the...
Hey guys, is it somehow possible to place the indicator subwindow above the main chart window? 
[Deleted]
Information to all   Hi guys, I deal with now time optimalization mql code. I have found that preprocesor mql language test all boolean conditions even though the result is clear already after some condition. Example: When 5 conditions type boolean and your code is: if  ( cond1 & cond2 & cond3 &...
I have made an EA. However it does just first trade and then the time is halted (not the test but it does not move forward). I have been searching the mistake for very long time but found none. How it should work: First trade is closed by stoploss or takeprofit. If the first trade was buy and was...
I need a ea for mt4 terminal.simple ea,moving average base ea they have take profit, stop loss with equity growth option, please any expart help to create this ea. 
Hi, I have some sentiment data for currencies and commodities. The data is produced in hourly and daily format. I have created a widget that displays the sentiment and gives an idea of where price will move. I want to integrate this into MT4 and I dont know whether to use a Indicator, EA or app.  or...
extern double MaPeriod = 14;extern double MaShift = 0;//extern string MAMethodHelp="SMA=MODE_SMA;EMA=MODE_EMA;SMMA=MODE_SMMA;LWMA=MODE_LWMA";extern double MaMethod = MODE_SMA;//extern string MAAppliedHelp="PRICE_CLOSE;PRICE_OPEN;PRICE_HIGH;PRICE_LOW;PRICE_MEDIAN,PRICE_TYPICAL;PRICE_WEIGHTED";extern...
Hi, for a better overview I sorted my indicators in seperate folders. Now the EA can't find this indicators with iCustom Function, because he is searching direct in MQL4\indicators-path. What can I do?
Hi, I'm new to MQL I am working on an EA with a simple strategy trading on a certain price levels. My defined price levels are 00, 20, 50 and 80. So let's say in a EUR/USD pair if the last two to three bars closes at my trigger price level i.e. 1.30500 then I will execute a trade with a take profit...
[Deleted]
  Opening candle  (5)
Hey guys, I know it was her few times. I'm trying to get candle closing always in 60 seconds (at the end of bar). I know about MQL4 coding nothing. But I tried a lot of codes here for that but no success.  Probably because I don't know in which part of code source I should insert it.   Could someone...
Automatically loading .set files on OnInit()? Concerned when terminal crashes or restarts that the EA will not associate with the .set file required. Looking for it to automatically pull this file and use it on OnInit()?
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I have this problem: I have indicator which calculate some arithmetic operations. If change period on chart --> all aritmetic operations have to be make again. This very very slowing down and placing a burden on my pc. And some data is loss. My idea was - simply demonstrative mql code