MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 675

To post a new topic, please log in or register
New to MT4. Trying to set up my system. I want to add two moving average lines, one at 10 and one at 5. I have set the 10 to Red and the 5 to Yellow, but both display as grey lines, making it almost impossible to distinguish between them on the chart. All my other lines display in the correct...
Hi all, when an order is opened my expert writes a comment in the order. Can I avoid that the expert modifies the comment when half position is closed at target price? Thank you!
I need my slave EA to calculate the time difference between The master Time and Slave Time. If the difference is more than 10 min. then slave must return(0), Any feed back about the code please.
Hi, when I open my metatrader account and use the following functions on my ea: iTime(Symbol(), PERIOD_D1,0) or iBarShift(Symbol(), PERIOD_M1, TimeTemp,true) I get sometimes on the first call a different result as in the second call (on tick after). Does anybody realized the same? Should I call...
Hello, I need your help with code for “conditional order”. If you know where I can get it or if you can help me to build it, I really appreciate! Here is how it works: Assume that right now EU is 1.2610 1. If EU move to level X, I will place a Sell Stop (or Buy Stop) order at level Y (with a...
  Help with ordermodify (11   1 2)
Hi partners, i have one error to put SL and TP after trade opened. Correct is with ordermodify command right? follow my cod part with buy trade: ******************************* // Buy criteria if ( g_buy > 0 && lowA <= g_buy && ma2 > ma3) int openbuy=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,Slippage,0...
  MQLEditer4 file (11   1 2)
Hi folks, I have a strange thing in my MT4 Include folder. All the Include files are labelled "MQLEditer4.file" !! I have searched these threads and the web for information, to no avail. Do I have a problem or not? My MT4 seems to work OK. Also, I have 4 other copies of MT4 from different brokers...
  contact me (1)
detman68@yahoo.com needed one person to write code for sma cross over EA this will pull the pips out of the trened on any time fram. put in messaage from MQL$ I will only share this with one person. act now
I'm trying to have a custom indicator give me an Alert and also send me an email (Sendmail) when a criteria is met. The Alert is working. The SendMail is giving me errors. ')' wrong parameters count Is there some kind of different syntax between the two that I should be aware of?...
I recently placed the ADX indicator in an EA and then ran the tester program and then saved the indicator results into a text file. I then compared the text file values for the ADX indicator to the Data Window's values for this indicator. What I noted was that for bar 0 the valuation in the text...
If before call the functions,OrderSend() and OrderClose() the expert check in external database the value of Ask and Bid and if the price can be placed, for takeprofit and stoploss the same process will be done. What is the opnion of experts programmers ? sorry my bad english ...
I'm using Build 419. I started the Strategy Tester using the MT4 "MACD Sample" EA. When the chart appeared and the price line began to move, I Paused the test. I then placed a Buy order at the chart price of 1.29317 However, the resulting order in the Terminal window shows a price of 1.27771, not...
Hi need a help on programming it.I am not so good in MQL.So need your help.Thanks.its repaint & i need smoth cross line
Buenas. Busco un desarrollador de Mql4 para desarrollar una estrategia automatizada de tranding. Favor contacteme at> Mateo Martinez 809-472-1919 ext. 106 mmartinez@vdbursen.com.do
In backtesting I get the following error: ERR_LONGS__NOT_ALLOWED 4110 Longs are not allowed! OK, longs are not allowed (that part of the message is clear) but why? I haven't been able to find a solution by searching the forum. Who can help? Thanks in advance!
Dear all, For me to able to monitor the market, I want to have many charts open. I noticed when opening the charts, that the Terminal limits the amount of charts to a max of 128. Of course I just copied/programmed the way the charts should look (indicators...) in the profiles section of MetaTrader...
I'm dealing with integers and I want to get the result of my calculation as simple double value, below my simple code which using int i, xH and xH to get my double Buffer[], When I test it, suppose that at certain location (i-xL)=26 and (xH-xL)=7, The result is only 3 not 3.714! What should I do to...
I have downloaded several EAs; none has ever made a trade. I have the smiley face. What did I miss?
hi, i wrote an EA. when test, it just do few trade but don't go on. please anyone have a look at it and let me know the mistake? thanks.
A quick question for anyone interested in answering. 1) Have you sometimes got slippage in your favour? That is, you have on occasion got your order executed at a price more favourable than you asked for? (Yes or No) 2) How many slippage points or pips do you usually allow for in your orders? 3)...
One area that is not clear in the book or documentation is what the return codes should be from init(), deinit() and start() under the condition of success and failure? Should we always return 0 from these?
Lema_Carl
Doesn't that create an illusion of how the price is changing seeing as the window dimensions are the same?
My Broker doesn't support OrderCloseBy() and my current strategy adjusts its position size each bar. For example at 10am it may be +3 lots, at 11am it may be +4 lots and at 12noon it may be +2 lots. My problem is how to implement this as cleanly and cost effectively as possible. Based on the...
Lema_Carl
Hello, I'm trying to calculate the angle of a trend. I've tried using the price difference in points as the height of the triangle formed and the number of periods as the base then finding the tangent inverse but since the height and the base are fundamentally measured in different units i feel my...
Hello All, Plz! help me regarding to subject. Actually I want to compare current price with price before 100 seconds, to check price volatility. Thnx! in advance.
Hey guys, This is my first stab at trying to program an indicator - could someone please verify for me that it is doing what I think it should be doing? It is supposed to calculate the slope of price over X amount of periods(rise: difference in last close and close X periods ago divided by run:...
Hi need a help on programming it. I am not so good in MQL.I have lack of basic knowledge in here. So need your help. Thanks Here is my program please correct me where is am wrong. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
Lema_Carl
Can someone please show me how to find the inverse tangent of a value. Thanks in advance