How to use Fractals indicator to create EA? Seems no buffer value on Fractals indicator!

???

Support me?

The Bill Williams fractal indicator has 4 buffers in the data window, you need to use buffer 2 and 3

GumRai:
The Bill Williams fractal indicator has 4 buffers in the data window, you need to use buffer 2 and 3
I tried the Williams fractal indicator, where i dont get buffer values?

Sorry, I made an error, the Bill Williams fractal has 2 buffers shown in the date window

Fractal Up and Fractal Down.

Simple code

double val;
   int x;
   for(x=1;x<100;x++)
     {
     val=iFractals(Symbol(),0,MODE_UPPER,x);
     if(val>0)
       break;
     }
   Print("Shift=",x," value=",DoubleToStr(val,Digits));

Obviously, use MODE_LOWER for the down fractal 

GumRai:

Sorry, I made an error, the Bill Williams fractal has 2 buffers shown in the date window

Fractal Up and Fractal Down.

Simple code

Obviously, use MODE_LOWER for the down fractal 

Hi GumRaj,

Thanks for your support. but i try  to show fractal value on screen, but no results?

string temp = "Some Text\n";
    temp = temp + "------------------------------------------------\n"
    + "Some text " + DoubleToStr(iFractals(NULL, NULL,MODE_UPPER,1), Digits) + "\n"
    + "Some text " + DoubleToStr(iFractals(NULL, NULL,MODE_LOWER,1), Digits) + "\n"
    + "Some text " + DoubleToStr(0, 5) + "\n"
    + "Some text " + DoubleToStr(0, 5) + "\n"
    + "------------------------------------------------\n";
    Comment(temp);

iFractals(NULL, NULL,MODE_UPPER,1)
As fractals require 2 closed bars before drawing the fractal, bar 1 will never show a value

sheriffonline:

Hi GumRaj,

Thanks for your support. but i try  to show fractal value on screen, but no results?

Hi!

Checking (Meta Editor -> Help ->) MQL4 Reference, and Search(ing) for iFractals, then comparing your code with example in the 'book', you should find the answer. (think NULL != 0). Try this.

This is the first thing I do when solving coding issues.

Best regards,

Simon

S love nia

GumRai:
As fractals require 2 closed bars before drawing the fractal, bar 1 will never show a value
Thanks. got it to works.
Reason: