MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 516

Hello, I just started learning MQL language and I have a question, right now I have build a EA which is checking if all my different conditions to take a trade are met. When this happens then the order should be executed once. Right now if all conditions are met it openens a trade at that moment
I am trying to understand the meaning of zero value in back testing. When I run a back test I get a number of positive results a number of negative results and a large segment of 0 results. I wish somebody could explain why this is happening and what is the meaning of these 0 results. To make clear...
Now I'm using an indicator (MQL4) that count bars (timeframe 5 minutes) from the Top or Low within a range of x bars (in the example 215) with this formula: int lowbar = iLowest(Symbol(), PERIOD_M5, MODE_LOW,215,1); int highbar = iHighest(Symbol(), PERIOD_M5, MODE_HIGH,215,1); datetime...
Hi Traders,     Now I feel the execution speed of OrderModify is quite slow.   When I see the timestamp on "Journal" of MT4, after sending order modify to confirming of the order modified, there is about 600ms in average. Opening order is much shorter, about 150 ms.  Deleting order also takes longer...
Hello i would like to know how i can ajust a martingale program to return to lotsize 0.01 after 2 consecutive wins. Normaly a martingale starts over after 1 win.. I have tried this way but not sure if this is correct . for ( int x=counter- 1 ;x>= 0 ;x--) (I change the 0 to 1 to get consecutive
Hello, The PeriodConverter is working well against all data downloaded via History Center (F2).  In turn, when applying the Period Converter on top of a graph, it will create the offline charts with the starting and ending dates matching the underlying data amount/quantity. However, is there a way...
Hello everyone, I have the following function that gives me a allert when when you come to form the double up and double min:   void DoppioMinMax(int DistanzaFrecciaRib=5, int DistanzaFrecciaRia=5, ){  int dpmindmax =0;  int i, countDmax=0, countdpmin=0;   for (i = Bars-10; i >= 0; i--)     {...
hello ican see any signal bar to my mt4
Hello, Working on a very simple array data export to CSV. All is working well, except that the bar indicator [barInd] counting is in reverse to what I would prefer it to be. So the question - would it be possible to reverse the numbering mechanism? Instead of getting: barInd | Date | Open
  help me please [solved]  (30   1 2 3)
I'm new in mql4 and this code opens multiple orders, how can i avoid it? it should just open 1 order until it closes, how can i do this? Thanks void OnTick () { double up= iIchimoku ( NULL , 5 , 9 , 26 , 52 , 3 , 0 ); double down= iIchimoku ( NULL , 5 , 9 , 26 , 52 , 4 , 0 ); if (
Hi everyone, I'm brand new with MQL4, I'm tryng to apply a moving average to another moving average. I'm able to call my two custom averages into MT4 e to plot them. But I want to apply the second average (yellow/blue) to the first one average (red); instead all I can do is to apply them to price
Hello .. in fact, I have noticed that no trades could be happen with the following code example:       if(Close[0] < PreDefPriceBuy)          BuyExecute(); while replacing the < with the <= would allow trading normally       if(Close[0] <= PreDefPriceBuy)          BuyExecute();  .....
Hey Guys, I found this nice EA manager on the internet. .............  <Deleted>
[Deleted]
im a big fan of lumia. despite having much less apps from android, I still find its durability, elegance, camera, and overall experience greater than any android phone I've ever used. The thing is, I'm also a trader and I find the lack of MT4 app in Windows Phone app store quite annoying. I dont...
'im new in mql4, and need help, this code doesnt work, but why? it should open a trade if the price cross ichimoku, why it doesnt work? thanks void OnTick()   {      double up= iIchimoku (NULL, 5,9,26,52,3,0);   double down= iIchimoku (NULL,5,9,26,52,4,0);      if (up && down < Bid  )      {...
Does anyone have an EA that places pending orders in trend lines, using the name and its position in object properties as a reference?
Hello, I do not know if the number of candles on the Limit variable is the number of candles on the chart or is there a different count.     {     int limit;     int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();  //---- check for possible errors     if(counted_bars<0) return(-1);  //---- the last counted bar...
Cant download MT4 anymore. I went to download website and when i press on "DOWNLOAD MT4" at the end it automaticaly downloads MT5 platform and instals MT5.  So next thing was, i remebered that my old computer has MT4 so i turn on old PC, open MT4 and what i see is that MT4 does not show the right...
  DLL Hell  (15   1 2)
We've all tried it.  There's something we want to do in a DLL but Metatrader is still stuck in the 19th century.  For my inquiry, I give you this: The EA: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|                                                   MT4Exports.mq4 |...
  Newsprovider  (3)
Hello I have a question. I use an Expert Advisor for DAX (GER 30) and I need a news filter for that but only for the big news that make a difference in the world like brexit or choice of American President. That´s the reason why I am looking for a news provider that I can build in my EA. If you know...
hi im very new to programming having only ever used quant a few times. i have created a fairly stable EA nothing spectacular but early backtesting shows very positive results.(extremely low drawdown) on the average spreads given by the broker 99% quality. I have 3 problems. Problem 1 ; during the...
Hello,  I made a simple EA but to speed up optimization I want to make the EA open a new trade at the same time and at the same bar that the indicators are right and NOT when a new bar starts. Could someone tell me the code to use? I can't find the info online. Current Code:...
Hi I am trying to place an order for the first time in MT4. When placing an instant order it s automatically closing.Can I know how to fix this one please
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I wrote a small code to demonstrate my problem: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Expert tick function                                             | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ void OnTick()   { //---    if...
  candle issues  (9)
hi i hope someone can help if they have had the same issue as me.   for some reason with some charts the candle stick formation wont work and instead shows the bar chart formation.  the line chart and bar chart both work fine but i would work off the candle stick formation.  has anyone ever...
plsss can sum1 assist....i try downloading metatrader 4 from the metatrader site but once it installs n runs it actually installs mt5. 
Hi, I have an mt4 EA and I would like to add mt4 code into this EA to stop all trades and delete pending orders if equity reached a certain percentage. I searched on MQL5 forum but I don't find mt4 code. I would like to stop all trades and delete pending orders for this day if my equity reach +2% of...
if(Buffer[2-5]>=var1){Print("buffers greater than var1");} because for some reason it compiles but doesn't yield a print. *i'm trying to compare the values of 3 bars back through 6 bars back.
Hi all... I'm a newbee and trying to write an EA. All is going well but I wish to make the EA stay out of trading for 2 periods (candles) after it closes a trade. I've tried using "TimeCurrent()" and adding the seconds of the period but I get a warning of different data types. I seem at a loss as to...