how to secure indicators before publishing to market ?

Hi , I want to know if limiting an Indicator by checking license type illegal ?

because on indicators people can download it on demo accounts and see the signals and then manually trade on their real accounts.

for example I want to have a fully functional demo of my indicator only on EurUsd . and then people get and test it . if they liked it pay for it and use it on other pairs too.

but rules say : 

Integrating and applying any third-party sales, accounting, license control and update management systems (including the ones using WebRequest features) in Products are prohibited.

so how should I prevent people from downloading indicator to demo and see the fully functioning signals and trade based on it on their other real accounts ?

Can I use this function as it is not a third party code ? MQLInfoInteger(MQL_LICENSE_TYPE);

Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / WebRequest
Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / WebRequest
  • www.mql5.com
Common Functions / WebRequest - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Farzin Sadeghi:

Hi , I want to know if limiting an Indicator by checking license type illegal ?

because on indicators people can download it on demo accounts and see the signals and then manually trade on their real accounts.

for example I want to have a fully functional demo of my indicator only on EurUsd . and then people get and test it . if they liked it pay for it and use it on other pairs too.

but rules say : 

Integrating and applying any third-party sales, accounting, license control and update management systems (including the ones using WebRequest features) in Products are prohibited.

so how should I prevent people from downloading indicator to demo and see the fully functioning signals and trade based on it on their other real accounts ?

Can I use this function as it is not a third party code ? MQLInfoInteger(MQL_LICENSE_TYPE);

They can only see the results from one symbol and one timeframe at a time without live updates to prices.

Anyone prepared to put up with such a terrible trading environment to save a few bucks will never purchase your product anyway.

So I wouldn't worry about this at all.  Just focus on creating a quality indicator that users want and the sales will come.

Reason: