MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1104

[Deleted]
Is it appropriate to post Wanted Ads Here? If not, where on the forums. I am looking for MT4 Indicator Launch assitance. Jim
[Deleted]
Hi I'm looking for an triple crossover macd indicator or advisor for MT4.The trading idea is when macd cross to the same time on the 4hour 1hour 15 and 4 min chart to the downside or the upside we can expect a very strong move to the down or upside and trade with a minimum on risk and a big and log
[Deleted]
Does anyone know how to copy / paste a price from 'live' update to excel, say price at 10:00am without losing it when time goes to 10:01am? Thanks
  Periodic Markers  (1)
Is there some way to have vertical lines across a chart to automatically mark designated time periods? For instance, I would like to be able to have my M1, M5, M15, M30, and H1, charts divided into clearly discernable 4-hour time units. Upon seeing the Cycle Lines in the Insert list, I thought I...
Bonjour, je veux simplement ouvrir un topic pour ceux et celles qui veulent poser leurs question en francais et veulent des réponses en francais. Pas toujours évident de traduire les termes de trader, programmeur, et le jargon MQL alors je crois que si nous nous réunissons sous un même topic, nous...
My optimizations can't do all the results, do you know why?? I have some backtests under 200 optimizations working fine, but i have problems with more than 200 optimizations... I get a lot of "No result" boxes. reply
Ergent !!! S.O.S Hi, I need to write an Indicator that display 3 elemnts in it, its should show stochastic & parabolic & moving avarage only the moving avarage and the parabolic should have as a datasource based on the stocastic, the stochastic have 2 returnd parameters fast and slow. the qustion is
I have a couple of custom indicators and I want to develop an EA that uses them. Is it possible to do this with MQL4? If so, how does one get the custom indicators into the EA and how does one access their data inside the EA?
[Deleted]
  Set of stoploss.  (2)
Hi guys, i need help with set of stoploss in my EA. I need code for this: if the current price is 20 pips greater than the opening price of current trade, set stoploss to the opening price of current trade. Thank you
[Deleted]
  EMA?  (9)
I'm having a heck of a time writing a 20 period exponential moving average to plot across this histogram. Any help would be greatly appreciated. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                       zscore.mq4...
Hello Everyone, I want to change object name. Is it possible ? Or I need to create new object with the same parameters and delete old object ? Edward
The file in my log folder is just an old experts file.
Hi, This might have been asked before. If so please kindly point me to the particular thread as forum search did not turn up any relevant result. I would like to add a code to my ea so that the ea will stop trading after reaching a certain number of target pips (e.g. 50 pips) for one trading day;...
[Deleted]
2 accounts 1 demo 1 real VPS same broker. It looks to me like my EA in my real account is not being initialized. I have a comment in my Init() section that displays The magic number on the chart, I only see that in the demo chart. The EA is should send an email telling me that its loaded and ready...
  help please  (1)
Hello people, i am looking for someone to either, show me how i can get the live data from the charts off and put into excel format csv or comma, so i can use this for a another charting prog i have, or someone program for me to be able to do this. Of course i am happy to pay something towards your...
Dear Guru's; I have a simple EA that calls up iStochastic for the previous bar. The %K line is exactly right when checked via the subsequent print statement. However the %D line is way off and does not correspond to any nearby bars. I have tried using both "MODE_SIGNAL" as well as "1" in the mode...
i'm trying to create a chart for a pair that doesn't exist (of course in the company i'm working with), so i took the "period_converter" indicator & made some modification (file attached) i got in the expert tab zero divide & doesn't working what can be the problem thanks for your help
Hi, can I do a stategy test from my ea, which uses file-functions? The ea reads the different ordersettings from the txt-files. Thank you!
[Deleted]
I have a general question for those who have already developped and tried their own EAs and have some experience with automated trading ... Do you find zig-zag approach useful for automated / semiautomated trading? Are zig-zag based EAs performing well (if done by professionals)? Is zig-zag worth
[Deleted]
I know I am asking basic + stupid thing but I can’t help myself: I need to refer to a concrete bar on the time line and get its properties. For instance: I would like to get a High (highest price of the bar), if, the only thing I know about the bar is it's coming from 2011.10.07 21:31 (let’s...
  MQL4 Bug??  (1)
if(iBarShift(Symbol(),Period(),OrderOpenTime()<1)) for some unbeknown reason, the above nonsense no error.
Suppose you create an EA. A very, very simple EA, with just a simple, one logic. Run on the tester, and it turns out the worser, the better. This becomes your "Evil Grail ". Next, just reverse that evil grail's logic. Continue with the next logic... Will this be an easier approach to have a better
[Deleted]
does any of metatrader4 mobiles on zip, smartphone or pc require any application before it could run on wm 6.1 device.i tried installing the device downloaded thru instaforex site but all efforts to no avail. the process requests that i run an (unknown) app before downloading the file (metatrader4...
It is possible to test the odd time frame ( 2,3,8,12 etc.) time frame on mt4 strategy tester if it then how ? or any method for that ? that will also help full for me
I have programmed an indicator with graphical objects. It calculates the values from the past and the "last state" is very important for the working on... But my rules for the past didn't work in the future This it the main-loop in the chart function is    int    counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();...
  Last update  (1)
When wil these idiots from MetaTrader react and repair their last update ?! realy what an arrogant little %$%^&&& they are unreal
Hey guys, As we all know, one day every trading-system will die. I try to find out a good way/indikator/signal that shows me when its time to switch off my trading-system. i heard that some algo-traders use a moving average on the equity-curve. looking forward hearing from you some tips&trick
[Deleted]
I wrote a trading strategy on EUR/USD pair . Back testing over a 3 year history yealds pretty good results. My question is how accurate is the data downloaded from mql4 database? Thanks
Hi, Is there someone know have any indicator or script which will alert when the EA closed the order and where can I find it?
[Deleted]
New to MQL and coding in general. Learning along. All Im really looking for is a script that alerts me when macd reaches certain levels and alerts me when i put in a macd value also. Thanks for any help