MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 443

Hello everybody. I am trying to build an EA using Hedging Strategy. I just thinking that it will works eventhough it will give a small profit but still it is a profit. I want to use moving averages like 5 and 21. If the 5MA crosses above 21MA, it will execute a Buy Position. OR if the 5MA crosses
happy day for all  my expert advisor   idea : putting pending orders in desired place with mouse and keyboard buylimit = CNTRL + left mouse clic in desired place  selllimit = ALT + left mouse clic  it works great smooth and all ... but i discovered  that it wont work on YEN pairs like gbpjpy usdjpy....
Hi, I have what I thought was defensive code on getting a global variable. Can anyone explain why I got an error 4058 ?   if (GlobalVariableCheck(GVQualify + "BadTrendLock") == True)       {        ResetLastError();        BadTrendLock = GlobalVariableGet(GVQualify + "BadTrendLock");        file_err...
How to get max and min value of MACD signal & base line for n period values?? Thanks in advance
Hi, I'm using Metatrader 4 build 950. I am trying to implement an abstract base class use pure virtual methods. After reading the documentation (https://docs.mql4.com/basis/oop/abstract_type), I thought easy - very similar to C++. But is just won't compile - not even the examples in the...
Trying to develop a simple Expert Advisor with RSI functionality but it does not seem to work, in addition to this, I wonder how I limit the number of trades to one at a time. Feel free to improve and correct the EA below. // import the trade library#include<Trade\Trade.mqh>// create an instance of...
I have an Expert Adviser that is using iCustom to call a market supplied macd. It works fine in the Strategy Tester while I am using default inputs, but there is trouble when I put the inputs into the iCustom parameters. While in the tester,  the new inputs still enter trades on the Arrows as before...
Not sure if this is the right section for this but being a newbie i'm not sure about nothing :-( I accidentally closed my toolbox, can anyone direct me on how to display this?
Hello everybody, Please give me some ideas ... I have used PumpingSwitchEx function for pumping initialization. But after some time the pumping was stoped. Next try give the error: Connection lost. How I can re-initialize pumping and reconnect to the server again? After stoping function "Connect"...
Hi, everything is OK about my EA. However whenever i put this protection code to my ea. It stopped using TP & SL!! I have tried to use account verification code... please take a look below //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Waelmore I //| //| Created by
I wanted to start a mt4 at the location: C:\Users\cas\Documents\MT4\mt5. But as you can see the starting process hangs using one of my 4 kernels completely (CPU = 25%) and , forcing the other running mt4 (1-4) to have a higher cpu-usage as well and , the system requests all of a sudden 16% If I stop
In my mind I have the for loop and the array set correctly what is causing this array out of range error? Keep in mind I am brand new to programming and this is my first attempt at a functioning program....
Hi Guys, i've been searching with not much luck for an MT4 version of the ConnorsRSI. A lot has been said about this indicator, which was developed by Larry Connors and Cesar Alvarez. The indicator is available for amibroker and tradestation but find no coding for MT4.. Can someone be able to help...
Need help on my 2 MA crossover EA. The EA will close the trade if the price reverse too quickly (but did not hit the stop-loss). I think is because the MA also reverse/repaint. I think is because the MA is "drawn" on every tick. How can I make it 'trigger" only after the close of the candle? Hope...
Hello MQL4/5 Community, I have a question regarding a function i want to build into my custom indicator "my indicator". So basically my indicator cointains multiple indicators and summarizes them into the buffer sum[i]...
Only the purchase position opens Can you help? thank you all void OnTick() { if (Bid > High[1]) { OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1,Ask,0,Bid+40,0); ; } if (Bid < Low[1]) { OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,1,Bid,0,Ask+40,0); ; }}
Hello, Wondering if someone might have the code needed to add a Fib Retracement on the High/low of the Previous Period on the chart?  Example,  If I'm looking at the hourly,  it would place the Fib on the High/Low of the previous day (Which is between the period separator), If I'm looking at the H4...
  GlobalVariables, MT4 and VPN  (13   1 2)
Hi All,     Have tried searching with no success.  I am having trouble sharing doubles between 4 EA's running on 4 separate Metatrader4 accounts running on my VPN.  The VPN is running Windows Server 2012R2.  I have used GlobalVariables years ago with no problems... but now they don't seem to cross...
double L24[]; double L32[]; double L40[]; double L48[]; i try to get those values,but i couldn't code. please help me .how can i get buffer value when arrived every tick? <Decompiled code removed by moderator>
[Deleted]
  MetaTrader Report Generator  (16   1 2)
<Link Removed> What are you thinking about this service.
Dear friends,    I am learning to code in mt4 and got a hang of it. I came across an indicator that display buy and sell value as seen in the screenshot below. Please guide me with study material or sample code on how to display buy and sell suggestions like seen in the screenshot. The logic is my...
Has anyone experienced (in Metatrader 4)   having their position closed for no reason? in the DEMO version? It happens after about 30 minutes.
What and why do I get this as my MT4 EA opens an account?
hi all, I hope you are doing well. I'm looking for a MT4 programmer to develop the following EA: Step1: Write every hour all retrievable details from the orderhistory section in a mysql db table.(drop the old table in mysql db) Step2: Write every hour all retrievable details from the open/pending...
Hello all! I'd like to add to some EA's a notification function that, well, notifies when a TP or SL has been hit. I made a kind of BETA version of the actual code but I'm facing some troubles that I'm not sure how to overcome:    for (int i = 0;i < OrdersHistoryTotal(); i++)    {      bool...
[Deleted]
Dear Metatraders  I am trying to develop an indicator that show me the highest high and the lowest low of the last 100 bars of all Major currency pairs,  This is part of my codes: double dEURUSD[2];dEURUSD[0] = High[iHighest("EURUSD",PERIOD_CURRENT,MODE_HIGH,100,1)];dEURUSD[1] = Low [iLowest...
I can only enter integer into the Deviations box. If possible please draw an arrow on the chart please, Red for put and Green for call. thanks Here is the indicator: bollitoucher.mq4
I set EventSetTimer(1) in OnInit (bool result is "true") , and I put my code in void OnTimer, but the indicator is still going through OnCalculate, which defeats the purpose of using OnTimer because the data received from the broker isn't faster than 1 second in some cases. Is there a way around...
I want to populate an array with currency pair values. Arrays are quite a bit different from Javascript I'm gathering. I'm totally new to programming and I took some online courses in Javascript to help prepare me to learn MQL4. I'm running into a snag with arrays. I dont understand the MQL4...