MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 446

Grid switched off as default when opening a new chart. If possible i want to customize the default color of candles too.
Hi, For the past week weeks I have been observing very weird look of candles on different trading symbols' charts. The problem seems to be that candles don't even form or barely start to form correctly. I haven't seen any major internet connection problem with MT server so I don't understand what
  Order event  (1)
I would like to know to handle an order event. For example, when an order is close then it will automatically alert a message. Thanks!
Hello all, my question is if this function is stated correctly? int Pips(){                double Pips = Point;             if(Digitos == Cinco)         {           Pips = Point*10;            return(10);          }        else if(Digitos == Cuatro)         {            Pips = Point;...
I've got an EA set up against a demo account (and then uploaded to the MQL VPS service) It should be using iHigh and iLow based on the first Candle to determine a range and then uses these as SLs (plus a few pts) to set up 2 orders But as you can see from the picture it seems to be using wrong...
[Deleted]
Hi, can someone explain me difference between "Bid" and MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_BID) ? I used "Bid" value for some open positions and when I wanted to check opened position with OrderSelect it didn't find it and that order was opened with that price "Bid". After that I started to use
i can not able to create OBJ_ARROW in  indicator_separate_window. But i can able to create OBJ_LABEL. please help me to fix the problem. I found reason for that. OBJ_ARROW still at Time 1970.01.01 00:00 and Value: 0. it not taken OBJPROP_XDISTANCE and OBJPROP_YDISTANCE. my codes is: #property...
Hi all, I have download mt4 from MTrading, it work well but is not perfect. Now I'm trying to add a new indicator (advanced adx) but when I drag file into the folder it's not possible to drop it, it's like mt4 doesn't recognize the validity of the indicator that I want to add. I ask you if someone...
Hi Found a strange problem... The strategy tester works fine on 4hr chart but as soon as I want to test it on 1hr. It runs but has absoutely no result. Running the same EA on visual mode does actually create trades so it does work but for some reason on 1hr chart just doesn't give me any data to...
Hi there, can anyone inform me how to have two MACD indicators with different settings in one window on MT4 please ? Many thanks
I would like to know that , Can I call a variable in a ex4(Libraries) into mq4 file ?  For example : If I put this in Libraries and compile it  //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                        Happy.mq4...
Hello, I´d like to humble request if any of the coders in this forum can help me : In my trading i use cycles ( with cycles i mean i hedge some positions in order to breakeven the trades). I get the attached indicator which is excellent to provide the breakeven level , although as i can have...
Hello, Some help needed on the code below. The EA gives me a different stop loss on each trade yet i want to be fixed at 10pips for the 1hr timeframe. I dont know if it's the sleep function causing it or it's something else.input double MaximumRisk   =0.012;//--- parameters for data readinginput...
Hi, I'm trying for the first time to write an indicator, I have a function that works, like a sort of "density" calculation, but converting it in similar indicator still not working...maybe i still miss some passages, function double density(string currency, int timeframe, int period, int...
Hi all, I try to create my own indicator. Part of my indicator has to calculate the average value (example for last 5 bars) from CCI. int start() {    int counted_bars = IndicatorCounted();    if(counted_bars > 0) counted_bars--;    int limit = Bars - counted_bars;    for(int i = limit - 1; i >= 0;...
Hi Can I Add Account in my profile which uses Oanda MT4 server? The reason for this question is that I could not find it on the list of the server when I type "Oanda". Thanks
Why this is happened to me help please 0 error(s), 17 warning(s), compile time: 114 msec 1 18
What is the best way to calculate prices/volumes "every 1 day" in any timeframe? My idea is to count candles for 1 day, for example in 15 mins timeframe there's 96 candles. It means 96 candles is 1 day of data in 15 mins timeframe. I'm thinking till now if this is correct way or if there's an easy...
hi, i'm interested in optimizing EA's for accuracy rather profitability - particularly I want to optimize for higher % successful trades vs losing trades as shown in the strategy testers report (% of longs and shorts won) My reason is that I'm ultimately more interested in the long term accuracy of...
Hi there, I just found a bug in drawing an arrow by using the "OrderDelete()" function. Maybe somebody can check if it is a bug or a feature :). First the system specs: - Windows 10 PRO 64 - MetaTrader 4 v1090 What happens?First I place pending orders - fine! Then I delete them with OrderDelete() -...
I have downloaded the Free PSAR to test but am trying to change the parameters . Is this possible and where can I do it ? I cant seem to open it in the Editor ? Also I wanted to use the PSAR to execute INTRADAY rather than at OHLC would this be possible ? Thanks
Hello Community, I have built an indicator which sums up the values of the ADX ad Aroon indicator and writes it into an array called "sum[]". Now i want to colorize the bars in the chart depending on the indicator value. Is the indicator value above a certain limit (double ext trendlimit) the bars...
problem old build
Hi guys. I want to do the back-testing by program control in mql4. 1. using program start the back-test rather than click the start button on strategy tester 2. controlling the setting of back-test parameters such as symbol, period, date etc. Is it possible for MT4?
Is there a method to chart backtest results (the trades that occurred during the backtest) without using visual mode? If so, how do I do this? Visual mode can often sometimes take a very long time to run with tick data backtesting. The non-visual mode backtest runs much faster, but I cannot see...
Hi guys, Im having some trouble with an EA in MT4. Its just a basic one, but when started in the tester, doesn`t trade at all. This is the code. Thank you in advance! //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                    Stan 4.0...
  Global Variables  (5)
Hello, I have an EA and a Indicator, running at the same time, Why do not take the Global variable the 2 value in the Expert . Both programs are under #property strict with the Expert within a loop OnTick, and the Indicator into OnCalculate. Expert double GV_Ind; Print(" Global Variable GV_Ind=
[Deleted]
In MT5 I've managed to automatically load a template (tester.tpl) after backtesting finished, in order to show my indicators and see where my expert traded. However, in MT4 this doesn't seem to work. If I manually load tester.tpl, all my indicators show properly, so my template is fine. After the...
excuse me whats wrong with this code >> pending orders doesn''t work !! if(deff>0){      double sum = (deff + b)/10;      int h=(9-deff);      double fin = (b-h)/10;            ObjectCreate( 0  ,"8" , OBJ_HLINE , 0, 0 , fin  );      ObjectCreate( 0  ,"6" , OBJ_HLINE , 0, 0 , sum  );...