MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 446

Hi Found a strange problem... The strategy tester works fine on 4hr chart but as soon as I want to test it on 1hr. It runs but has absoutely no result. Running the same EA on visual mode does actually create trades so it does work but for some reason on 1hr chart just doesn't give me any data to...
Hi there, can anyone inform me how to have two MACD indicators with different settings in one window on MT4 please ? Many thanks
I would like to know that , Can I call a variable in a ex4(Libraries) into mq4 file ?  For example : If I put this in Libraries and compile it  //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                        Happy.mq4...
Hello, I´d like to humble request if any of the coders in this forum can help me : In my trading i use cycles ( with cycles i mean i hedge some positions in order to breakeven the trades). I get the attached indicator which is excellent to provide the breakeven level , although as i can have...
Hello, Some help needed on the code below. The EA gives me a different stop loss on each trade yet i want to be fixed at 10pips for the 1hr timeframe. I dont know if it's the sleep function causing it or it's something else.input double MaximumRisk   =0.012;//--- parameters for data readinginput...
Hi, I'm trying for the first time to write an indicator, I have a function that works, like a sort of "density" calculation, but converting it in similar indicator still not working...maybe i still miss some passages, function double density(string currency, int timeframe, int period, int...
Hi all, I try to create my own indicator. Part of my indicator has to calculate the average value (example for last 5 bars) from CCI. int start() {    int counted_bars = IndicatorCounted();    if(counted_bars > 0) counted_bars--;    int limit = Bars - counted_bars;    for(int i = limit - 1; i >= 0;...
Hi Can I Add Account in my profile which uses Oanda MT4 server? The reason for this question is that I could not find it on the list of the server when I type "Oanda". Thanks
Why this is happened to me help please 0 error(s), 17 warning(s), compile time: 114 msec 1 18
What is the best way to calculate prices/volumes "every 1 day" in any timeframe? My idea is to count candles for 1 day, for example in 15 mins timeframe there's 96 candles. It means 96 candles is 1 day of data in 15 mins timeframe. I'm thinking till now if this is correct way or if there's an easy...
hi, i'm interested in optimizing EA's for accuracy rather profitability - particularly I want to optimize for higher % successful trades vs losing trades as shown in the strategy testers report (% of longs and shorts won) My reason is that I'm ultimately more interested in the long term accuracy of...
Hi there, I just found a bug in drawing an arrow by using the "OrderDelete()" function. Maybe somebody can check if it is a bug or a feature :). First the system specs: - Windows 10 PRO 64 - MetaTrader 4 v1090 What happens?First I place pending orders - fine! Then I delete them with OrderDelete() -...
I have downloaded the Free PSAR to test but am trying to change the parameters . Is this possible and where can I do it ? I cant seem to open it in the Editor ? Also I wanted to use the PSAR to execute INTRADAY rather than at OHLC would this be possible ? Thanks
Hello Community, I have built an indicator which sums up the values of the ADX ad Aroon indicator and writes it into an array called "sum[]". Now i want to colorize the bars in the chart depending on the indicator value. Is the indicator value above a certain limit (double ext trendlimit) the bars...
problem old build
Hi guys. I want to do the back-testing by program control in mql4. 1. using program start the back-test rather than click the start button on strategy tester 2. controlling the setting of back-test parameters such as symbol, period, date etc. Is it possible for MT4?
Is there a method to chart backtest results (the trades that occurred during the backtest) without using visual mode? If so, how do I do this? Visual mode can often sometimes take a very long time to run with tick data backtesting. The non-visual mode backtest runs much faster, but I cannot see...
Hi guys, Im having some trouble with an EA in MT4. Its just a basic one, but when started in the tester, doesn`t trade at all. This is the code. Thank you in advance! //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                    Stan 4.0...
  Global Variables  (5)
Hello, I have an EA and a Indicator, running at the same time, Why do not take the Global variable the 2 value in the Expert . Both programs are under #property strict with the Expert within a loop OnTick, and the Indicator into OnCalculate. Expert double GV_Ind; Print(" Global Variable GV_Ind=
[Deleted]
In MT5 I've managed to automatically load a template (tester.tpl) after backtesting finished, in order to show my indicators and see where my expert traded. However, in MT4 this doesn't seem to work. If I manually load tester.tpl, all my indicators show properly, so my template is fine. After the...
excuse me whats wrong with this code >> pending orders doesn''t work !! if(deff>0){      double sum = (deff + b)/10;      int h=(9-deff);      double fin = (b-h)/10;            ObjectCreate( 0  ,"8" , OBJ_HLINE , 0, 0 , fin  );      ObjectCreate( 0  ,"6" , OBJ_HLINE , 0, 0 , sum  );...
Hi dear freind I tried to test a EA expert in MQL4. As you see in attached image: number 1: show value of WPR[0], when strategy tester is run. number 2: is value of WPR[0] in Data window in the same position of number1. and number 3:show position of it. there is some body, tell me what is problem?...
Is there away to tell metatrader to "Stop Trading when not enough money" in the account? ...and to wait for ACCOUNT BALANCE to increase. Currently I get multiple warnings as I forward test "M-NOT enough money to trade". margin is insufficient to trade a lot size of 1.6". After a while my account is...
  Toys from Vinin  (387   1 2 3 4 5 ... 38 39)
Decided to create a thread to put "Toys" in one place
Hello, I have an indicator that create rectangles for support and resistance, it draws several of them, all named : support-1 , support-2 , resistance-1 , resistance-2, ect.....  I want to use those values on an EA or an indicator, without having to enter every names one by one. Is it possible to...
Hi all Can anyone help me with the following. Im trying to write an EA that runs on an hourly chart, but I want to look at whats happening on the 5 minute window too. A couple of expressions I have.... TriggerMovingAverage = iMA(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,8,0,MODE_EMA,0,1); and iClose (Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,1)
hi all i tried to write  my EA using Standard Deviation channel  but  i cannot  find any index  for  it's  lines only  time  points  but i need  price points please  i  want   the  formula  and  the  equation  that  used  to  draw this  tool  on meta trader  to be able to write  my own indicator...
Hi all, I am looking for an mql4 folmula for calculating an Heiken ash  red and greed candle on a chart. I am not interested with a colour of the candle, just the folmula in mql4.  Please help if someone has one at hand. Thanks.
I got sometimes Takeprofit modify error 130, when takeprofit go to negativ area. that means, takeprofit move buy order under orderopenprice, sell order move to upper. Then I got the error. I saw many other EA do also same, but they works without error. Why is it?
Hi community, Brokers don't seem to offer much history on the 1-minute charts, and downloading via MT4 history centre didn't get me much more. Wondering what sources everyone uses for 1-minute chart history data? Would like to try out some free and/or paid ones to see what works well. Thanks!