MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 450

Hi there, I'd like to create an indicator that runs on a different timeframe to the chart on which it is applied. This is so I can compare certain results from a slower timeframe against those of the primary chart's timeframe. The indicator I have in mind (an indicator version of an EA I have...
Hi one question... every time i try to fill an array with variables it returns this mistake  "constant expression required" this is the code: string tab_ordini[8] = { ord_a, ord_a_reverse, ord_b, ord_b_reverse, ord_a_s, ord_a_s_reverse, ord_b_s, ord_b_s_reverse }; and i have declared them in this...
How do i switch the draw_arrow in AMA Indicator below into draw_line? I replaced arrow with line, and it didnt resolve the problem, it just draw lines downwards. Please, help. Ed
Hello everyone, This is my first EA and also first post on thisforum :-) So, my EA based on Moving Averages Indicator these are basic conditions: 1.       The first candle after crossing thelines is the candle, where I’m placing the pending order with price 0,00015pipsabove ‘high price’ or 0...
[Deleted]
Hi, on an event I want to load a specific profile within a EA. The profile contains several charts.  Up to now I couldn't find any information how to do it. I don't want to klick by myself. The code has to do it. I've found something with "PostMessageA ..." But I don't know how to implement this....
  mqh file  (3)
Hi all, is there the possibility to shift a portion of code in an .mqh file, in order to obtain a smaller .mq4 file? I'd like to shift in a .mqh file the part code in which I create the Global Variables, but I don't want to create a single .mqh file for every Global Variable (using the return...
EX4 file must be compiled using #property strict directive. I am getting above error while uploading new version of EA to market for MT4. Can you let me know what I need to do resolve the issue.
  Volume function  (1)
Hi, int start(){Alert(iVolume(NULL,1,0));return(0);} This simple code will print number of ticks on the current M1 Bar in a box near the chart. It works fine when I attach the ea to any chart However when I run it as a backtest with "Every tick" it prints huge numbers like 38654705672 in the journal...
  MT4 Scale Fix  (5)
HI , could you please assist me on this issue ,  when i fix the scale one to one in mt4 for D1,W1,MN period the chart will be distorted and you can not read it. i mean the bars will be very long and it will not fit the screen , the opposite for H1 period. thanks in advance.
Hi, I'm editing MACD Sample, using H4 AUDUSD, I want to use the entry conditions supplied, but i want to delay it by looking for a correction in the trend then enter. I used an input called 'Lookback', created a for loop that loops for i=0 to Lookback. The Problem I set the Lookback to 5, it will
[Deleted]
Hi coders, I made an indicator which should show an alert every minute. That works fine but when I change timeframes, it immediately shows the alert without waiting for a new m1-bar. I know this happens because the static datetime variable is initialized with a change of a timeframe. But I want to...
Hi, Need an EA having input as :  "maximum spread allowed"   :  (any number like 10/20) Now, suppose I try to place order and if spread at that time is less than or equal to defined number in input parameter, order should be placed.  If spread is grater than number defined in input parameter, reject...
This code executes as it should in normal operation. In strategy tester the value in the print statement for marginRequired is zero. Anything I can do to the system to make it come alive in strategy tester? Metatrader4 version 4 build 1090 19th May 2017 {it is a method of an object}...
Hi, I made an arrow object for buy and sell orders and I use chart event click on these arrow to manage somes advanced functions. It is very strange because the area of click detection is not well fitted exactly on the arrow symbol but just next to. Do you know what could be the problem ? I try...
Is it possible to set OBJ_EDIT graphical component always on top? I'm currently able to show it on top for existing component ( for example it overlays a trendline ) but it doesn't work for new components ( the user is able to draw a new trendline which is drawn over the OBJ_EDIT component ). I'm...
  Renko Chart EA  (4)
Has anyone ever found a renko charts EA that fully automates the trading style? This would be very helpful. I have used google and I am not really finding anything. Thanks PIL
Hi all, my expert writes a Global Variable in this way  StringConcatenate(...,Symbol(),OrderTicket()); but when half position is closed on profit, the OrderTicket() is changed from the broker and the expert is not able to modify the Global Variable properly. Is there a way to rescue the link to old...
Hi All,  Been trying to get this code to delete a pending order. Basically I'm trying to set two pending orders, one buystop and one sellstop, and when one executes i want to close the other one. Trying to do it by naming them ticket1 and ticket2 as below but its not deleting any:       //if entry...
  Dynamic arrays  (3)
Hello. Is it possible to set array size dynamicly for an array like SomeArr[5][][12]? I mean first and third dimensions are known, but the second must be calculateted and set up.
Hi, Does somebody know what the order of tick numbers and position numbers (in trade and history pools)? Whether tick2 > tick1 => time of OrderSend 2 > time of OrderSend 1 ? Whether pos2 > pos1 => time of OrderSend 2 > time of OrderSend 1 ? I.e. are the ticks and position numbers generated in the...
I want this soft ,but I can't find it ,anybody want to share it ?
Hi I'm new-ish to the MT4/EA coding world, although I'm capable enough already to code entry/exit expressions based on multiple indicators/timeframes, change SL/TP, pending orders etc I'm wanting to outline my EA/Trading logic out here and have some more experienced coders/traders pick it apart......
Dear all,  can someone please help me upgrade my platform to be able to enter/exit trades with one click, and also move stop loss and take profit with just one click. 
i need Send only 1 order code int OrderInOneDay(int type) {    int Cnt=0;       int  totalHistory;          for (int i = OrdersHistoryTotal()-1; i >=0; i--)           {             totalHistory=OrderSelect( i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_HISTORY );             if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol() &&...
  Code mql4  (3)
Hi, I would need to add a line of code to the "pip value and spread" indicator which allows me to display the size to be used as a lever 1. Example: Cross to trade: AUDCAD Current pip value: € 6.72 Balance Account € 140,000 Lever I want to use: 1 Therefore .... Position Size: Lots 2.08 The operation...
Hi there, I've been working on my first EA over the last few months and it's now working well :) As is inevitable, I'd like to add some ways of interacting with the EA that is not really covered by the properties dialogue. These would be inputs to enable semi-automated trading. I've spent quite a...
I have an indicator loaded on 13 assets, each tick processes a series of data in D1, H4 and M30. In 10 MT4 the behavior is the same but a MT4 inside VPS did not perform a certain passage. Is it possible that with all these assets the memory of the MT4 fills up generating a block "momentarily even 30...
Hi, Under my EA the order failed to open saying in log "Invalid S/L or T/P" while SL and TP are set to NULL, it happened in very volatile market and spreads were widened at that moment. 1 12:01:09.942 '11111': order sell stop 1.20 GBPUSDmicro opening at 1.32476 sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000 failed...
  Closed Orders  (4)
Hello - I'm new to the MT4 platform. I had some pending orders that I thought were at a really good price; The price continued to fall and my orders were all closed (due to my margin). Since then (about an hour ago) the price has gone back up and I would now already be well above the 25% threshold...
Hi, guys! So I have this very interesting problem and dunno how to actually overcome it. Idea is this: someone buys EA that requires 3rd party integration (via WebRequests). Let's say I own this required 3rd party web service and I need somehow to protect my service to only allow web requests from...