Moving Averages crossing

Hello Everyone,

How can I remove this part of my code and still have it working

double IMA()
  {
   iMA_Close= iMA(Security,Timeframe,ma_period,MA_Shift,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_CLOSE,SHIFT);
   iMA_Open = iMA(Security,Timeframe,ma_period,MA_Shift,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_OPEN,SHIFT);

high = fmax(iMA_Close,iMA_Open);
   low  = fmin(iMA_Close,iMA_Open);

diffval=high-low;

D=DoubleToString(diffval,DIGITS); // <<---- Change
   diff=StringToDouble(D);           // <<----

if(diff>=0.00014)
     {
      return(TradeAllowed=true);
     }
   return(TradeNotAllowed=true);
  }

if(StringToDouble(DoubleToString(diffval,DIGITS))>=0.00014)

When writing inaccurate functions.
Returns BOOL. A is given, returns DOUBLE.
bool IMA()
  {
   iMA_Close= iMA(Security,Timeframe,ma_period,MA_Shift,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_CLOSE,SHIFT);
   iMA_Open = iMA(Security,Timeframe,ma_period,MA_Shift,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_OPEN,SHIFT);

high = fmax(iMA_Close,iMA_Open);
   low  = fmin(iMA_Close,iMA_Open);

diffval=high-low;

if(NormalizeDouble(diffval,DIGITS)>=0.00014)
     {
      return(TradeAllowed=true);
     }
   return(TradeNotAllowed=true);
  }

Hello again,

I have been avoiding using NormalizeDouble ever since I used it the first couple of times and was pulled up for it.

I'm going to test with Keith's option.

Thanks guys.

GrumpyDuckMan:

Hello again,

I have been avoiding using NormalizeDouble ever since I used it the first couple of times and was pulled up for it.

I'm going to test with Keith's option.

Thanks guys.

All I did was cut your code down to a single line. I didn't think about what you were trying to achieve.

I use NormalizedDouble() all the time and I do not have any problem with it.

Yes, there are times that you need to do your calculations correctly when working with something like TickSize when it doesn't equal point. In those cases I calculate the value and then Normalize it.

We may have differing opinions, but I have no problem with  NormalizedDouble() and I will continue to use it.

Keith Watford:

All I did was cut your code down to a single line. I didn't think about what you were trying to achieve.

I use NormalizedDouble() all the time and I do not have any problem with it.

Yes, there are times that you need to do your calculations correctly when working with something like TickSize when it doesn't equal point. In those cases I calculate the value and then Normalize it.

We may have differing opinions, but I have no problem with  NormalizedDouble() and I will continue to use it.

Thank you sir,

I was going to ask about TickSize, etc.

At the moment I only have about 10 hour a week to play around with debugging code, so my progress is very slow.

Many thanks to all.

Reason: