MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 442

Hi there, Is there an accepted "formula" to approximate buy/sell volume on historic bars? I thought that using price action on the bar, you could perhaps apportion part of the bar's volume based on the distance of close from the high as selling, and close to the low as buying. This sounds way too...
Hi Folks , Can't see how to get round this problem. I've configured my metatrader terminal to startup with a config script. I dynamically add EAs and scripts before I start it so it can startup and allow trading with EA.  I have an EA that sends WebRequests to a local server, but looking at the...
Hi everyone, I'm testing a custom dll that shur return a string when I call its function. No problem while retrieving an integer, but text is represented in journal with a series of question marks. I've tested the dll with a .net form and all is working fine. Anyone can suggest me how to solve this...
  Backtest. How long test an EA?  (27   1 2 3)
Hi. What period do we need test an EA on backtest? last 3, 4, 5... years? I know that market changes...so, what do you think?
Hello everybody, actually I am using this EA to close at a profit level and deleting all Pending Orders placed left on Terminal. It works perfectly but I would like to add this functions: 1) Delete Pending Orders    True/False options,to activate or de-activate and a  2)"Value of Total Orders"...
[Deleted]
Hi! I guess my problem is trivial, yet I failed to google a solution. I want to create an indicator which display a lot of textual information. The actual chart is unimportant. So I first create a large area covering all the chart:   ObjectCreate("pi_Gaps",OBJ_RECTANGLE_LABEL,0,0...
Hello, I have this High/Low trailing function on which I'm getting an Error 1 while running. I know this error is not very significant  but I can't understand why it's coming up. the strangest part is that I wrote  if(prevsl<newsl && newsl<=Bid-stoplevel && prevsl!=newsl) which is now actually...
hellomy order send func does not workplz help mesorry my english in not goodtnx extern int TimeFrame = 60;extern int MA_Price = 5;extern int MA_Length = 21;extern int MA_Mode = 1;extern int Atrlength = 14;extern double Kv = 4.0 ;extern double MoneyRisk = 1.0;extern bool ab = false;extern bool abc =...
  Close basket profit  (28   1 2 3)
Can you help? Does anyone have an EXPERT that can close the positions at a given profit ($ 20) of a single currency on a portfolio of more than one currency? thanks Potete aiutarmi? Qualcuno ha un EXPERT che può chiudere le posizioni ad un dato profitto (20$) di una singola valuta su un portafoglio...
Any one could help me how can i parse this data to my mql4 { "respond" : 1 , "paging" :{ "stillmore" : 0 , "perpage" : 0 , "callpage" : 0 , "next" : 0 , "previous" : 0 , "pages" : 0 , "result" : 0 }, "message" : "" , "result" :[{ "user_id" : "243" , "enddate" : "2018-02-20 00:00:00" , "user_email"
In my EA I use the iMA, so now I put the ma_period inside optimization to do many test. I will want see in the chart the same Moving Average indicator with the same ma_period to the code. How I can change che chart indicator MA with the ma_period on code? Thanks
  help in coding  (4)
hi guys, im new to coding in mql4 but i need some help..... im trying to code in a way that would allow me to automatically draw fibo retracement lines between the last low/highs of a zigzag indicator line and an arrow indicators point... like for instance.... if a new sell arrow appears i would...
//Variable externasextern double Lote = 0.01;extern double StopLoss = 300;extern double TakeProfit = 400;extern int TrailingStop = 280;extern int Slipagge = 10;extern int MagicNumber = 12345;extern int PeriodoEMARapidaActual = 5;extern int PeriodoEMALentaActual = 21;extern int PeriodoEMARapidaPasada...
Hi guys! I'm facing an issue with all MT4 terminals . It is crashing on opening. When I run the MT4 they open, but keeps freezed on Journal page without connection and with "Not Responding" message over the top. I've uninstalled it and installed it in the same folder and the same error. I've...
My EA put an order with SL. the expected SL is $ 196, the value of the pip at the time of the stop is $ 9.39 But the tester puts me a loss of 219.85 instead of 196 $ why?
[Deleted]
Hi folks, I'm completely new to MQL4 and C++ programming, but I've managed to piece together (butcher) an indi that produces an opening range box based on the highs and low of the session opening candle. My question (and problem) is, I'd like the range box to only be produced after the candle has...
how can I get previous bid and ask price in mql4?
Hello all, I could need some help with this modification. I am trying to change the OBJ_VLINE to a OBJ_TREND in order to stop it from drawing the line on the bottom indicator window and only drawing the line on the chart. But I am unsuccesful as my coding skills are basic at best. Any help would be...
hi guys, im new to coding in mql4 but i need some help..... im trying to code in a way that would allow me to automatically draw fibo retracement lines between the last low/highs of a zigzag indicator line and an arrow indicators point... like for instance.... if a new sell arrow appears i would...
  Pattern  (22   1 2 3)
Pattern indicators.
  OnTimer  (2)
A problem I have been chasing for some time is probably caused by the timer interrupts a vital history data update or a follow up routines for new data. I have been thinking of different ways to handle this problem. The timing is not crucial, it just a way to refresh data on regular intervals. 1....
  Organising the order cycle  (147   1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15)
Comments not related to " mql4 language features, intricacies and tr icks" have been moved to this thread
Hi, I've attached a couple of images. One is where I have the bars small and one where the bars are larger. If I drag on the time axis on the chart window, going left makes the bars smaller, going right makes them bigger. In the images, there is an indicator that I have programmed that has "wave"...
For some reasons I am using the old version of mt4. Please installing EA seems different on this old system compared to the new mt4s. Any idea how to install and run my EA on older versions (2001 to 2009) of mt4? Help
Hi folks, Scratching my head on how to do this.  I have about 90 charts open, all running different EAs. I'd like to loop through the charts and check what EA is running. If the EA matches a string then close the chart. I can't seem to find the right function to do this.  long chartID=ChartFirst();...
For some reasons I am using the old version of mt4. Please installing EA seems different on this old system compared to the new mt4s. Any idea how to install and run my EA on older versions (2001 to 2009) of mt4? Help
I use MT4 on my phone via the app and it suddenly restored all settings to default and deleted all my chart markings. Is there anyway I can get these back or will I have to redo all of my TA? Thanks
Puria.mq4 #define MAGICMA  20050610 extern string Trades             = "Настройки торговых операций"; extern double MaxRisk            = 0.2; extern double Lots               = 0.1; extern int TakeProfit            = 150; extern int MinProfit             = 100; // минимальный профит extern double...
Hello, The following script places a Buy/Sell order with predefined SL and TP lines using drag & drop, and places entry wherever you let go of the mouse cursor on chart.. All good... I would kindly ask if someone is willing to just remove the confirmation window from the script. Currently when you
Hi All, Having a spot of bother with data in back testing an EA. I've tried deleting and refreshing, downloading and refreshing, period converter, restarting the terminal, disconnecting from broker and the works. I receive the "TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 11077 at 2018.02.02 10...