MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 396

Hello traders, I tried using this but it doesn't catch all the trades: if(Volume[0]>1){return;} I wonder if there is any other method for working 'Open prices only', cause optimization would be much more faster.
I use new compiler - no error. When I try to run it, or drag it into the chart, it says that "is not expert and cannot be executed". Any idea? Note: Tester - working fine.
[Deleted]
Hi, I created a sample EA but it keeps getting the error "... is not expert and cannot be executed.". Any thoughts? Thanks, Young
[Deleted]
Hi, as the title, I have an EA, open source steve hopwood code which I am trying to test myself but MT4 says it is not an expert and cannot be executed but it is an expert.  So MT4 will not load onto chart which confuses me why. Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong or how to fix this ?...
I would like to make cryptocurrency graphs available to me as I can do?
Hello everyone, I have recently made a multi currency trading code. I have limited it 8 pairs, currently I use "alt+r" to show all the charts with opened positions. How could I make the program scroll through the open positions with a full screen for a short period of time of each opened order?...
char a='a',b='b';    Print("Before:  a = ",a, "  b = ",b);  //--- shift to the left    b=a<<1;    Print("After:   a = ",a, "  b = ",b);  // The result will be: // Before:  a = 97   b = 98 // After:   a = 97   b = -62 I get that the output of variable b is going to be the binary value of a (which...
Hi everyone, First of all, is this possible for every indicator? I have one that seems promising but re-paints a bit, not much. Anyone who can help? Would be much appreciated! Greets, Caesar
Hi, i am MT4 user and wanna run optimisation back testing, i have around 20 parameters setting and i have set the "Start, Step, Stop" and it need to run 10k count and about 2months times, so i increase the STEP and wish to reduce the test time but found that the test time count still the same as
I have a problem when programming in MQL4. It is a very strange problem. I am curious whether someone can tell me what is going on here. Below I present two pieces of simplified code, code version 1 and code version 2. Both versions are identical with the only difference the fact that in code...
I downloaded M1 historical data using the history center in MT4 but getting dozes of errors like this during backtesting: 2009.03.28 12:01:37 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (low value 1.2565 at 2008.11.24 09:00 and price 1.2563 mismatched) Also, the report shows "n/a" for the modelling...
  New MetaTrader 4 build 1160  (92   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
New MetaTrader 4 build 1160 The updated version of the MetaTrader 4 platform will be released on December 14, 2018. The update will feature the following changes: Changed MQL5 Storage operation protocol in MetaEditor To support shared projects, we have updated the protocol of operation with the...
Is there anyone out there with reliable and complete historical forex tick data. Through prior research I found Dukascopy but discovered that it is full of holes.
Hi, There is many options out there that can take your charts out of mt4 application, this is true for build 509 but to not install any big programs that promising this and that, email, trials etc...you could just put in your scrip folder a script made by IBFX and voila, you just drag on chart or...
I would be most grateful if somebody could amend (or advise me what to amend) the EA below for me please. Its is a simple EA that opens a pending buy stop and sell stop at round numbers (every 100 pips in this case). The issue I have with it is that when price moves towards to next round number, the...
Hi Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction in regards to pulling multiple currency data into one script so you can compare currencies on the same time scale? 
[Deleted]
Is there any tool or software that can convert an EA MQL4 to .EX4
Hi, i've managed  to resolve partially my problem with the pending orders described in this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/294301, but now the code returns Error 130 on prices that it should and shouldn't place an order and doesn't place all the orders with the given pip interval between them:...
HI, I just want to place order when arrow signal (object ) appear on a current bar since I can not use icustom. I think I can check object to find arrow and if arrow signal time=Time[0], then place order. Is this correct? void get_signal(){      if (ObjectsTotal() == 0) { return(0); }     int i;...
  Copying a trader  (1)
Hi, I have sucbscribed to a trader and i have a vps . However, the trades are no longer being copied from the trader to my account. Do you know why this could happen and how to fixe it? Thanks
Hello everybody. This morning my new expert advisor made his first trade, but I'm thinking it was not a good deal cause it's suposed that the expert has to entry when the blue MA crosses the yellow MA, but I don't see that in the chart... anybody knows some of this? - I post the logic:       //---...
Hi I get an error invalid trade volume when I try open lots like 11.23 but when I use 10 its fine. I'm using double lot variable. Why would that give me this error? Louis
hi. in attached code if put   "   h1=h0/m0;   "  as same as in code, then send  " zero  divide ". where is the problem.?
How do I get the MT4 2 line MACD
Hello everyone, Its been a long time since my OS forced a shutdown/restarted.  After I realized the problem, I ran a part of the code I never run. void CheckUp()  {   Alert("Start");   Total_Orders=OrdersTotal();   for(Total_Tickets=0; Total_Tickets < Total_Orders; Total_Tickets++)...
Hi,  I am developing an algo based on Excel and VBA however I am finding some difficulties to code on MQL4. Can someone guide me how I can extract raw prices past data of all time-frames for all symbols into excel, please? Much Appreciated.
[Deleted]
Hello everyone - sorry my first post is one asking for help! There is an indicator that I would like to add a simple alert to (for trading manually). 2 lines are drawn on the chart, and all I want is an alert when the current price either goes above 1 line, or below the other line. I know very...
  MQL4  (2)
I just have a basic question cause I'm new in programming... Is there any way to arrange lines in mql4 when nested operation is used? for example in MatLab when you press ctrl+i all "if" ,"for" and... that are inside each other would be arranged. 
Is it possible to know if the order was closed by 1. normal tp/sl 2. Manual close 3. closed by **pip 4. closed by profit dollers. etc..... Is it possible to put mark (comments?) when CloseOrder? If it is possible to leave a foot print, I think I can know the order was closed by 1 or 2 or 3. Any good...