MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1033

The Expert Advisor shown in the attached file was written by me based on Victoria. I had it hanging around the clock for a fortnight on NZDUSD 4H, initial account size 2000.00 . This instrument was chosen because of the small margin. The average profit is $40 per day. It works very well on the flat
Testing a martingale-based TS (the essence of the TA is a trade secret). The trial is open and is conducted in two stages: 1. On demo account 2. On cent account In both cases, you need to double the deposit in a short period of time. Be forewarned: THE ADVISOR IS NOT FOR SALE - you need such a cow
[Deleted]
  Martingale is Evil?!  (241   1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25)
While studying materials of this resource and one of English forums dedicated to automated TS development based on MT4, I noticed that there are discussions about the efficiency of this money management method in branches concerning application of Martingale method in money management. Naturally, as
Hello, I am developing several EA's that focus on trend following and I am having serious problem detecting ranging markets. ATR by itself seems to be non-effective. How do you guys detect ranging markets? Cheers
Hallo, I want to color my indicator-line exactly at a definite level. When my indicator crosses the level between two bars, I can only find this three posibilities: Is there any other way to color the line between two bars?? Thank you!
Hello. I have tried several times to sign up for mql5, When I finsh my registration, then tells me they send me an email to confirm my registration, but the mail never arrives (I've tried several times on different days, and is still going on as well) Someone know how to help me with this?...
New article The Simple Example of Creating an Indicator Using Fuzzy Logic is published at mql5.com: The article is devoted to the practical application of the fuzzy logic concept for financial markets analysis. We propose the example of the indicator generating signals based on two fuzzy rules based...
Is it possible that tester yields different results on different runs ? I mean I ran an optimization, non genetic over some variables and some time period about a week ago. Now im running the same optimization, same variable ranges, same time preiod, same EA (everything is exactly the same) but...
Can you suggest an EA, if there is one in kodobase, which sets two differently directed orders with the same volume, TP and SL at the beginning of a bar, e.g. BAY lot 1, TP 30, SL 20 and SELL lot 1, TP 30, SL 20. Please comment on this kind of strategy at random, if anyone has tested it
[Deleted]
Hello, I have a problem. I work with daily candles and GMT offset=0. The problem is when I move to another broker, because candles there are generated differently. When I take previous candle high/low/open/close on broker with GMT offset=0 and then go to a broker with GMT offset=+3 then it will be...
[Deleted]
Anyone here heard of or used Social Forex Signals.? We've been working on such a system and have just launched a beta site. I'd appreciate any and all feedback (registration is free for unlimited access) www.ForexGlobes.com Thanks in advance Brian
[Deleted]
#property copyright "Copyright 2012, MetaQuotes Software Corp." #property link "http://www.metaquotes.net" #include "include/stdlib.mqh" //--- input parameters extern int num_bars_long=2; extern int abs_volatility_long=50; extern int buystop=20; extern int...
[Deleted]
Hi All, I have attached a screenshot from MT4 showing what happened yesterday when the AUS/USD spike down. You can see that stop loss at 1.04135, 1.04255 and 1.04289 were all hit on 1st May, 04.29 hrs. My question is, is this a broker problem ? Can EAs be written to prevent such a thing ? e.g...
[Deleted]
Can custom indicators return a variable (parameter) back to the calling EA. I know how to send parameters from the EA to the indicator using icustom, but how how can I pass a new variable (parameter) from the indicator to the EA?
Please, I have an EA written which opens one trade per day ( I use OrdersTotal()<1 to make it so), but I want it to open another trade whenever it enters another day when it sees a trade advantage. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Hi, I tried this code with different underlyings             Print("Freezelevel is ",MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_FREEZELEVEL));            Print("Stoplevel is ",MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL)); And I get always Freezelevel is 0 Stoplevel is 0 Can anybody explain my why??
Does anyone know of any reason NOT to use TimeLocal() whenfiltering trade signals? My broker just changed their time zone (now GMT+n), and Ilive in the GMT time zone. Rather than me making adjustments for their new timezone by adding an offset to the TimeCurrent(), it seems easier just to...
B"H Hello there, I have self-implemented the Bollinger bands indicator. Attaching it to symbol's graph produces exact results (I've compared them with those of the standard indicator-implementation supplied within the MT4 package). In other words, it works perfectly fine attaching it to a graph, as...
Hi, I am trying to write an EA that will plot the lowest low and highest high for the past ‘n’ number of days. I have worked out how to do it in a Custom Indicator but can’t figure it out in an EA. I have attached a image of what I am trying to achieve. Could someone point me to some example code...
  SendMail problem  (1)
Hi EveryOne, I have problem with SendMail function. If I test Options-Email-Test, I got error message. The settings are working in email program. If I include SendMail command in expert it does not send any mail. Could you advice ? Regards, Edward
hi... can i replace symbol() in OrderSend(symbol(),OP_BUY..... with eurusd so it buy eurusd if i run the script from any chart, i just want it to but eurusd... is this possible? thanks christian
New article AutoElliottWaveMaker - MetaTrader 5 Tool for Semi-Automatic Analysis of Elliott Waves is published at mql5.com: The article provides a review of AutoElliottWaveMaker - the first development for Elliott Wave analysis in MetaTrader 5 that represents a combination of manual and automatic...
Hi All Can anyone please tell me how to identify and apply the current time frame showing on my chart to a variable? Basically what I want to do is to only show specified vertical lines on certain time frames. What I was planning on doing (rightly or wrongly) was to say - if the current time...
Hello there guys, I want to know if there is any way to find our when an order is modified? I mean is there any flag or trigger that is activated when an order is modified? I need to know when any order in my terminal is updated. Thanking in advance. Regards, Umer
iLowest() can return the LOWEST VALUE, but i want the bar index of this value instead of the value itself. Is there a function to perfom this?
  Multicurrency advisor question  (140   1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14)
Good evening! I am thinking of combining two pairs into one EA. I have done it. But suddenly I had doubts. I did it like this: extern bool GBP = true ; extern bool EUR = true ; - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - int start () { double A = iRSI ( " GBPUSD " , 0 , ..... ) ; double B = iRSI ( "
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I am writing a code that loops through all orders, and to check that if is a pending order is placed more than 2 days before, the pending order will be deleted. e.g Pending orders placed on 3 April (or earlier) will be deleted if today is 5 April. Pending orders placed on 4 April will...
I am working on an EA, but no matter what I do, I can't make it close trades. It opens them just fine, but when I want them closed, the EA will not close them. I'll post part of my EA code so maybe one of you experienced coders can figure out why I'm having this problem. The vars 'buyTrade' and...
Is it possible to create a chart based on data from other charts? Im trying to create a "trade weighted us dollar index chart ". Any ideas on how to achieve this?
[Deleted]
Hi, I have the following problem: I want to call an .exe within my DLL which I use in an EA. Therefore I tried different C++ ways of doing this. Like system(start "program.exe"), ShellExecute() or CreateProcess. All of them fail if used in the DLL but succeed if they are implemented in an separat...