Download MetaTrader 5

MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 325

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hi :) I have a check for trading hours in my EA that I want to extend. Currently it´s working like this: extern int StartHour=20;extern int EndHour=23;if (Hour() >= StartHour && Hour() <= EndHour){.......} This check works great, however, only if EndHour is not extending beyond "23". But I want to...
I'm posting this because I could not find a useful reply to others who have asked about this error. I just encountered it for the first time today. I presume there are other reasons for this error, I'm just offering the one that affected me today: My broker explained something I had not known...
can anyone help me with this indicator it does not show on my chart
Hi, is there maybe a finished indicator, which show me the DayOfWeek-Names vertically at the top (or bottom), like in my picture (text created manually to show my request). Regards Burkhard
Hi I'm trying to get started building my own EA, I have a trading system that I would like to automate, but its different to the typical MA cross over systems. Its a day trading system built around the highs and lows of a series of preceding candles. The basic building block of the trading system...
Dear Friends. I got a code alert Horizontal line. but i could not make it as wait for 5 seconds after each and every alert.. Here is the code. Kindly some one help me.. Thanks in advance #property copyright "Metaquotes"#property link      "mql4.com"#property indicator_chart_windowextern double...
Hi, I tried various version to get what is not problem with int-values - leadiing zeros if a value is to small: 11 => "011"? I have the double v = 5.123 I want to get the string "005.123" using StringFormat("",v); Anybody knows how? Thanks in advance, Gooly
Hi, Is there a broker who offer Direct Market Access to indices like US30? I can only find Direct Market Access to FX. Thanks!
Hi, I don't understand the example given by documentation. How to get the lowest price from the last 100 bars? The Lowest price will be updated while chart progresses. Please help. regards
Hi @all, I´m searching an easy Compiler to compile mq4 data files to .ex4. I know that metatrader includes this function. But I´m looking for some other programms for easy compiling. Can you help me? THX. Tommyboy
I am looking for where I can find some information about "Start Profiling" button on Metaeditor, what its does/purpose is for debugging ? I have ran it and it seems to give statistic, Is it showing yhe efficiency of the code ? Any explanations as well would be helpful . Thanks
Hi, i need information how is a DLL menaged by the platform. First: When i call a extern function declare in mine DLL how the platform work? Inject first the DLL in the process, get the module address and call the function or make other operations? Second: Can i create a new thread for the specific...
Hi, Is the Alert() Messages stored in a file like the journal? is yes, where? Thanks
Hello Support, I have following question: 1- I am developing an indicator in which I want some chart objects i.e Arrows to be on main window and some other results of the same indicator to be on a separate window. Can I do this in one single indicator or will I have to create two different...
I've clean windows 8.1 and MT4 crash upon launch. I've extract the log from %Appdata% but I do not know how to analyze it. Hope someone can help me. Thanks Filename : mt4clw.AE1E8010B94723EE91282E39CA65A64B Time : 2014.04.23 08:27 (00:00:00 elapsed) Program : MetaTrader 4 Terminal...
I was sharing data from two different brokers. Since the data structure has been changed, my EA doesn't work anymore because they can't talk to each other through the data file. Is there any way to specify the folder name that I want to save my data from EA, such as c:\workfile\data1.csv. Thanks for...
  MQL+ OnCalculate in expert (22   1 2 3)
If I prefer to include indicator calculation into EA rather than the iCustom call, probably the easiest way is setting correct parameters for OnCalculate() function. Did anyone already invest some effort into coding? I guess it should use CopyClose(), CopyHigh() etc. to create the parameter arrays,...
Bear with me, I'm a newbie. Is there a function, or routine to print out to an external printer (Basically what you can print to the journal, but a hard copy instead. Thanks
  about time (4)
I check time of some broker : The first bar of day in M1 is 0:00 and the last is 23:59. Do the time shown in MT4 are the same with other broker?
Well I managed to dld the csv-file for yesterday from the tds-calendar, url: http://calendar.forex-tsd.com/calendar.php?csv=1&date=20140214&calendar[]=4&gmt=0 If I paste that into the address line of my FF, FF asks me to open this files with LibreOffice, which I can and where I see and recognize...
Dear All, Is there a way in the new MT4 to force ENDEDIT for an "OBJ_EDIT" without pressing the ENTER key and without external DLL intervention ? I mean with a specific chart event or any other way. Thank you for your help. Eric
Hey guys, I made a ColorOsMA Indicator and it works fine. Now I wanted to add two horizontal lines to the indicator. It is the first step to program my own divergence-indicator. The indicator should print the lines at the last top and the last low of the indicator. My definition for the last top /...
Hi Has anyone seen this problem and if so can you help please. When I draw a trend line on one time frame (W1 for example) that trend line is not in the correct position on a different time frame (say D1 for example). In some cases the price may be above the trend line and below it in another...
Hi there, I've read about installing/copying folders for multiple MT4 instances; charts per instance and so on... There is plenty info about it, but, are there advantages of, for example, having one instance of mt4 with lets say 'n' charts, each one of those with a heavy or light EA (in the sense...
  SendEmail OMG (6)
Has anyone figured out how to send emails without having to purchase a 3rd party tool? I like MT4 but I cannot get it to send emails!! Other platforms, no problem, I just have a lot of time vested in MT4. Any programmers want to tell me how for a small fee? Thanks in advance!
New article SQL and MQL5: Working with SQLite Database has been published at mql5.com: This article is intended for developers who would be interested in using SQL in their projects. It explains the functionality and advantages of SQLite. The article does not require special knowledge of SQLite...
  Help needed: (23   1 2 3)
Hi all, Please help and advise how to do this: 3 parameters: Total_Candles = 40 Above_Candles = 5 1 moving average as reference. Condition 1: If At least 5 candles in a row closes above Moving average over the last 40 candles, then Condition_1 is valid. Question: What is the proper function to use...
Hi! I was wondering if anybody knows how to change the labeling on the y-axis of an indicator? At present my indicator has a fixed range of values running from -100 to +100. I have added levels at +30, +50 and +70. I am happy with the labels on the level lines. However, I would like to change the...
I have 2 or 3 questions: 1/. Does new version of Meta Trader 4 collect ticks of each 1-Minute bar? 2/. Can I download TICKS HISTORY for major currency pairs (EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, AUDUSD, NZDUSD ...) for Meta Trader 4? 3/. If answer for second question is YES, then FROM WHERE and HOW TO import...
Hi all, I have an EA that worked fine in MT4 version 600 and previous, not working anymore. There are no errors in the journal, it simply does not open trades. When I compile the code I get a warning (but no errors), apparently there is an issue with the function OrderSellect and OrderModify:   for...