MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 319

New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1210  (77   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1210 The MetaTrader 4 platform update will be released on Friday, September 6, 2019. The new build features the following changes: Optimized "Market" and "Signals" section. In the new version, the product and signal showcases run faster and thus provide a better
Hi friends, I'm going to backtest my EA and converted one of my symbol's tickdata into .hst and .fxt and did a test to see how well it is working and I found out that my .hst and .fxt files are saved on the Data folder where is located in a different directory than the installation folder. I...
Hello! While creating another EA I came across the following error. When running in DEMO tester, I saw the result, after which my hair stood up on end.... And the system (computer) hung with my terminal (Forex4you). After the manipulation, I see the following. I can see the Expert Advisor in the
Hi, I will release one of my private EAs. It's called Alpha9, it was developed from scratch, this EA is a pure trend following system, with not martingale or any cost averaging scheme, I spend hundred, if not thousand of hours developing, testing and optimizing this system from many months ago It...
  If  (2)
Hello. I will ask for help. What's wrong here? if (High[2]+0.0001==Low[1] && Close[2]+0.0001==Open[1]&&2*(Close[2]-Open[2])<Close[1]-Open[1]&& Close[1]-Open[1]>0.0025) This is the code for USDPLN. Why is it not working? Below is the whole code
Hello, I want to take the value of the current _Symbol and convert it to a numeric representation that can be stored as a double in a named global variable. So, a kind of 1-way encryption process that outputs as a double? Is there a way to do this in MQL4? Thanks
merger 2 indicator into 1 and send notification please help me test on nzdusd time H1 , candle red is succesfully
I'm going crazy, I think I checked all google results on how to avoid error 130 but still... hope somebody can point me in the right direction here's the function I use to send orders: -order without Stoploss (0 for longs, 99999 for shorts, actual stoploss to be added only after the order is
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                        Ron Greene|//+------------------------------------------------------------------+////  Changed Thresh A to 10 on May 5// #include <stdlib.mqh>//---- input parametersextern...
[Deleted]
1 I create a VC6.0 Win32 Dynamic-Link Library project, new one file, the code: #define MT4_EXPFUNC __declspec(dllexport)int a=0; extern "C" MT4_EXPFUNC int __stdcall GetValue() { return a++; } build one lib: DLIB.dll Copy DLIB.dll in the folder:MetaTrader 4\experts\libraries 2 mql code: #import...
Can someone help me to modify this indicator? I don't need text and number of each pivot line
Dear All, I just designed an EA MetaEditor. I am now testing the code, but it will not open any trades even though conditions are met. It makes a sound, meaning that it wants to open a trade, but then it doesn't. I suspect there is something wrong with the portion of the code where I want the EA to
How can I calculate the required margin? Required Margin = Trade Size / Leverage * account currency exchange rate (if different from the base currency of the pair traded) How to calculate 'margin' for a trade + margin for 45 pip SL? Before I open a trade, I think I need to collect this info: -...
Hi there, when I move a SL or TP manually, it takes less than a second until it´s confirmed and the SL or TP is at its new price. When I do the same by OrderModify(), it takes 5-10x more time. How can this be? In my log I can see, that the function is called only one time, not several times, so this...
Hello I have a pb that i can't solve : double ab =iMA("EURUSD",0,1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,pos);double bc =iMA("USDCHF",0,1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,pos); double ca = 1/(ab*bc); ab is correct (i can see it in a buffer), bc is correct too but 1/(ab*ac) return an error ! Can you explain me wghy
I'm trying to perform back testing with per-tick data in MT4. My MT4 is installed from CityIndex and I'm using the latest version of Tickstory. I'm following the instructions as outlined on this page and in this video. However, on Step 5 ( after I click the "Launch MT4..." button, though MT4 does
[Deleted]
I have just discovered that MT4's strategy tester doesn't simulate the behaviour of a stop loss correctly if the price gaps past the sl price (i.e. if a new bar opens and gaps past the sl price). Instead of closing the order at or near the open price of the new bar (which is the correct behaviour)
I am looking for a template which can show entire chart background as a histogram of indicators like CCI, ADC or oscillators like RSI? Thank you
Hello, I came across an issue calculating the Margin Required for GBPUSD. MT4 says I need $26.42 to open 0.01 Lots, but when I open that position it uses $66.06. I got in touch with Oanda, and they informed me that after Brexit the maximum leverage on GBPUSD for an account in the USA is 20:1, which...
Hi, I am using the SuperTrend indicator as part of an EA, but the indicator is very slow and is making the testing incredibly slow. Can anyone help with how to speed it up? Cheers Paul
Never seen this before, and due to the "complexity" of the message, no clue why and where. Any ideas
[Deleted]
I have been looking for a way to report this to Metaquotes but I can't find any support contact to send it to. There is no contact information on the Metaquotes website for Metatrader 4 or MQL4 support (or MT5 & MQL5 support) which is unusual for a software company. The only place I know of to
Hello, I'm coding an EA and in my EA I need to detect the changes in the history pool. Is it safe to assume in MQL4 that the pool is being changed only by adding new orders to the very end of the history pool? If not, how one can detect all changes which happened in history pool since last time
Hi i am after some simple help in coding some starting logic in MQl4 I am trying to ensure that if a value is set to true then a bit of code runs to exclude certain values from being run through the EA code. If it is not set to tru then the normal program execution would take place. My problem is
Because of the new update of mt4,my plateform doesnt show a customized indicator As you can see on this snapshoot, in the directory (1) C:\..\ MQL4\Indicators, I copied (2) EJ_CandleTime.mq4 But i cant found it in my mt4 plateform under customized indicators (3) How can it be corriged? Thanks in...
I am wondering why sometime EA is not opened order in some broker. Broker A is OK. But Broker B, no orders. What is the check point of the code
Is there an easy way to determine the high low range going 10 bars back of an indicator?  *This is not bars.. Specifically the highest high and lowest low of 10 bars back of the indicator.  Again this is not price but the buffer value.. Kind regards comrades.
I assume that for meta trader, chart will be updated when the real time tick data is arrive. Maybe Meta trader keep write the rate information gathered from the tick in the binary text file to feedback to the chart. However, if the Meta Trader terminal is shut down for many days and  the user...
  Price Per pip  (96   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
This is driving me nuts, I have been looking for months now for an existing algorythem that does nothing more than calculate the Price Per Pip, regardless of the pair it is on. I have found 2 really good money management strategies that are both dependent upon this value as a way to precalculate
Hi All, I am trying to figure out an EA which updates its pending orders if current price pass the SL level of pending order both for buy and sell orders. As you can see below pic current price is below the SL point of pending orders. Therefore I want to modify new updated pending orders with