MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 328

Hello All, I want to use the moving average values of the DeMarker indicator in one EA I created. Reading some of the posts available I saw that the best option to go about that is to create first such and indicator and then call it via iCustom in your expert. So I created the following code
Hello, after installing the new operating system I have a problem with MT4. I always used to run MT4 WITH Play on mac software, if I do it now nothing happen, the Mac open Play on mac but MT4 doesn't start. Is there anyone who can help me? Thanks
Hi there, I followed all instructions to set up an EA for my demo account but for somer reason I don't see any trades made by the EA. I am using MetaTrader 4 on a Mac and I am currently based in San Francisco, USA. Does someone know what the issue might be? Thanks! Chris
Dear MQL4 developers, What would be best practice to develop pattern recognition EA which is looking on multiple time-frames at same time? My goal is to find candle pattern (using OHLC prices) on H1 chart and at the same time want to check for same pattern in H4. If/when both patterns are found
I just got this new EA and I installed it without problems, except for one! Every time I edit the Inputs and click Ok and re-open them again they are set back to defaults! I have re-installed MT4 many time but that didn't change. I thought it was only related to that particular EA, but when I tried
  EA programs MT4  (1)
I have a few EA programs and I'm looking for good settings.I can share these EA programs with you if you want.I'm just looking for someone who would help me find the best settings for these programs on different timeframes.These programs were written by a programmer and I paid for them but for your
Hi. I am currently converting an indicator into a multipairs indicator, using the same technique I used on the Keltner Channel indicator. This indicator I am converting to multicurrency is the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo indicator. I think I am finished, I just want some folks to verify this on their demo
im trying fixing an old rsi ea...but im fail ++//...need professional
Hi there, I'm a newbie and I have a problem with a part of my code. I would like to close my trade at 21h45 every day, even if the position is positive or negative. Here is my portion of code. I don't understand why it's not working: for(int cnt=0;cnt<OrdersTotal();cnt++) {
  C++ dll design  (10)
Hello. I am studying programming in MQL4. I have a question whether the pattern from this article https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/5798contains the correct syntax for the class written in C ++ for MQL4? I have a few problems and I do not know if they result from a poor dll design
Hi there,  I am attempting to validate my EA for the market.  My EA trades only the EURUSD and it is required to be attached to the 1M chart. Why is the automatic validation checking for other symbols and higher timeframes? Is there a way to work around this issue?              Test report for...
[Deleted]
hi guys, i have an issue with the Automatic Validation Process, in the Draft stage. It ends with an error (OrderSend error 131-Invalid trade volume). The validation fails there.Can anyone suggest me which part of my ea code should be checked and how to be corrected in order to eliminate that error?...
Hi I have an EA where i want to tell the code (including the Strategy Tester, if that acts differently) to skip a test if a condition is not met. I am new to MQL4 so i chaecked the web and found i could possibly use "break" is this correct and if so would strategy tester stop or just ignore one test
  For loop help  (2)
Hello friends, I'm new to MQL and fairly new to MQL5 community so I really hope I'm asking this question at the right place. I intend to upgrade this simple 3 bar entry criteria with a for loop so that I can give an extern variable later on how many bars to look for. Original code: if(Open[1] <
So i have an account with a broker and they have tight spreads on a razor account or something like that,about 0.6 on gbp/usd. The thing is if I put on a sell stop or a buy stop trade, and the stop loss is say 3 or 4 pips ,when the trade gets triggered it gets closed also ..if i put a 5 pip stop
So this is what I want to do: Send a notification to my celphone BUT i only want it to send it maximum once every x time... lets say 1 notification each 12 hours if the condition is true. Thank you
  Time[0]  (7)
Good morning everyone. I need to know what is the function "Time[0]" in MQL4 and what it do. Can someone please help me
In order to maximize trading opportunity, i entered into multi pair EA coding community. The problem in it so far is dealing with chart that are not opened in the chart window, refreshing the chart to get latest tick and most importantly getting the EA to read accurate tick data when OnTick() is
Hello. I'm learning coding in MQL4. I'm having trouble getting a string from my C++ dll file. I tested in MQL5 works without a problem. Can somebody help me? C++ code: PROJECT1_API void fnReplaceString(wchar_t* text){ wchar_t replaceText[] = L"987654321"; memcpy(text, replaceText
Can somebody help me to make this Macd detect divergence between oscilator and price, and draw arrows on detection? #include <MovingAverages.mqh>#property indicator_separate_window#property indicator_buffers 4input int InpFastEMA = 12;input int InpSlowEMA = 26;input int InpSignalSMA = 9;input int
  icustom problem  (1)
hi guys i use this indicator <Deleted> for icustom, but print zero (0) for me help me for solve this problem thnaks my code : //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| zigzad customm.mq4 |//|
I had a chart with many trend lines I had drawn. I deleted that chart by mistake. I tried to 'undelete' the chart, but it's not even on the list of deleted charts so I can't recover it. I have a backup of the entire \\Application Data\MetaQuotes\Terminal\ folder and I thought I could restore the
  Partial OrderClose()  (20   1 2)
Hi All, In MQL4 language, if we use OrderClose() function to close just a part of the lots of the entire position, the EA will close the actual position ticket(number), and create another position ticket(number) with the remaining lots. OrderClose(OrderTicket(),(OrderLots()/2),Bid,3,Pink); I need to...
I have the below method, but it returns an invalid pointer, wham am I doing wrong? RunningOrder _runningOrders[];RunningOrder* RunningOrdersHelper::LowestBuyOrder() { RunningOrder *result = NULL; for(int i = 0; i < ArraySize(_runningOrders); i++) { RunningOrder current =
Hi senior forum members, I am learning how to use class to declare a group of functions to be methods of a class - which help the EA to be more semantic and more OOP-ish Enclosed is the original EA which draw Support & Resistance lines and display some market characteristics base on the last closing
Hi I can't find anything about DRAW_BARSHIGH DRAW_BARSLOW DRAW_BARSOPEN DRAW_BARSCLOSE in the documentation or any where else. are they for drawing custom candles? Anyone can give me some info
Hi all! I made an indicator which scans 28 forex pairs in 5 timeframes for a pre-defined setup. In this example I just scan for a candle's close above the previous candle's high. My question is now if my code is an elegant and efficient way to do it. I don't think so because the indicator is
Hi everyone, I am running several EA's from the MQL VPS. Many low value trades go through each day. I wanted to track the performance of each EA but I cannot sort the Trade History on MT4 by EA Identity (magic number). Is there somewhere else I can see the trades sorted/filtered by EA? The only way
A timer within a EA that loads all watch symbols and supposed to weeds out the ones I dont want: Sorts the List and displays the data    list.Sort(sortVar);   posY++;   list.displayData(var,posY,sortVar); the timer void:...
I've written a few EAs which access various chart objects - eg a text label "BUY" generated by an indicator. BUT, it seems that when migrated to MQL VPS my EA can't access the objects, and looks like the indicator is not even uploaded to the server. I tested this by placing a simple text label on a