Strategy tester and Corona Virus

Hello traders,

During the confinement, the AMF (French regulator for trading) disallow to trade SHORT on the France 40 (CAC40) indice.

Because of that, my broker unactivate the sell for France 40 and in MT4, even in the strategy tester we cannot sell (OrderSend error 133) for all sell.

I'm building a strategy, I'm not trading, so I need my robot to be able to short the market in the strategy tester.

Is there a way or a trick to bypass this restriction please ?

Thanks

Please post in the correct section in future.
I will move this to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

Janfi-trading:

Hello traders,

During the confinement, the AMF (French regulator for trading) disallow to trade SHORT on the France 40 (CAC40) indice.

Because of that, my broker unactivate the sell for France 40 and in MT4, even in the strategy tester we cannot sell (OrderSend error 133) for all sell.

I'm building a strategy, I'm not trading, so I need my robot to be able to short the market in the strategy tester.

Is there a way or a trick to bypass this restriction please ?

Thanks

You can verify in Symbol specification. It might have "Trade disabled" state.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/145704

You can "workaround" it by looking for other not-disabled symbol with similiar specification and use this symbol instead.
In the strategy tester you can rename history file.
Make sure your Terminal is disconnected from network during backtest so that your renamed history file is not updated.

Example: 
- you have CAC40 history files updated in StrategyTester for the time period you want to backtest.
- assuming symbol X has similiar specification like CAC40
- then rename CAC40 history files in StrategyTester to become X history files.
- you can now backtest using symbol X instead of CAC40, but actually you're using CAC40 history data.

Got it ?
ugly hack, but it shall work.

Good luck.

Hello Soewono Effendi

Thank you for replying and for the trick

The history files you talk about are the .fxt ?

Soewono Effendi
Soewono Effendi
  • www.mql5.com
Trader's profile

Janfi-trading:

Hello Soewono Effendi

Thank you for replying and for the trick

The history files you talk about are the .fxt ?

yes, which is generated by StrategyTester from .hst files.
good luck