MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 320

We are working on tools for calculating potential draws on grid systems. We need a dynamic calculator in spreadsheet format or the formulas to build in excel, which can be then coded to mql - it needs to account for spread, pip value, and new orders which would be opened if price moves. This is not
How to calculate the maximal draw down truely ? Where Max draw down is based on Equity or balance ? Why the rules: MaximalDrawDown = Max of (Maximal Peak - next Minimal Peak); and  MaxDrawDown % = MaxDrawDown / its MaxPeak * 100% ;why these rules are differents of the max drawdown displayed on...
Dear Mladen, MrTools, and others. I am a little frustrated because the search function is so unproductive that I have decided ask for assistance. I am looking for a chart pattern recognition indicator - such as flags, triangles etc. Also if you have some advice on how best to use the search function...
I need help to create a EA who can work with indicator : Automatical Fibonacci level. How need to work : Indcator show a sell position or a buy position . Ea need to set Instant execution on fibonacci levels .If price hit one level in fibonacci indicator , the ea set instant execution , for example
Help! I'm new to MT4 and have been looking on the net for any information to help me get started writing EAs and indicators, etc, and I can't find much in these more advanced areas. Can I ask everybody out there ... how did you get started in MT4? Did you come from a computer programming...
Hello, Im looking something like in CTrader but for MT4. In CTrader is option called "Aggregated" which sums all positions open in any direction. It helps when you have build pyramid from few trades. And you need one look and you know that you are already on profit or loss from all positions. Anyone
Hello World! Could anyone give me some advice or a clue on how to get my breakeven functionto work? Not asking for anyone to fix my code as I respect you all and there are no slaves here. :) Here is my attempt. Just trying to create a function that will move the stop-loss to break-even. Pretty sure
Hello, I'm a newbee in MQL4 coding. I'd like to set the EA to wait for X seconds (by input) after the last candle [1] closed (regardless of the time frame) before placing order. Could anyone help me on how to write the code for this condition? Thanks and Regards
Hello, I have a problem with the strategy tester on which I have no idea about the reason. It simply does not use least timeframes to generate ticks on Gold only. All the data are there on all timeframes and it's good data coming from Quant data manager. Recently, I was working on an EA as a tool
  ERROR 112  (6)
hi guys i have this error hunting me in mql4 , i tried searching for some solution' but found no luck i tried to compile it again in new terminal and and new computer as some one commented but found no luck can any body please help me
Hi, it looks i am struggling to find the answer. Searched over and over, but with no success. I have same EA running on two charts EURUSD,same period. I need the second EA to execute trade with 20 secs delay from the first one. I use: void Sleep( int 20000 // interval ); 1.Is it correct
Probably a long shot because mt4 docs says no. But still is there any way this could be done
hello guys,i can't see my review tab i just see the add comment one but the add review disable can you help me to figure out how to review some ea thnx
Hello There I I am new to coding ! I`ve been developing my EA But I`m geting this error 'Ask' - function not defined ! The code is This if(OrderSelect(s,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)) if(OrderMagicNumber()== MagicNumber) if(OrderType()==OP_SELL) if(OrderOpenPrice()-Ask> MoveToBreakeven*pips)
how to get current total pips in all open trades? mql4 and mt4 for a 5 digit broker let's say 1st order has opened at 1.00005 and now it's on 1.00025, and second order has opened at 1.00015 and now at 1.00035, then I want a code to get the current total pips of both trades which is +40, how to do...
Hi, I'm using MT4 and recently I have a program that I create an EA and when I try to test it on MT4 I dosen't increases test speed, I just sit and watch the test at a normal speed and i don`t have another option only to stop testing ... my question is: where do I increase the speed or where to
Dear all Does any one know how to teach EA to define consolidation? or if it is impossible, how to handle it if your system will generate signal in consolidation? Thanks for your reply in advance. Wing
hello, i need help with my program indicator on Metaeditor about alert, i have some error with alert mode someone can help me thanks
Why is this ea not opening any trades when all the parameters are reached. I wish to combine this ea with my other ea but can not figure out the problem with the code. Original code from here: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=325991 I fixed all the warnings in original ea but still it
I have just protect the indicator with password key. extern string Password = "The password";void OnTick(){ if( Password != "The password" ) { Comment("The password is wrong."); return; } ///Main code///// } But if I use this code, I can not read indicator buffer signal. It
my expert to send message do not work anymore from yesterday some got some news
Hi, I have a problem with calling member functions. They seem to be called as regular functions and do not modify struct member variables. The reason for this could be my "vector" array wrapper. ``` template < typename T > struct vector { vector() {} vector(int arraySize) { if (arraySize < 0)
Hi, I would like to ask the forum the forum the following: In an indicator in the Init block code, I have added some code to test the accountnumber, AccountCompany & IsDemo if the accountnumber,AccountCompany & IsDemo are equal to their preset values then the indicator Starts else it doesnt start....
Please anyone know if there is a version of this indicator that does not repaint?
Hi, I downloaded the fabulous SuperTrend indicator a while ago right here: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8268 Now, I made a EA and I'm trying to test it, made a "tester" template with the SuperTrend indicator on it, but unfortunately it doesn't look good. Since a picture tells a thousand, as you can
Hi guys! I would like some help coding an expert doing the following: at daily open, take pos towards pivot. if possible adding if previous days pivot was not hit. Double the size
I am using MT4 strategy tester. I write an EA and an indicator. I will call the indicator within my EA by using double returnVal = iCustom(Symbol(), PERIOD_M5, "IndicatorName", IndicatorParam01, IndicatorParam02, channel, index); This works in live trading but no in tester. In the strategy tester, I
I knew how to create object trendline,vertical or horizontal line using price and time, but how can I do it using coordinates? I want to draw trendline using 2 coordinate. thank you
[Deleted]
  PlaySound and Alert  (18   1 2)
I'm trying to produce some alerting mechanisms in my EA and ran across some funnybehavior. When I use the Alert function and the PlaySound function together, then the Alert function seems to supercede the PlaySound function,which doesn't kick off. So, as an example, if I have the following 3...
Hello! A total MQL programming newbie here. I decided to create my first custom indicator in MQL4 based on pin bars. When i finished the writing and compiled the code everything was allright, but when i decided to use it on chart i got the message in expert chart: 2020.02.06 14:33:38.665 Custom