MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 289

Ok so Im relatively new to making " checkpoints " as in first condition is met and THEN the next one is met and this is what I have so far //--- main loop for ( int i = limit- 1 ; i >= 0 ; i--) { if (i >= MathMin ( 5000 - 1 , rates_total- 1 - 50 )) continue ; //omit some old rates to
I have the following code to prevent a new order from being generated when one is already placed. Any idea why additional trades still follow... int CheckForOpen() { bool Result; int t,Pos,Error; int Total= OrdersTotal (); int OrdersTotalMagicOpen= 0 ; if (Total> 0 )
Hi, I use a VPS and when I click on the tab Market into my MT4, I can wait 15 to 20 minutes before the display of the EA pictures into the tab. Same thing if I use the search field into the tab Market. How to fix this problem
Can anyone please help me solve my EA trade modification error. The EA works fine but the error messages are driving me crazy trying to solve. please see the attached file for the EA
[Deleted]
I have been using several different trading styles based on the recommendations I have seen for using Trailing Stops. This discussion is intended to be strategy validation and programming based on the strategies. The discussion is focused on limitations and functions in MetaTrader 4. There are a few...
Is there a way to sort the accounts in the accounts tree in MT4, I would like to have mine in alphabetical order of server name
[Deleted]
  Invalid price???  (9)
I'm now back to programming MT4 - after all the changes the NFA/CFTC put in our way, and now a very odd thing is happening with build 402 -- every so often (enough that this needs to be addressed) I get 129 errors (Invalid Price) - here's a print showing the price used and the current bid/ask: 02:42...
Hi My EA has used the icustom function to bring in the ZigZag values that i need. However the optimization testing takes forever. In an attempt to speed the optimisation up, I believe the EA may work quicker if I integrate the Zigzag indicator into my EA directly. (I hope that is accurate) to that
Hi, I have an EA that displays information about the pair that it is attached to and I would like the EA to reboot when I open a new chart so that it shows information for the new pair. How can I achieve this? Thanks in advance
hello Im using MT4 on MacBook, I would to download a session indicator. unfortunately I can not find and I don't know how to install Thanks for your help
Hi all, when I'm trying to modify my order an error message popped up and tells me about order modify error 4108. I search the web for the error but everything seems revolve in looping while my code doesn't use any looping. Anyone knows where the problem is? void OnTick (){ double EMA1 =
Hey guys, Is it posible to place your function parameters to an array like this? int My_Function( int a, int b, int c) { int myArray[ 3 ] = {a, b, c} } Im not really sure if it's possible coz I'm getting an error
Hi,  I have a problem can you help me please. I have downloaded historical quotes for this month and I import it to the MT4 platform, when I'm looking back on my platform, I see that the quotes is on the mt4 platform but When I'm doing backtesting, the tester use only one day (01/12/2016) even if...
Hi, I have opened a micro account where 1 micro lot equals 0.01 Lots. How can I calculate 1 PIPS value of EURUSD for opened 0.01 Lot position in USD? And how can I calculate the value of 1 PIPS/Points into USD for the other currency pairs? Is there any function on Meta Trader 4 ? MarketInfo()...
website can analyse mt4 statement report to see trading activity of your demo account for an EA
Hi, I need a help. I have an indicator which plots three horizontal lines automatically. I want it to display the price on the horizontal line. Can someone tell me what is the code for the same
hi guys is correct write in this mode?? long RslTime ; int ManyTime= 2 ; RslTime = Hour()*ManyTime;
Hi all, I'm coding an EA that locks into a custom indicator to give me signals and i want to include a if function which says to not to open anymore positions if the price of the new positions is equal or inside of a price range of another position. For example EUR/USD I have a sell order at: 1.1000
Hi sometimes MT4 update is failing on replacing "terminal.exe" (but successfully update metaeditor.exe file), I presume because the updater is closing the current terminal.exe before replacing files, and due to timing reasons the old "terminal.exe" file is still locked, preventing the update to
Hi all, When you develop on MQL4 on weekends and you need to test trading functions of it (opening, closing orders, etc), how do you do it? I know, that on MQL5 you can do testing on historical data, but I am stuck with MQL 4 (large project) and need a solution for MQL 4. May be there is a way to
Hi all, I tried to backtest my EA and below is the result. Anyone knows why the message tells me that I don't have enough money even though I have money (of course I have cause this is demo account) and secondly why the free margin is -20500? 2020.06 . 01 13 : 51 : 09.500 2020.04 . 01 10 : 17 : 20
Hello guys, I have a problem that I can't find solution for. I've created an expert advisor ane everything works fine as I wanted but strange thing happens when I change the chart interval. When I change interval for the first time after EA was added to the chart it works fine - EA is uninitialized
  Indicators  (1)
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me as I am new to this market. I have planned me strategy to begin trading and downloaded MT4 along with setting up with a broker but I am finding it hard to find the correct indicators I want to use. How do I find Volume at Price indicators as well as the
  indicator  (1)
hi guys im looking for chandelier ton update indicator plz help i cant find it to my mt4
  Expert Advisor  (2)
My EA when launched works on some broker MT4 and doesn't work on other Broker's MT4 platform.Pls what could be responsible for this,and what do I do
First off, I'm really new to coding so I apologize if my code is messy and inefficient. That said, my long-term goal is to create an EA that will identify and eventually trade divergence. So, my only goal right now is just to create a script to do a tiny part. When other variables line up, that's
Hi guys, I have a question. I wanted to ask, what data is showing MT4 in the normal trading window and how far (date) and real is the data shown there?. When you open a new symbol and chart, it instantly shows the data of the market and its price, now I want to backtest a strategy which involves
  Symbol suffix .r  (2)
My MT4 has stopped working for no apparent reason. I notice that the vast majority of the symbols now have the suffix '.r' Something has gone wrong but I can not imagine what. Can anyone help me
[Deleted]
Does anyone know how to install and run MT4 using Parallels Desktop for mac? Thanks cloud bank
Hi, please help. What is the simplest and easiest way to call a function contingent to a once off trigger/ condition? For example say that the price hits a certain target and I want to call a function based on this trigger. What I have so far: void Trailing(){ //Some variables, For loop and