MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 288

i'm new and hung out somewhere. I would be glad if you help. If the close price is up to 20 higher than my active end position, I would like to reopen new position. How can I assign my last active position price to a variable? and "If the last candle closing price has increased at least 20 from my
Hi,I have to get the oscillator value of the previous bar (oscillator [1]), do I have to generate an array first? Can anyone tell me the syntax? Thanks for your help
  position size  (1)
hi can anyone help me find a good position size calculator for MT4 for forex i have purchased one th at didnt work and i am so disappointed
Hell everybody, here is my question: Is there a difference between terminal start (with a chart template which contains my indicator) and an indicator start (drag n drop from indicator list into the chart) ? The background is I made an indicator which should convert the price of a horizontal line in
So, I get this error in strategy tester mt4: Beside of the error, the strategy tester works really fine. But I'm afraid if I using this code in real account, this error would disrupt the trading. Can someone help me to fix this? This is the code I write: extern int Magic1 = 100 ; extern int
I have a problem. When i started to write my EA i found a serious problem: all indicators were working right less iCCI I tested macd, rsi, stoch, .... and i did over m1, m5, m15, m30,... i was checking real values and BT and all them works perfectly, but cci no. On pic i show a example. Bottom is BT
Hello, traders! This is my first forum post on this forum but I really need this one. I'm having pretty peculiar trouble with the function MathAbs int MQL4. It returns a NEGATIVE number. I have two edits of the particular line and it still returns negative. Here it is. The original one: LotSize =...
  1 Errors Message  (7)
Example I want total sum for loop show 1,2,3,4 total = 1+2+3+4 = 10 It show error int p= 1 ; int z= 3 ; int t= 0 ; for (p; p<=z; p++) { Print (p); t=p+p Print (t); } 'Print' - some operator expected squarecomment.mq4 123 4
I have a suggestion to add Horizontal Array Line in MT4 as drawing tool similar to drawing tools on Tradingview chart. I don't always want to use horizontal line
#property copyright "Copyright 2016, MetaQuotes Software Corp."#property version   "1.00"#property strict#property show_inputsenum Operation{   buy=OP_BUY,    //BUY   sell=OP_SELL,   //SELL};extern double Lots=1;           //Specify position size, this is ignored if you use the Risk %extern double...
I recently downloaded the OANDA_Orderbook2.ex4 Expert Advisor program in MT4, but it immediately shuts the application down when I enable the "Allow import DLLs" setting (for the required v20-fxlabs.dll file). I read through the installation instructions provided in OANDA's guide, and did everything
Please refer to the screenshot below. The profit is printed with OrderProfit()  once detecting OrderClose(...) returns "true". There's no problem with back testing. During the live test, you can see OrderProfit() of a closed order was printed in the experts log as "1.40".  However, the accurate...
Hi all, I have a code to calculate a lot size. This code should calculate how much lot size I will buy or sell depending on the max risk percentage that I put. this is the code to calculate lot size. double OptimalLotSize( double maxRiskPrc, int maxLossInPips){ double accEquity = AccountEquity();
Hi all, Is there any way to partially modify an order? Specifically, I place orders with attached S/L and T/P but after some time and as new calculations are been made in the EA I want to modify only the S/L and keep the initial T/P as is. Calculations of levels and modification of orders are took
I have no idea string that warning I try TimeToStr or String or Int..... not working string period = ( Period ()); int ip= 0 ; switch (ip) { case PERIOD_M1 : period="M1" ; break ; case PERIOD_M5 : period="M5" ; break ; case PERIOD_M15 : period="M15" ; break ; case
[Deleted]
Hi, All my charts are not updated, they still stay at the data of Aug 13. Can anyone tell me how to update the charting of my MetaTrader 4? Thanks in advance. helen
Hi. I'm working on a EA where we start to see if it's possible to have more then one order triggered if the same trigger happens before we change trend. The code was first made to only do one order at a time with this: total = OrdersTotal (); //This is regular program buy or sell signal if
  Please help me!  (4)
I have a problem with this expert.The tests showed a very good performance.In visual mode works perfectly.The problem is that when I put on the charts constantly opens and closes trades.I would be very grateful if anyone can fix this problem
hello im testing a EA that has timeframe configs , once i got very good results backtesting but when i checked my settings the strategy testers 's TF settings was set to H4 but my EA's config was trading on m30 TF! so im wondering what happens exactly in this situation? if i set TF on both side on
Hi, I am running an exercise to close a position 20 candles after a MA Crossover . The code is made of 3 blocks, the 1st to open the trade, the 2nd to count the bars since the last MA crossover, and the 3rd to close the position. This code doesn't work and the position is closed immediately
Hi, I get this error "Tester: exchange rate cannot be calculated" when trying to backtest indexes such as _DJI on Alpari. This error doesn't occur on Forex, Futures or CFD just indexes. I saw that this error was mentioned in the old forum (in Russian) and using Google translate I somehow understood...
Hi, I've recently opened an account with the broker Eurotrader and installed MT4, for some reason I cannot see the one click trading option even after enabling it. As you'll see here it's not there when I right click nor is there a little drop down where it would usually be
I have an EA file (ex4) however I cant move it onto MT4. it wont show when I try to move and when I go to open the file it comes up with places it tries to open in (internet explorer, MT4 platform etc.) but just fails and puts me back at square one. the file is different to other EAs that are
Thank you in advanced
Hey guys i'm new to coding and I was not able to find this anywhere. Anyways I need a code for EA that places a buy when/if price moves 50 pips up and sell when/if price move 50 pips down , also make it changeable in expert properties. Make it work for pairs that have 1 digit dec place , 2 digit , 3
Hello everyone, I am trying to set font style for an object label like italic? I found TextSetFont() function, but not sure how to use it with OBJ_LABEL. Thank you in advance.
hi guys , suppose i have a script , and i want run it only one time in period example if i set M30 at a start of 14.30 start after restart at 15.00, but if i set M15 start at 14.30and after 14.45 , one time , how is possible do that ? exist some library at_start_period( ) ??? thankz
Hello, Do you have any idea on how to send a ping to a signal provider in order to get the latency? I have found this in mql5 forum: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/299500 The problem is that I do not find this information in my journal TAB when I subscribe to a signal (MT4). I also need to eventually
[Deleted]
Hi, ocassionally my EA encounters error=132 or error=2 when OrderSend. What exactly do they mean? ("market is closed" & "common error") Is it EA related? and if so, what kind of mistake in the EA could cause this error and how to deal with it? with many thanks in advance.
  Floating market parameters  (79   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
There is a picture like this: What methodology can extrapolate a series like this? Could someone put this into a neural network for an experiment