Download MetaTrader 5

MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 287

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hi Does anyone know of a open source news filter indicator that is easy to use and call it (using iCustom function)? it should be able to consider high impact / medium impact news and also those Speak news. I know of FFCal but it is too confusing, and I couldn't find the right way of calling it...
Is anyone able to help and advise why this consolidated position indicator (from http://www.informedtrades.com/blogs/3d_fx/2492-consolidated-position-indicator-mt4.html) when a position is partially closed, does not include the remaining open position in the calculation? and if so, suggest what...
Hi, Need help for some basic programming here. Im currently using an EA. I would like to be notified through Push Notification in MT4 once the EA open or close a trade. Any idea how to do this? It doesnt have to be incorporated into the EA, as long its workable.
Hello, I'm trying to build a relatively simple EA that should log: a) All trades that have been closed (either manually or by TP/SL); b) Time, open, high, low and close data for bars between trade entry and trade exit. I have attempted to use the CopyTime, High etc. functions, and assign the data...
The 80-20s http://www.forexmt4.com/_MT4_Systems%20Documentation/80-20%27S%20from%20Street%20Smarts%20-%20High%20Probability%20Short%20Term%20Trading%20Strategies%28Raschke%20&%20Connors%29.pdf Now my question can someone programm an indicator (MT4) for the daily chart who can mark such Days with a...
Hi All,  I would like to highlight specific trading hours on my MT4 platform, Does anyone know what setting I need to use? Thanks in advance  Roman  
  Ordersend error (10)
Hello freinds, Here is a part  of my code:             OrderSendResult = OrderSend(SymbolArray[i],OP_BUY,UseLots,MarketInfo(SymbolA,MODE_ASK),Slippage,0,0,"Adding to a long pos",MagicNumber,Blue);             if (OrderSendResult <= 0) Print("OrderSend  ",SymbolArray[i],"  failed with error #"...
I'm racking my brain about this and can't quite figure it out. How can I go about checking to see if a chart is open or not?  And if it's not open, open it?   Thanks. 
  Strategy HELP (2)
Please help me interpret this strategy.    Open buy rule:   ((iMomentum(NULL,0,+1,PRICE_CLOSE,0)<iMomentum(NULL,0,0,PRICE_CLOSE,0))&&(iMA(NULL,0,1,1,MODE_SMA,PRICE_TYPICAL,0)<iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0))) Open sell rule:   ((iMA(NULL,0,1,1,MODE_SMA,PRICE_TYPICAL,0)>iMA(NULL,0,3,0...
SackMyCook
Two tests, different brokers, same robot, same spread, both performed with MT4 not connected. I appreciate broker's prices vary as do their swaps. Why such a big difference in result? SymbolEURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)PeriodDaily (D1) 2012.01.02 00:00 - 2015.01.02 00:00 (2012.01.01 - 2015.01...
Hello, around one year ago I could make an EA work on an offline chart. But now I see it's not working anymore. After checking I see there is no tick data coming on the offline chart to trigger the EA to run start() function or onTick() function. Maybe this feature has been changed since the...
Hi, Question as above? I tried some code here. but it shows many error! can anyone show me exact example to use enum? i tried search googling, no use? enum CurrencyEnum  {   EUR,     USD,     GBP,    AUD,   Something_else  // Other currencies     };  extern CurrencyEnum currency = EUR;
Sombody tell me I can use the below calculation formula get the value of OrderProfit() (OrderClosePrice()-OrderOpenPrice())*OrderLots()*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE)/Point So I test it in a EA file.         profit=OrderProfit();...
I have seen that Awesome Oscillator is calculated by subtracting 34 SMA from 5 SMA. Is this the same as i am placing a 5 SMA on main chart and then placing a 34 SMA applied to 5 SMA (applied to previous indicator's data). if it is not then how to exactly code 2 moving averages where e.g; 200 SMA...
Vojtech Slavinsky
Hello,  How I get actual closes prices from differnt periods in strategy. E.g. from m1 and m5 and m30.   Thank you. 
From admin's account , in admin module we can add deposit funds or with draw fund from user account ,do we have Api for deposit or with draw funds  from user 's account     Many thanks   
When specifying width, the documentation states that an integer value can be passed as a parameter:  If an asterisk (*) is specified as width, value of int type must be indicated in the corresponding place of the list of passed parameters. It will be used for specifying width of the output value....
Hi, Does anyone here knows or have ever use shell32.dll because when i tried it it always return an error "Cannot call 'shell32.dll::ShellExecuteW', 'shell32.dll' is not loaded". #importint ShellExecuteW(int hWnd,int lpVerb,string lpFile,string lpParameters,string lpDirectory,int...
Hello, How do you make an indicator autoscroll? I use this indicator that calculates a moving average angle but I need to refresh it al the time.   What do I need to change/add so that it will automatically update on new tics/bars ? Thanks    
Hello All, I've put together a custom indicator and built an EA off of it.  Below are the results of a strategy test and I'm looking for comments on whether or not these number are good enough to start trading live and automatically or should I be looking for better numbers in a strategy test...
I have used the attached EA file to do the back test. Symbol: USDJPY Model:Every tick Use date: check  From:2013.01.01  To:2013.01.31 Period:M1 Spread:Current When I checked the log file, there were something which I don't understand. Here is a part of the log file. 0 14:05:59.823 TestGenerator:...
Hi, Can anyone help on how MT4 calculate the Exposure of each symbol on the new exposure tab? Thanks, Eyal. 
Is there a way to "batch" enter arrows onto a chart?   say from and excel spread sheet. Or is the only way to excruciatingly put them in one at a time, or wait for the extreemly slow process of the visual mode?   The tester spits out in a short time all the orders etc. in a nice report that can be...
Any suggestions for me? I cannot extract the setup file for MT4 on my macbook air. Thanks, Lorraine
Hi, This morning a new editor b1035 was installed and caused immediatly many problems: My Defines.mqh-file (only 163 lines!!) compiles with no Errors in the old editor b996 and terminal b745 (broker 1) this morning: 'Defines.mqh'    Defines.mqh    1    1 'Errors.mqh'    Errors.mqh    1    1 0...
    if (iCCI(NULL, PERIOD_D1,14,PRICE_OPEN,1) > 100) Does this look correct? I have a feeling that the 100 will be referenced from the timeframe the EA is running on rather than d1?
Hello to everyone!   I don't know how to solve this problem....   void CreateIndi()  {   string  Valuta;   double  Apertura,Prezzo,Percent;   int     B=0,Divisore=1;   double  Percentuale[];   double  NumeroValuta[];      ArrayResize(Percentuale,SymbolsTotal(StrumentiWatchList));...
hey can metatrade provide user 's deposit and withdrawal option many thanks
  add balance (3)
i wan to add further balance in account info in mql ,how we can do this
When using OrderModify() to set the values of "takeprofit" and "stoploss", should I suppose the "takeprofit" or the "stoploss" is an Ask price or a Bid price for an existing long and short orders respectively?