local bar time

Hello, hoping someone might be able to advise me on this.

I am wondering if there is a way of showing your local time zone (in addition to broker time) when you hover the cursor over a bar on MT4.

I have found clocks that will display local and broker time and GMT etc for the current bar, but am yet to find a way to show the adjusted time when looking at completed bars while back testing.

I actually use 2 different brokers which have different GMT offsets and when you throw in daylight savings considerations, it can become rally confusing trying to quickly locate a specific time.

Example: 10am in Melbourne Australia is 18:00 on the previous day in new york, 01:00 on the current day on one of my platforms and 23:00 on the previous day on another MT4 platforms

Finding a way to simply put the cursor over a completed bar on the chart and show a local time would be very helpful (even in the Data Window perhaps?)

Any assistance appreciated

Regards

Dave

pullend:

I am wondering if there is a way of showing your local time zone (in addition to broker time) when you hover the cursor over a bar on MT4.

No support for a mouse and mt4 only displays broker time.

david:

Hello, hoping someone might be able to advise me on this.

I have found clocks that will display local and broker time and GMT etc for the current bar, but am yet to find a way to show the adjusted time when looking at completed bars while back testing.

I actually use 2 different brokers which have different GMT offsets and when you throw in daylight savings considerations, it can become rally confusing trying to quickly locate a specific time.

Example: 10am in Melbourne Australia is 18:00 on the previous day in new york, 01:00 on the current day on one of my platforms and 23:00 on the previous day on another MT4 platforms

Finding a way to simply put the cursor over a completed bar on the chart and show a local time would be very helpful (even in the Data Window perhaps?)

Any assistance appreciated

Regards

Dave

Yes there is a way to do this!

You will need to use buffers, if you are unfamiliar with those i suggest you look up some youtube tutorials.

Simply for every new bar, set that buffer index to TimeLocal() and when you hover the mouse over it you'll see it in the data window! Good luck :)

Reason: