MT4-Java API - page 8

Hello all,

I am a pretty good programmer however, I cannot seem to find where to begin with this API. I looked at examples and tried running them, read through the entire forum, and tried calling multiple methods but I am having zero luck.

The "MT4 Terminal Java API.pdf" lacks detailed information. 

Is anyone able to provide a guideline on how to implement this API properly from download to execution?

I keep getting null pointer exceptions as well as "no appenders could be found for logger (com.jfx.strategy.Strategy)" & "Please initialize the log4j system properly"...

I downloaded the zips, added the libraries to my application and tried to use basic methods such as accountName, accountSize etcetera. This is when I get the null pointer exceptions...

I did this all by overriding the coordinate method as the instructions say too. However, I am having much difficulty figuring out how to implement this API correctly. 

A step by step guide would be nice.

I am running windows 10 and using Netbeans IDE... I have both Java 64 bit and 32

Thank you in advanced to any help provided !

Papazig:

Hello all,

I am a pretty good programmer however, I cannot seem to find where to begin with this API. I looked at examples and tried running them, read through the entire forum, and tried calling multiple methods but I am having zero luck.

The "MT4 Terminal Java API.pdf" lacks detailed information. 

Is anyone able to provide a guideline on how to implement this API properly from download to execution?

I keep getting null pointer exceptions as well as "no appenders could be found for logger (com.jfx.strategy.Strategy)" & "Please initialize the log4j system properly"...

I downloaded the zips, added the libraries to my application and tried to use basic methods such as accountName, accountSize etcetera. This is when I get the null pointer exceptions...

I did this all by overriding the coordinate method as the instructions say too. However, I am having much difficulty figuring out how to implement this API correctly. 

A step by step guide would be nice.

I am running windows 10 and using Netbeans IDE... I have both Java 64 bit and 32

Thank you in advanced to any help provided !

if you go here http://www.nj4x.com you'll get the latest version (2.8.6) which runs in Java 9 and is significantly easier to setup. I've spend last few days trying to get the 1.2.4 version on this thread working.

After yiou download the 2.8.6 version

Make sure your JAVA_HOME is Java 9

Modify DemoAccount.java with your demo account details

/bin/start run_terminal_server.bat - in the new version this spins up a UI which is much more user friendly. It down loads a bunch of stuff from google drive for server connections to different brokers which you probably dont need.

/examples/EXAMPLES.BAT - run this and compilation and execution of the samples will run sending java code to MT4

the examples will pause when the examples which listen for the EA on MT4 to progress you'll need to install it using the instructions you'll find previously in this thread (basically copy the jfx.ea4 file to experts and the DLLs to Library folder) then drop the EA onto a chart - this will casuse the EXAMPLES.BAT above to then continue.

there is a readme.txt with compilation instructions using cmd javac

play around with the samples in EXAMPLES.BAT and you should be on you're way.

Forex trading Java / .Net API
Forex trading Java / .Net API
  • Copyright © www.nj4x.com 2009-2020
  • www.nj4x.com
Service Providers use it to ... Build WEB platforms for Forex traders across different brokers. Design mobile Forex applications. Provide various Forex account copier capabilities. Establish advanced WEB/mobile interfaces to the Broker's trading servers. Implement highly scalable distributed cloud trading applications. Individuals can Develop...
Reason: