MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 157

Unbalanced Parenthesis  (16   1 2)
I know it's boering to find but I have unbalanced left parenthesis error in my script here is the module I've been working on - I know there is not ticket management to know witch ea does the trades or manual trading that's how I want it -This is an order management script to do sorta a martingale
I'm attempting to create a simple panel on the chart with an EA. It's my first time to create one by the way. My first step was to create a simple rectangular object but it doesn't seem to show up in the chart when the EA is initialized. I could create buttons and labels but the rectangular object
I am new to forex trading and I have been trying to familiarize myself with the features of the MT4 platform. However, from the start till now I have been unable to execute a trade. When I click on the new order tab, the following attachment is what I always encounter. It would be great if i could
double FirstOrderInfo(string Info,int type =-1) { for(int i =OrdersTotal() -1 ; i>=0; i--) { if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)) if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber && (OrderType()==type ||type==-1)) { if(Info=="Type") return (OrderType()); if(Info=="Price") return
I wanted to know if there were shortcut keys specific to strategy tester functions: start/stop testing PAUSE testing I'm particularly interested in the pause testing shortcut, without having to click the mouse.
hey every one i want if conditions is true , open " just " one position(ex one buy) and when condition is good for sell open just one sell. i would be really grateful if you could help me
Hi, I want to install MT4 so I click "MT4 download" and it gives me "mt4setup.exe" as expected but running this installs MT5. Any ideas anyone? Thanks
  Elite indicators links thread  (55   1 2 3 4 5 6)
It is the thread to download good elite section indicators mainly developed for elite section and for public sections as well.
Happy coding. I'm new to Mql4 and coding in general, but I'm learning at a rapid rate via the mql4 documentation. My question refers to Methods inside of Classes via "public" access. As referring to mql4 documentation, there seems to be no listed source on how to properly instantiate a Method into a
[Deleted]
Hello I have a SendMail function set up in an MQH file. Having added to the content of the email body, compiled it and initialised it, the updated contents of the email body is just not showing, it's as if its completely ignoring any changes made. The EA file is connected to the MQH file via an
Good day, I need some help please. I want the button to stay the way it is when the time frame is changed. #property indicator_chart_window #include <Controls\Button.mqh> CButton TrendButton; int OnInit () { TrendButton.Create ( 0 , "TrendButton" , 0 , 1460 , 62 , 1540 , 82 );
i have vps linux centos Operating System how to install metatrade ?
with MT4, I'm trying to create a custom indicator that, once I placed RSI indicator, put on it also the MA indicator. Manually I add RSI chart indicator, then 1) I drag&drop MA indicator and select Apply to: First indicator's data and then I click OK. 2) Then I reopen in editing this MA and change...
On Strategy Tester I have a hard time accessing global variables from an EA calling a custom indicator that set them , Is it supposed to work
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| tst.mq4 | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ #property version "1.00" #property strict void OnTick () { barCalculations();
when I try to open metaeditor the platform locks up for about 30 seconds then just continues running. Can someone solve this problem? Thanks for your help
In 1335 and previous versions my EA compiled and ran fine on the terminal with no errors while running on compiling. Now after updating today, when attempting to add my EA to any chart I get 'global initialization failed' with no compile errors in build 1340. I've tried wiping the installation
Is this a new ploy by MetaQuotes to force everyone to MT5? For what it's worth I'd love to only have to use MT5 and not 4, but many BROKERS don't support MT5 yet, and that's very frustrating. Dear MetaQuotes: if you want us users to all to move to MT5, please figure out how to force all the brokers
[Deleted]
i was having this problem when OptimalLotSize runs it give me a big lot size for btc chart. Instead of a optimal lot size which is somehwere around 0.01-0.05 it gives me a lot size of 84+. So if any one got a answer to this would apricate it alot. BBStrategy code
  SymbolName/Symbol. OrderSend  (12   1 2)
Hello everyone, I'm experiencing problems with the my first part of the code isn't interacting with the second part. How could it be possible to change the String to a OrderSend? // First Part  string Pair;                       // New Symbol  int New_Pair =11;                  // EUR/USD is the...
Hi everyone, I've a strategy using a supertrend indicator. This supertrend indicator have 2 buffer which is supertrend up and supertrend down. // setting up supertrend indicator double supertrendUp( int shift= 0 ) { return iCustom ( Symbol (), PERIOD_CURRENT , "SuperTrend" , 12 , 3 , 0 ,shift);
  Array sort help  (3)
Hi All, I am a new coder since 2 months. i want to ask a question. i want to ascending and descending sorting arrays according to condition. i found this example in mql4 documentation. //--- example of sorting of one dimensional array double num_array[5]={4,1,6,3,9}; //--- now array contains values
Hello cracks, I try to modify the indicator zigzag arrow (or just zigzag) who is awesome for my needs. Maybe you have an idea, as I am lost. My intention: To place buy or sell arrows on certain conditions for example: if(Close[i] > Open[1+i] //Candlestick Close > Candlestick Open Close[1+i]
Hi, I want to know how to make a new line Text label. ObjectCreate ( "label821" +Time[ 0 ], OBJ_TEXT , 0 , TimeCurrent (), High[ 0 ]+ 300 * Point ); ObjectSetText( "label821" +Time[ 0 ], "ABCDE" +profit, 10 , "Helvetica" , Yellow); It shows ABCDE But I want to make is show A B C D E Is there any
Hi all, I have encountered one common problem with some brokers’ mt4 platform on PC. The issue is they tend to hang during first launch of the platform after installation (stuck where a window would show the server selection with the mt4 on the background). The only way to shut the mt4 is with task
i have an EA that perfectly works, the only problem is that when market moves in one direction it will open Big Lots Size and that is risky. I want to control it. So that I want to make an EA that performs these functions: 1- We can set minimum and maximum lots size 2- We can set total buy lots and
Hello, I am tagging the only moderators I am aware of @Keith Watford @MetaQuotes in case William Roeder decides to comment on another one of my questions harassing me and then playing the victim. From what I can see I have multiple people reading my questions but since they keep turning into back
Hi everyone I try create a plain strategy using PSAR and supertrend indicator. this is code for PSAR indicator. if(sar(shift+1)>Bid && sar(shift) < Bid ) > >>> BUY if(sar(shift+1) < Bid && sar(shift)> Bid) >>>> SELL this is code for supertrend indicator (indicator attached). if (supertrendUP(shift+
Hello dears Can you help me I have an expert that creates a text file (.txt) containing DOS commands (cmd). How can an expert convert this file into a batch file (.bat)? I am currently converting the file manually but would like it to be done programmatically by the expert Metatrade 4