MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 164

Help on MathLog  (1)
How do I get log with base 2. There are two options in mt4: 1. MathLog - which return natural log for a number 2. MathLog10 - which return log with base 10 for a value. In my program, I need to get log with base 2. How do I do that? What line of code should i write
[Deleted]
I have problem with finding trading server on my android phone. I am already using that phone for trading and now I want to add another account but I can't find trading server. In my Journal I see information Api: command https://download.mql5.com/cdn/mobile/servers/mt4.dat failed - is maybe that a
Hi all I've written a Zigzag-RSI indicator combining RSI values to standard Zigzag indicator. It works pretty well, except that drawing of RSI values does not update on chart (i.e. indicator window). I want it to be updated in each tick as it is for standard RSI indicator. Here is the code
Hi Forum I have a question, is it possible to create a code on MT4 without it being modifiable or fully visible to other users? The idea would be to sell it to third parties for them to implement. Many thanks in advance
I have written an ea that detects when a trendline is placed on the chart by an indicator. When the EA detects a new line has been placed on the chart it executes a trade function. However i have been trying to backtest in the tester and noticed that my OnChartEvent function will not work and
I just paid this indicator below. The problem is that when you click install on terminal (i believe this is the place to download it nothing happens). Can somebody help me? thank you c
I want to use LWMA (the official LWMA in Custom Moving Averages .mq4) twice with two PERIODS, one short and one long, and those averages will be in 2 buffers, SHORTBUFFER and LONGBUFFER, to print them. BUT, LWMA has a "static int" and so the results of the first SHORTBUFFER are messed up. The
Hello! I have an EA that is ready for the market place, however I can’t seem to pass EA validation. Would someone here be willing to help? Thank you!! Here are the errors from validation test on EURUSD,H1 tester takes too long time 2020.04.01 00:00:00 Forexxtrem_SR_EA_v2.5 EURUSD,H1: OrderSend error
Hi, Just bought an indicator from the Terminal but cant figure out how to activate it in Mt4. It's already installed. Looked everywhere for info on this but can't find any... Cheers. 
Hi I am running multiple accounts on VPS, is there any trick or suggestions to keep them optimize to run in the best conditions
Hi, so i have a trading strategy and i really2 want to turn it into EA... i will pay you guys... please message me i'll explain more there. Thank you
Hi, got that message, just like that. 1. Compile with 1330, execute with 1330 - works 2. Compile with 1330, execute with 1340 - works 3. Compile with 1340, execute with 1340 - error I found this topic already with a very much older version of MT4, but not recently. We talk about <> 125.000 lines of
Hello, I've tried to code a function that will make my EA take only 1 trade at specific time: 01:05 AM. This is the code that I've typed but it doesn't work and I'm not sure why. int counter = 0 ; if (Hour()== 1 && Minute()== 10 && Seconds()== 0 ) counter = 0 ; if ((Hour()== 1 && Minute()== 5
[Deleted]
This MT4 seems to have more bugs than any Microsoft software todate. I've got the same demo account, the same history files, the same EA and the same run time values on 2 different computers, my desktop and my laptop, and get net values for a 1 year backtest that have as much as $40,000+ difference....
Hello, I did a lot of research to understand what was the meaning of the different key indicators in the reports. So I understood the calculation methods well but I still do not know if I should choose the result with the best profit factor? or Profit? and how to be sure of the resulting data? Is
hi I build an ea and let it run on strategytester in MT4. What me strikes is that when i do exact the same backtests (so same period, same settings, same fixed spread et cetera) i get different results! Even when directly after a testrun is finished i do 'start' again. So no new history files or
Hi, Is there a way to easily look at all MT4 account specific date Profit and lost in 1 place ? If having 5 to 10 account and go to account or trade history will be much hassle. So i am curious will it an easier way to run a profit report from all account at once? Thank you
  Call ATR in EA  (6)
Hello guys! I am trying to add a buy/sell condition to my EA. As if buy/Sell only if ATR(1)<ATR(14). So I have called atr indicator into my EA, add the condition but my EA will not care about this condition. What am I doing wrong? input int InpAtrPer= 14 ; input int InpAtr= 1 ; / / / double ATR1=
Help me edit the EA. If Number of Trades = 1, profit = 20, If Number of Trades > 1, profit = 1. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| demo_hedging.mq4| //|
I am not able to test the data on the selected dates when I enable the "Use date" option on the strategy tester , it always test from one month before actual date, and if I select a range older from actual date then it even does not do anything, how can I enable the testing from the selected dates
I composed my indicator using Close[i]. But I saw the official indicators allow traders to choose which price to apply to in the parameter settings. How to code that? Thanks
Hi everyone, I have a problem with my EA trades, now I will show you the code with a screenshot of a trade (it happens often) void OnTimer () { //--- if (currBars != Bars ){ calculate_price_levels(); //debug_levels(); check_nearest_levels(); if (is_session()){
How is it possible that the alert "total trades" is returning '3', but "have we had two trades?" is returning 'false'. This makes no sense... my head hurts. Please help. bool haveWeHadTwoTrades; int totalTrades = 0 ; for ( int i = OrdersHistoryTotal()- 1 ; i >= 0 ; i--) { if (
  Discussion  (1585   1 2 3 4 5 ... 158 159)
Any suggestion about EAs testing, suggestion EAs to test and any other talking and advice please post here
Hello friends, I am building my first EA and have all my calculations done. I want the calculations to run every time a new candle opens on a 1H chart. How do i start the code for that? For Example: Every time a new candle opens: 1. A calculation is done. 2. Based on that calculation, a new order is
Hi friends, i made this EA that launches two diferent orders, so the thing is once the first target is hit, it is supposed to move the second order to a break even point, i used this code but it will only move the stoploss sometimes, most times it wont do anything wich is weird, it is like sometimes
I can't copy my signal onto my MT 4 account? How do I link them? Do I need to get a VPS first? Any suggestions on copy trading in general? Thanks, Colin
Hey, am making an indicator that counts the total (bid) tick size up (and down for another indicator window) at rate of per n seconds.....in the "indicator iteration function" I couldnt find funtions that work for this formula (I tried "BidPrice - LastBidPrice" for Range function but there are other
Hi, I’m looking to make my own dashboard in Python where by entering a MT4 account number and investor password I am able to get data from the account such as live account balance, equity, trade history etc. What method would be best to do this so I can then go and learn
I'm trying to find an EA for the mt4 platform that will immediately open a new pending order with the same specs as the original trade that closed for profit.  For example, if I had a buy trade enter on EUR/USD at 1.1300 and a TP of 1.1310 which closed for profit, I would like an EA to immediately...