MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 152

How to save a high and low dynamically in order to recognize the trading range? Thanks. Giuseppe
x if (OrderCloseTime() < Time[ 0 ]) if the open order hits the take profit i want to the next 1 hour to trade again
Hi, i am strugglling to get run such mq4 code in mql5. Can someone help me? The code i use in mql4 is this. void OpenOrdersResults() { //------------------------------------------------------ SumOrders= 0 ; BuyOrders= 0 ; SellOrders= 0 ; TypeLastOrder=- 1 ; ProfitBuyOrders= 0 ;
I have an indicator that draws a line with a logic that starts from [n] bars back and changes the value bit by bit until it reaches the right end of the chart. (as per my last post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/382876 ) it works marvelously and I am moving to backtest albeit with a problem. Since
Hi, I want to work with the charts in metatrader 4 not only as linear charts, but also as logarithmic. Is this possible? Is there any tool or add on which makes a logarithmic chart with metatrader? Or can I write a Charttool by my own? Thank you!
  MT4 indicator not install  (20   1 2)
Hi ... I will purchase MT4 indicator, but it's not install my Mt4 platform
Hello Everyone. Can anyone tell me how to start with real login? I want to start with my real login? i have an account in iforex.com will my account will work in MetaTrader4. if not then which website will work and how it will work? Please answer me as soon as possible. Thanks COmmunity in advance
I have: bool MyVar = false; When I try and display a comment: Comment ("MyVar: " + MyVar); I get implicit conversion from 'number' to 'string' warning when compiling. In MT4 it would compile OK and print a 'one' or 'zero' corresponding to true or false. How do we now display booleans in a...
I am trying to write an indicator that calculates some cumulative change over time. Let's say it starts from the bar with index [50] with an initial value and depending on the bars on the way the value will become different when it reaches the right end of the chart. It will be drawn like a line
Hi guys, I need some help on normalizing prices. I use broker A that has an ECN and CENTS account Using my EA on the ECN account and normalizing the prices to Symbol XAUUSD works just fine. However, when using the same EA on the CENTS account, I get error 4107. When I print the TICKSIZE it makes me
I have a script which does write 1000 candelsticks into a .hst file, my problem is when i change in my code the for loop to make only 1 run then i have also just 1 candelstick in my .hst file saved, so it looks like he overwwrite everything in the .hst file. And i have just a easy question, how ust
  Help me please  (6)
I don't know what else to do. I have read and understood the terms and conditions carefully. Files run perfectly. There is no element of deceit. But still my file didn't pass the test. I am almost helpless wasting time in vain, there is no solution at all please sir please help what should I do
Hi All I would like to open a trade when price touches a object(Buy/Sell). With the code below it will open in between the objects. extern int MagicNumber= 1 ; int MaxTrades= 0 ; //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Expert tick function
  Mt4 api access  (1)
I applied about a week ago to get Mt4 api broker access to create a tool and havne't received an email back from them yet. does anyone know about how long it takes to hear a reply back? Thanks
I am trying to add the position size calculator to a new broker mt4 platform but it is not working ? I have this loaded successfully on my other broker mt4 platforms but for some reason I cannot do it on this one - please help - it is showing in the mql data folder but not in tools when i try to
Hello, I open this post because I was using DayOfWeek but last weekend as it receive the last known server time my script think it was Friday... I tried to use MarketInfo(TRADE_ALLOWED) but it didn't return me FALSE neither TRUE but if I well remember last weekend it return -1  ??   My script is a...
Hi all, Any help would be greatly appreciated as this has me stumped at the minute: I'm looking to access a candle close 2 back to see if it closes above the upper Bollinger band Then looking at the candle 1 back to see if it closes below the upper Bollinger band I'm getting a match on the on the
Why on the flowing code do i get array out of range error only when on property strict? int start() { double atr,lowprice_i,highprice_i,lowma,highma; bool nexttrend= 0 ; double minhighprice= High[ Bars - 1 ]; double maxlowprice = Low[ Bars - 1 ];
I am using currently the periodconverter script example to create custom offline chart files but it looks like the metatrader is using to much CPU for creating this files. Is it possible to create this files without metatrader and save them just in the right folder? If i open the files in a
  Mt4 Api  (46   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi, have anybody API code of MT4? I will some owner DDL's interface library to inside. Thx ______________________ DDF Digital Data Format GTF Generic Token Format ______________________
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| TZ-Breaktout.mq4 | //| Shimodax | //| |
  EA not working  (2)
HI Fellow traders, I currently downloaded an EA and wanted to back test on strategy tester but its not working. The default MA EA is working fine. When i contacted the developer or the EA, he asked me to OPtimize the EA and gave me a link to read
Good morning from the uk everyone. So am looking for a bit of help regarding some code I've been working on. My code is attached and as you'll quickly tell I'm still new to this and its definitely not the neatest/most efficient right now. However the reason for the post is I'm having stop loss and
can you please help me with hidding rsi input parameters
Hi. Where exactly do I download the generic version of MT4??? Please don't say from a broker. When I go to https://www.metatrader4.com/en/download and click the "download MT4" link, it still installs the MT5 version. Why the deception? Thanks
  Lot Sizing  (2)
Hi I would like to create a function that computes the correct lot size for all forex pairs and commodities. is this possible ? where should I start ? I have a fixed stop loss and risk percentage Thanks
Hi there, I am trying to write an indicator to work on Fibs on a chart. To debug this, I created debug.tpl and when I run the indicator in the Debugger, the correct template loads. The debug.tpl has as Fib and some MAs. When I step through the code that assigns some values to variables, the values
I created an indicator that measures the IBS (internal bar strength), I used part of the function listed in MQL docs but I do have a problem when I switch time frames, it doesn't seem to run the OnDeinit to clear up already created objects before it starts creating new objects based on the new
  What is a TICK?  (43   1 2 3 4 5)
What is a "tick" in MT4
[Deleted]
So, is there something I have missed here or is MT4 decided it just doesn't feel like showing the ASK line, despite numerous attempts at getting the terminal to show the ask line... and also here ..and I've even cheked to make sure the color of the ask line isnt camoflaged with the chart color as