Martingale EA - page 2

Thanks Wolfe that is what I have done "set the Lot_Size_Increment in the external variables to 0" see in preset file attached in my previous post.

And it will produce profit at least for a certain period of time.

In terms of using a more aggressive progression yet only invest the money you won you could follow this example:

0.1 0.1 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.5 0.8 1.3 etc..

The first 3 element are 0.1 and then it is the sum of the last two.

This is as far as I will go in terms of "aggressivness" but I like the simple pyramiding 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.1 etc...

In any case you can always have x variantes of progression but always risk your winning pips so in the worst case you dont win or lose much.

I have a suggestion:

1)

Maybe it is better to set the starting Lot as a percentage of your account via a external variable.

Example 1% with 10000 Capital = 100 $ so you will start with 0.1 Lot

but if Capital 50000 you will start with 0.5 lot

Thank again for the effort.

Sunwest

sunwest:

I have a suggestion:

1)

Maybe it is better to set the starting Lot as a percentage of your account via a external variable.

Example 1% with 10000 Capital = 100 $ so you will start with 0.1 Lot

but if Capital 50000 you will start with 0.5 lot

Sunwest

That's a good suggestion. I'll try to add that option in the external variables when I get a chance. Thanks.

Please see the print screen attachment. It started with .1 lot and should increase by .01 for each next trade (ex: .11, .12, .13, .14 , etc.).

Files:
tfx.doc  146 kb

lcfxtrader:
Please see the print screen attachment. It started with .1 lot and should increase by .01 for each next trade (ex: .11, .12, .13, .14 , etc.).

I checked out your screen shot, and am not sure what is happening yet. I have attached EA to Interbank with your parameters. I'll let it run and try to figure out the problem.

wolfe:
I checked out your screen shot, and am not sure what is happening yet. I have attached EA to Interbank with your parameters. I'll let it run and try to figure out the problem.

Icfxtrader,

This is what happened when I attached to live Interbank Demo. I'm still not sure what happened to your test yet.

Files:

Any suggestions? Your progression is exactly what I was trying to achieve.

icfx...You must of rebooted...or made changes in the middle of the progression..

ES

ElectricSavant:
icfx...You must of rebooted...or made changes in the middle of the progression.. ES

I'm hoping that was what happened, because I can't figure out in the code any reason for it to happen.

lcfxtrader:
Wolfe,

The EA entered a 3rd trade (next_trade) after the initial trade with a value of .01 lots but it should be at .13 lots. The 2 consecutive next trades after the initial are .11 & .12 lots (lot size increment set at .01). Could you please take a look at this when you have some time?

Thanks,

lcfxtrader

I just ran a quick back test on Interbank using 0.01 Start_Lot_Size and 0.01 Lot_Size increment, and it incremented properly. So I'm not yet sure what the problem you're having is. Have a look:

Files:
tfx.gif  10 kb
tfx.htm  31 kb

Take this for what it's worth. Which probably isn't much. Here is one optimized back test for v1_1 run on FXDD data for only 1 month. This was the month I was able to achieve 90% modeling quality.

Files:
Reason: