MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1509

[Deleted]
I want to declare the following: double positiveInfinity = 1.7e308; double negitiveInfinity = -1.7e-308; double value = 1.1e-134; According to the documentation a double can ranges from -1.7 * e-308 to a positive 1.7 * e308 but when I try double value = 1.1e-134; // '1.1e' - invalid number...
Hi, I am new to MQL. I need to know if I can program to be alerted when the 1HR chart is along the Bollinger Band? Thanks, JForex.
[Deleted]
I tried to write to some code that would find the most frequently occuring price over the last nMinutes, using OHLC as quotes.  I realize now however, that I am in way over my head.  Please help! int i;int PopLength = 100;double Pop;double PriceArray[PopLength][2];double Check; int start(){...
Does anyone have any experience with the EA F.R.E.D.. I am constantly getting the following message: Error Occured : invalid trade volume. I've experimented with the lot size anywhere from 0.01 to 0.1 to 5.0. Nothing seems to work.
  MarketInfo() - bug  (12   1 2)
Hi, I think, I just found a bug. To re-produce just install and insert as Custom-indicator, end and re-start MT4 - you'll find the window empty. Now just set faulty to false and feel better. I used this for my indicator in a separate_window...
[Deleted]
Somehow I lost the tool bar at the bottom of the page that said "TRADES, EMAIL, ALERTS ETC." I can heat the tone when I get a message but cant view them. Im sure its something simple but cant seem to find it. Can anyone help?
greetings ! anyone here had perceived that offline charts from created symbols can't be tested on strategy tester ? there is any workaround ?
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm new to MT4 and understand how to add an indicator to the chart but I want to add a moving average to the volume when I have it displayed in it's own box below the chart. I have it showing as a simple histogram. According to the help file one can add an indicator to another but it does not
[Deleted]
Hello, I have created a custom indicator, but how do I reference this indicator in my EA?
[Deleted]
I was arranging the Toolbox and the Navigator windows. I pulled the Navigator window way to the right and left my mouse. Now I am not able to bring the navigator window into the view. selected and deselected the navigator icon and I closed the editor and opened and still not able to. The navigator...
[Deleted]
Hey everyone, I'm completely brand new to forex. As such, I have about a zillion questions so if there's a "pre-school" section of this forum, please point me to it and forgive the following basic questions. I'm a GUT trader. i.e. haven't a clue about charts and statistics. BUT, I've paper traded...
  Opening an Order  (1)
Hi All, I would like to ask someone to clarify me 3 basic things: when MT4 executes a command: OrderSend() - is it waiting to get a confirmation from the market that the order has been confirmed / refused / requoted / etc., or it's going immedialtely to next command ? how exactly should I deal with...
Wer Hilfe bei Programmierung eines EAs benötigt und dies in Deutsch. Findet diese unter http://www.meta-trader.de
[Deleted]
  NEW MEMBER  (1)
Please am a new member in the forum, please I need someone to explain to me how to go about learning about expert advisor. I realy want to learn how to use it and others that geos with it, I will appreciate the effort of the forum to help me through, peace to all of you.
[Deleted]
  ATR + RSI code  (2)
Hello Guys, Im new to metatrader but would really like to dive into this MQL4 code as my backgrounds in IT but not development/coding. I was wondering if someone could help me with an example.... I'm trying to take the VALUE of ATR, and put that as the period in RSI... I know this doesn't make a...
Hi, I am slowly teaching myself how to code EAs. I have an EA that I am currently working on that has good potential but I do not know how to code my target price. I want the EA to take partial profits at fib expansion levels of the previous day when using any timeframe shorter than 1 hour and fib...
New article To Sleep, or Not to Sleep? is published: An alternative use of the Sleep() function in the realization of pausesbetween EA's actions is proposed. The approach under considerationallows a smart use of machine time. Author: Sergey Gridnev
[Deleted]
I got an EA from a friend. Last week, I could run the tester, and there was result. But today, it yields no result anymore. What can be the possible reasons? Someone help me!!
[Deleted]
Hi everybody please help!! In Multiply Order, How to make the last stoploss be The New Stoploss for All, Close All ???
[Deleted]
Hi there, I am new to metatrader and I have created my first Expert Advisor to alert me when a new bar is created. I list my code below as it doesn't appear to be alerting so i must have something wrong. Can any one help? Also once I have attach the cod eto the chart how do I unattach it? Hope...
Do I need to keep the names of the buffers originally named by MT4: ExtMapBuffer5[] or can I replace the names e.g. according to the color they are paintend like smaBlue[] ?? Or does this mix up MT4? Carl
According to a "golden rule" no more than 2% of capital should be risked for a single trade. Considering the above which of the following would be the best approach: 1) Position size should be no more than 2% of available capital 2) Position size can be (considerably) more than 2% of available...
[Deleted]
I am experiencing loss of connection...my internet connection is fine...any suggestions? Thanks
[Deleted]
This ExpertID is 0 is a problem and still here after a I restart and is not going away Does someone knows what to do?
This simply does'nt work. My EA opens lot of trades, and i just want when i close EA that EA closes all his trades. I think it doesn't work because deinit is fast, faster that time required to close all trades. In case of bugs can someone see code below? I insert CloseFunction in deinit function....
[Deleted]
I need to know is if there are any existing open buy or sell transactions when my EA starts. Studying MQL4 language specs, the best i could do to get the details as required was as in the following function. int findopenbuysell(string buyorsell){ for (int j = 0; j < OrdersTotal(); j++) {...
  Newb...  (5)
To your attention.. a rather dumb question: Is it possible read and alter EA external variables with other EAs/scritps? Can external variables be changed only manually? Thanks :)
Hai any Body can help me..?
[Deleted]
mail me if u want a wonderful combination of some indicators developed by most of our top programmers in this forum and i will teach u how to combine them, to generate up to 100 pips a day...... femiexel2002@yahoo.com
  BankingFX  (3)
Hi, does somebody know the faith of BANKINGFX's experts?