"tick based" indicator

Hi there,

is there a way to build an indicator that draws a line for each tick?

if not possible, how to draw a candle (open,high,low,close) in the indicator window

best regards

indicators use index buffers which are mapped to the charts periodocity ie, the bar concept which is built up from a series of data ticks.

I'd of thought that their are other platforms that allow such. eSignal comes to mind - believe it can use nn ticks as periodocity/bars which are then like MT displayed. You know? like this chart is a 20tick based bar display. yes... am sure eSignal does that, must be others.

the MT indicator 'gets' each tick, like the EA, but regards plotting - that's done on bar concept.

ok... maybe can plot pixels? you know, like use objects. I believe is possible to have fine grain X,Y plots using pixels when you manipulate the MT objects in code.

just an idea...

ahh, the MarketWatch pane's 'TickChart' tab does this. Is a Terminal s/w + Win API sorta stuff but maybe the Object Functions can emulate?

boy... I've run out of gas here -lol

Bye

'tick指标'

tick indicator!

tick is the price at instantaneous time, not time period, so no HLOC so no candles, only ASK and BID, and and not have same time interval between adjacent price value.

Reason: