MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1506

[Deleted]
Hi there, I just registered here and so I am very new. I searched the forum for "logs vista" but didn´t get the result I need, so I am posting my question here: I just discovered that my MT4 doesn´t write logs anymore from the journal. I have a new laptop since beginning of November. Vista is...
[Deleted]
Hi, All the forum members. I'm newbie to mql4... so please advice me to construct my simple EA.. the concept is like below: >m15.. looking for main trend first rule >follow the trend and waiting >down/up 20pips then reverse back 20pips >next down/up again 10pips..open position buy/sell >tp=10...
I wrote an EA that opens trades with any CP regardless the active chart cp. I realized that my EA works on demo account (IBFX) but it does not work on live account. Why? Here is an example of the displayed messagges : 2008.12.22 06:31:47 EURUSDm,M1: unknown symbol name USDJPY for OrderSend function...
[Deleted]
Hi, Alls When I try to my programme it shows the 'Not enough bars in the window. EA doesn't work' I cant understand what to do ? Plz! help me Thanx!
Hello, I search someone to program a strategy (expert advisor), that seems to work good. Please contact me to quaranta.eric@hotmail.fr ps : I am french, so excuse me for my English see u later Mkilvan
[Deleted]
Seems that in strategy tester the EA can't access the price data of other symbols exept the attached chart symbol So, how can I test an EA in which I want to trade deferent symbols? Please Help Thanks a lot
  Compare Array  (5)
Hi, i have 2 array like double a[95]; double b[95]; Any idea how in a fast way i can compare if the values of both arrays is equal? Something except "for (int i = 0; i < 96; i++)" .. Thank you for your ideas
  MQL4 Arrays  (2)
Are MQL4 arrays sparse? For example, if I define an array: double a1[][4]; Then add some entries at arbitrary points: a1[1234][0] = 3.14; Does the array implemention add entries 0 to 1233 for the first dimension? The purpose of this would be to track order specific information on a per ticket...
[Deleted]
How can the Start( ) function be triggered by a certain period of time rather than a new coming tick? For instance, a time of 10 seconds. Can any one with kindness help me? Or More precisely, how can I perform a function(instead of Start( )) recurrsively triggered by a certain period of time?
I see that when I am running tests at the end the open orders are stopped out... sometimes these orders are -ve and of course that affects the final result significantly. Instead of closing out those orders is there a way to set MetaTrader to keep those orders open rather than stop them? Cheers C
I am running with a demo account which recently download / register from http://www.metaquotes.net/ . V4 Build 220. Point return incorrect value as 0 when play with EUR/USD and GBP/USD ? any clue?
[Deleted]
Here is some typical code which prevents an EA from trading until enough bars are available. start() { ..... ..... //Are there enough bars to consider a trade? if (Bars < 25) { Print(" Bars < 25. Waiting for more bars."); return(0); } ..... ........
[Deleted]
hey,if someone can build the 2 folling things: 1.bar countdown - meaning it will show how many time there is left till the candle is over. 2.alert every time the price get 7 pips away near bolinger band with deviation "3". thats all, big thanks if you can make it work.
I made a trading application in VC++ and couldnt figure out how to send trade signals to MT4 so im stuck trying to make an expert advisor. So I wanted to start out with something simple and to get a feel for MT4 so I came up with this, forsome reason it doesnt work and I have no idea why. I think it...
Hi, is it possible to write an ea where I can choose which indicator is used? double iCustom( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift) iCustom is using "string name" to select the indicator, that means that it should be possible to use simply code like: extern...
[Deleted]
I would like to request help in modifying the Parabolic SAR indicator. This should be easy for someone who is familiar with the programing language. I can trade but am brain dead when it comes to programing language. I would like the Parabolic SAR to emit an audible signal when it flips to the other...
Hi, I have had this problem bugging me for two weeks and I just can't figure it out: Made a special 'compund' indicator with one combined output (graph)...works great. But when I run the same calculations in the EA (obviously using arrays instead of the indicator buffers)  and drawing it using...
Hi All! I want to be able to email the daily results to myself from my vps running MT4. Is this possible and can someone point me in some coding direction? Excuse me for being so noob. C
[Deleted]
How can the EA perform sound in the case of a pending order? For instance, colourful sound for the close of take profit and sorrowful sound for the close of stoploss. And notice sound for the success of sending an pending order. can any one with kindness help me?
A few numbers. Week 1 - or rather the first weekend
Is it possible to get periods > than 1mth in metatrader? I have looked at the code of the period optimizer, but I can't fugure out why any attempt beyond a mth gives an unending "waiting to update" message
[Deleted]
Hi, I need to introduce in my EA a routine able to ask a password and to change it after a certain period. The password allows the EA to perform trades. I am looking for the magic words to write this simple procedure. Thank you all for any answer. SA
  A System: Test  (100   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
Welcome Community, It is a pleasure in announcing that A System Test is beginning. I hope that day of the real activity will be very soon. I thank all the people for kindly collaboration. Best regards, Ais
[Deleted]
I have read that a GlobalVariable (Client terminal) has to be a double type. But can it be an Array of double? thanks a lot.
[Deleted]
Dears! Charts of MT 4 indicate reversal bars(green cross). Does exist an alert per Email if this reversal cross appears and is confirmed by open of the next bar? I mean if there is programmed an exper advisoror script, which can trigger Email if this condition is filled, I did describe. Thanks
I wrote the attached .mqh files and I wrote in my expert the following int start() { #include <punto.mqh> #include <decimali.mqh> #include <Lots_Long.mqh> #include <Lots_Short.mqh> .... } I'm not sure if I this is the right way. Could you check the attached files? Thank you
[Deleted]
How can an EA know when a position was closed by the stop loss? I need some sample code or location where to find it.
1] i am planning to buy ssd, does mql have problem with that 2]  since i planning buy a new one some question bother me     next year in China will look like this for the new computer     3*1g-ddr3 = entry level      3*2g-ddr3 = standard      3*4g-ddr3 = power     3*8g-ddr3 = high end it seem 64 bit...
[Deleted]
Hi all, Is there a way to change the spread inside the tester? Some brokers changes their spread during news and I would like to test my EA using the maximum spread that my broker can apply. sb
[Deleted]
Just wondering. It's kind of against the rules to spike. There are accounts with 99% of profitable trades in the +2 spread zone. At the same time the losses are higher and the overall ratio, probably, does not even correspond to 25%, but it is interesting. There are several such accounts, by the