Help with this EA!

Hello, I have this typical Martingale EA except I want to tweak it! Basically what I want it to do is instead of closing a position when it hits the SL then doubles the lots, keep the positions open and only close after TP is hit. So the pair can move against me, say for example, 5 levels and the positions are left open until pair moves in my direction, hits the TP then closes all position. I hope I'm clear.

Thanks

criss73 wrote >>

Hello, I have this typical Martingale EA except I want to tweak it! Basically what I want it to do is instead of closing a position when it hits the SL then doubles the lots, keep the positions open and only close after TP is hit. So the pair can move against me, say for example, 5 levels and the positions are left open until pair moves in my direction, hits the TP then closes all position. I hope I'm clear.

Thanks

Very clear, but why do you think that the market has to or will hit your TP? More than likely you will stay on the wrong side of the market until long after your account has been margined out of existence.

Keith

criss73:

Thanks

Be careful, otherwise the market will wash away your margin at the end

nunungsubarja:

Be careful, otherwise the market will wash away your margin at the end

I realize these thing, believe me. I just would like to have this done for myself, i have my reasons.

kminler:

Very clear, but why do you think that the market has to or will hit your TP? More than likely you will stay on the wrong side of the market until long after your account has been margined out of existence.

Keith

I understand that nothing is for certain. I just would like to have this done.

You need to fix basic errors first, like where dTarget and dBailout are not included in OrderSend (you have zeros for those).

dTarget = Bid - TP * Point;
dBailOut = Bid + SL * Point;
OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, mylotsi, Bid, slippage, dBailOut, dTarget, NULL, MagicNumber, 0, Red);

Then you can adjust the TP and SL - just make SL very big which would in effect be no SL. With a quick test on a short period, it records a profit, but with an even much bigger drawdown, living up to a Martingale's reputation.

blogzr3:

You need to fix basic errors first, like where dTarget and dBailout are not included in OrderSend (you have zeros for those).

dTarget = Bid - TP * Point;
dBailOut = Bid + SL * Point;
OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, mylotsi, Bid, slippage, dBailOut, dTarget, NULL, MagicNumber, 0, Red);

Then you can adjust the TP and SL - just make SL very big which would in effect be no SL. With a quick test on a short period, it records a profit, but with an even much bigger drawdown, living up to a Martingale's reputation.

hey blogzr3, how do I code this in?

Thanks

Reason: