MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1505

[Deleted]
Hi the EMA_CROSS.mq4 working some times but later it doesnt, I Tried many more but no Thnx!
I would like to test my programmed in MQL Expert Advisors, indicators or scripts (despite of the Strategy Tester) before I add it to the real chart. For example if you whenever write the program for the computer you have to compile it before using. If you get an error or some errors during...
[Deleted]
Hello, my dears, I have no problems with copying of .ex4 files to MetaTrader 4 in Windows XP Pro. I also know, that the .ex4 files must go in the folder experts\indicators. But how does this go??? Please, writes down to me all steps certainly. Okay? Thank-you to all. Kindly regards Kathrin
[Deleted]
For example, I am using a custom indicator that returns something like 1.37895645 which is 8 decimal places, but all I want are the first 4. Is there a way to truncate the rest off? Thanks in advance.
[Deleted]
I am new and How can I get the trade severs at the terminal of MetaTrader? The More trade servers, the better. So I can judge which one is better in trading with the terminal. Can any one with kindness help me?
[Deleted]
  Help me learn how to trade!  (156   1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16)
I went to a free week-long course. Kind of figured something out. Opened a demo account. I traded. Wiped out. Opened a demo account. Traded. Wiped out. Opened a demo account. Traded. I emptied. I traded in the following way: at first I was in profit (with diligent observance of MM), and then I
[Deleted]
hELLO, when i save a profile, the files chr and the repertory are not created ? can you help me ? RAGE
[Deleted]
  As I can...  (2)
I know if it is possible to hide or disable the inputs tab in a EA? THK.
I tried to use the & to return values in a library and it does not seems to work, but in the program main it is fine eg if this function is in the program main, it works void CalValue(string symbol, int magic, double& value1, double& value2, double& value3 ) but if I place this function in a library...
Hi, I am trying to code an EA which looks to see if the last bar had a close near the centre and if it did buy or sell on a breakout of the high or low of the same bar but the opening of orders does not happen when I expect. Any ideas? Thanks very much. Code follows....
[Deleted]
Hi... I am very new in this area. I just tried writing small programs. But I can not change the current instrument (currency pair). It always set to the last used if I use symbol(). Example: OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYLIMIT,Lots,Ask-10*Point,3,Bid-StopLoss_Buy*Point,Ask+TakeProfit_Buy*Point,"Order...
[Deleted]
Hi, Why the same code works well into a script but it doesn't work in EA even if I make it run one time only through a switch? if(sswitch==0) { int handle; double BarOpenValues[10]; for(int i=0;i<10; i++) BarOpenValues[i]=Open[i]; handle=FileOpen("mydata.dat", FILE_BIN|FILE_WRITE);...
[Deleted]
I'm a new forex trader and I'm learning how to program EAs. I'm a programmer by trade, so it should not take too long for me to understand how to program what I would like to do. I'm looking for help in understand the limits of EA. I would like to write and EA that exicutes trades by compairing...
[Deleted]
In my earlier topic, I did not explained myself clearly. So, I try to send the problem precisely: if the order I sent is OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,bid-StopLoss*Point,Ask+TakeProfit*Point,"macd sample",16384,0,Green); and it is accepted by the main server. And I do not use OrderClose or...
[Deleted]
I finished working fewmonths ago on the development of an extraordinary EA in partnershipwith some talented co-workers (in a hedge fund).... The backtest provides a result of $500 to$1.000.000 in about 5 years, with a maximum drawdown of about 50% but with a small deposit of like $500 it's not...
[Deleted]
hello, im just walking my firsts steps through programming in MQL4 and I have some questions that someone could answer. Does anyone know how to detect if a position its closed when it reaches the StopLoss limit?? thanks in advance
[Deleted]
I just want to take Profit 0.0002 and Error 130 is occured .How can I avoid such error? Can any one with kindness help me?
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an Interview with Vladimir Lekhovitser (PrizmaL) has been published. Vladimir Lekhovitser (PrizmaL) is successfully participating in ATC 2008, so we decided to ask him some questions about his development. Vladimir was willingly asnwering...
I would like to add on the current chart (above the chart - in the corner) the current Values of the RSI and WPR% indicators. How to add this Values into the chart. I would like to add these values as the new Indicator. For example: RSI: 71 WPR%: -36 below is the chart What is your best suggestion?...
Somebody can help me how to put maximum Open position Parameter on EA..Thankz Buddy...I'm really need it..GBU~
[Deleted]
  forex MT4 newbie  (4)
Hi dear!im am a forex newbie and ill like all other users to help me by answering some of my questions.i need to know the MINIMUM AMOUNT/DEPOSIT i can use to trade using the MT4 platform.(example $50,$100 etc jus let me know the minimum).
Hi All This OrderSend works fine for some brokers: OrderSend("USDCAD",OP_BUY,1,Ask,3,Ask-SL*Point,Ask+target*Point,"50varL",123,0,Blue); But using the tester with alpari I get two errors: OrderSend error 4051, Invalid Function Parameter Value, since I used Point I assume that I do not need to...
[Deleted]
In MT4 (single terminal) I'm logged into one account. Is it possible for the active EA to place an order on another account I'm not logged into? I think I might need a separate DLL for this.
The relative ratio between Lotsize, Profit Factor and Maximal Drawdown is very good for this multi trade EA. The EA will trade upto 29 seperate currencies based on the Basket method. Lotsize, Stoploss and TakeProfit are dynamic based on AccountBalance(). mt41969@yahoo.co.uk
[Deleted]
hello everyone!? I have an expert advisor that generates 150-300% profit quaterly. This EA is based on a rare trend reversal indicator. Contact me at (karl_me_2nite@yahoo.com) for proof and how you can obtain this EA. Hope to hear from you... Karl
The smile on the chart is good but I have an error Merci
[Deleted]
Does the sleep function work properly in the stratgey tester?
  Stereo Neuro Net  (111   1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12)
In Avishka, if you squint your eyes properly and fall into a state of Nirvana, you can see how a 3-layer two-entry non-linear grid shovels the input data (the price series) trying to find hidden patterns in it. And, indeed, it finds it. P.S. This should not be taken seriously
[Deleted]
This has been driving me nuts for a week now, hope someone can help. I have an indicator that draws entry lines at the top and bottem of the bar before an inside bar. It will also allow the user to elect to offset the lines, and to allow an additional offset to the buy indicator to account for the...
Hello everyone! I've just started writing my simple EA yesterday and I've been bumping into two problems over and over. 1) When  I run the EA it doesn't finish with the testing and the completion bar just stands still until I stop the testing. 2) It completes the testing, but no positions are open,...