Looking for MQL 4 downloadable programming books

Hi,

I am looking for any MQL4 programming books which I can either download or buy.

I have tried to download Sergey Kovalyov's book in English, but it always appears with an error.

Any help would be appreciated.

I used to program in the past in Assembler and C,C++, but am rusty.

Thank you,

Robert

photojournalist10@gmail.com

Tried below? is a .chm windows file(*)

this book download is from 'Book' page https://book.mql4.com/

and an independent writer: MQL Tutorial by Coders` guru

so... a board level coder?

nice one - many, many memories of many manufacturers assembler :o)

You will NOT have any troubles with the C'esque subset... more likely will be getting to grips with the docs [interpretation thereof] and builtins ;)

have fun!

(*) if desparate, can always upload to file host for you - but I just downloaded it without problems.

ooops! I spoke to soon! I cannot open. I wonder why. jeeeze - always the same, must be something I have missed - watch this space I guess...

duuuuuuh - my error!

probably you will find that the files' Properties has the Unblock button - click > Apply

Hope there will be also mql4 debugger... since most of the time i use Alert(), Print()... mqleditor is a though place if you have more than 500 lines of code.

" mqleditor is a though place if you have more than 500 lines of code."

yes... it is but on the bright side - the ltd testing environment could be very fruitful to eventual satisfactory and robust outcome.

why? force self to design small tight single functionality black boxes. Easy to 'get it right' almost immediately because is single functionality - either correct or not, no grey areas.

By implication above can mean that one forgoes all those source file globals [or at least it could!]. Why? well... they have a habit of getting zapped all over the place and is massive issue seeking out the culprit(s) shoving some lame value into it/them... so in a stroke, the black box approach removes this potential bottomless pit as well.

For sure debuggers can have their place - yet if design tight units it is very remote that a debugger is going to make much difference - hey! these units should all have been tested to destruction way before bolting them together. Another benefit of this method is that you get a synergy effect when combining - also most become reusable code... why keep reinventing [and debugging] the wheel for each new project?

"since most of the time i use Alert(), Print()."

why not make up an #include <trace.mqh> source for example. Put some functions in there which dump whatever to a file [and/or to Terminal log]. init() calls eg, traceStart() and deinit() calls eg, traceStop()

Throw in a few functions to dump out to file and hey presto, got a reusable, bolt on 'self contained' module you compile with.

all imho - but for sure, can really ease the strain when developing and whenever you decide to update code, and [as usual ;] the mods not work as planned then call in the trace functions !!!

Reason: